Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cop manhandles unruly student

Hawken

Austria for example, I can look up others for you later, I am busy right now ;)

Austria? they have no discipline in their schools? LOL. I doubt they have thugs who show so much disrespect. If they do, I doubt they ignore the problem.

USA, in about half the states

https://en.wikipedia...oral_punishment

this was not corporal punishment. she was being sent to the principal. I know some states do not have corporal punishment. She was being removed from the room for disrupting the class. Corporal punishment is paddling. The assertion is in some countries it is illegal to punish a student. Punishment has many forms. This is not a punishment debate. The poster I replied to asserts teachers have no right to tell students to do anything. The girl can refuse to put up her phone and refuse to leave the room. I am just shaking my head. But thanks for the meaningless link. in her state they can paddle her and if her parents were good parents they would be doing it. But she is not far from the tree. My bet is, her parents are as thuggish as she is.

• Like 2

But she is not far from the tree. My bet is, her parents are as thuggish as she is.

This is probably true. My wife is a teacher. In most cases, the disruptive students have parents who do not care. They think it is the schools job to make sure their kids behave. Then when their kids get in trouble they side with their kids in every way. When these parents are called to be informed of their kids behavior, they get defensive.

It sure wasn't like that with my parents.

• Like 4

This is probably true. My wife is a teacher. In most cases, the disruptive students have parents who do not care. They think it is the schools job to make sure their kids behave. Then when their kids get in trouble they side with their kids in every way. When these parents are called to be informed of their kids behavior, they get defensive.

It sure wasn't like that with my parents.

I have to agree. I would have never done that as a child, but if I had, the worst possible thing the school could have done is call my dad. I would be needing help from the police. now the parents would be going there to beat up the teacher. I am afraid that too many black kids are being told to defy police and film it. bad advice for them.

• Like 2

Maybe they should not have used the resource officer, but maybe called her parents and told them to come get their little thug or they are going to jail.

I don't think the jail threat would have overly concerned her parents, seeing as they are dead...

• Like 1

I don't think the jail threat would have overly concerned her parents, seeing as they are dead...

Replace parents with guardians.

Really it is sad that a "jail threat" is needed. Calling those responsible and telling them that their child is unruly should be enough.

Totally agree with you, mbrn and Myles.

It just so happens that I grew up and went to school in an area not far at all from where this happened; in fact, I still live here. My highschool also had similar demographics.

Truthfully, nowadays, a teacher's hands are tied; especially when dealing with black students. The students run the institution in instances like these, not the school's administration. Teachers are scarcely allowed to do their jobs and sure as hell aren't allowed to discipline kids without threats of severe repercussion; often coming from the administration, students AND the parents. Physical, sexual and racial abuse/harassment are daily occurrences for these poor people and there's little if anything they can do about it without losing their jobs.

I'll reserve judgment on what happened to the kid, although there's a video floating around showing the her punching the resource officer in the face. Yes, punch a cop in the face and see what happens. Brilliant!

• Like 3

I'll reserve judgment on what happened to the kid, although there's a video floating around showing the her punching the resource officer in the face. Yes, punch a cop in the face and see what happens. Brilliant!

She did flail her arm after he initiated contact. What terrifies me about our society is that for many this seems to be enough justification for a grown man to smash a 16 year old girl into the floor.

• Like 2

keep making excuses then wonder why she is in prison or probation ten years from now. blame the cops all you want, but she is making this happen. she made a choice to be a punk and she basically got what she asked for. The good students know what's up. too bad so many adults are not dealing with the children's bad behavior. This is sick. the parents should be mad at her but typical ghetto looking for a payday. They will be visiting her at a jail or cemetery one day. I bet she has already visited her father at a jail if she knows who her father is.

There hasn't been a single post here excusing the girl's behaviour.

I find it truly disconcerting that anyone can watch this video, and their first thought is concerning delinquent children.

Seriously, had this happened in the U.K., it would be the top story in the national news.

Children can be dumb and rebellious. Yes, discipline is needed. If anyone thinks this is appropriate discipline for a child though, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a place of education.

• Like 4

I have not seen that she is an orphan, but she is in foster care. That might just mean her moronic parents have dumped her on society to raise. And she is growing up to be one fine citizen.

• Like 1

I find it truly disconcerting that anyone can watch this video, and their first thought is concerning delinquent children.

Seriously, had this happened in the U.K., it would be the top story in the national news.

Children can be dumb and rebellious. Yes, discipline is needed. If anyone thinks this is appropriate discipline for a child though, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a place of education.

I don't think anyone has said that what the cop did was justified.

I think most gravitate towards the girls behavior because it's so obvious that the cops methods were wrong.

The cops behavior should not negate the girls behavior though. She is obviously a disruptive presence in the classroom. She needed to be removed.

She did flail her arm after he initiated contact. What terrifies me about our society is that for many this seems to be enough justification for a grown man to smash a 16 year old girl into the floor.

Again, I'm not aware of anyone justifying what the moron of a cop did.

• Like 1

Again, I'm not aware of anyone justifying what the moron of a cop did.

I have had the unfortunate opportunity to speak with LOTS of folks here at work and especially on facebook who have completely jumped on that as justification for the officers actions.

I have had the unfortunate opportunity to speak with LOTS of folks here at work and especially on facebook who have completely jumped on that as justification for the officers actions.

That IS sad.

I would agree that her actions brought out the cops actions. But his actions were wrong.

On the other side, I have talked with many people who defended the girl. The cops bad choices should not negate the girls actions. She is a piece of crap and should not be allowed to be in that class.

• Like 2

The student put on a show. She told her friends to get their phones out to film her disruption. When I was in school she would have gotten wood across that big **** of hers. Maybe they should not have used the resource officer, but maybe called her parents and told them to come get their little thug or they are going to jail. This little witch needs to learn to respect authority and her fellow students or jail is going to be her way of life. This thug pandering and ghetto worshipping needs to stop. Behavior matters.

Behaviour does indeed matter.

"big **** of hers"

"little thug"

"little witch"

"jail is going to be her way of life"

"ghetto worshipping"

To be honest I'm a whole lot more concerned about your attitude than the girls...

• Like 4

This seems to be a topic with hot-button potential.... As such, I'm going to throw a friendly reminder out here right now.

Debate and discuss nicely folks. Keep it within the site rules please.

Thank you :tu:

• Like 3

Behaviour does indeed matter.

"big **** of hers"

"little thug"

"little witch"

"jail is going to be her way of life"

"ghetto worshipping"

To be honest I'm a whole lot more concerned about your attitude than the girls...

I think this is where the term "soft racism" comes in . I have seen it come through the comments here as well as with many of my friends and family. Of course every single one of them will scream in all caps that theyre not racist ..............

• Like 2

I am in no way defending her. AT ALL. She should have been removed , not smashed. That officer was plenty strong to pick her up desk and all (i remember seeing this happen when I was a kid in school) and carry her from the room.

Right! A flailing teen in a tantrum can just be carried off. :no:

• Like 3

When you can squat 600lbs and bench 500lbs that kind of strength is foreign to most people. Having once been a powerlifter with numbers close to that I can tell you the that man was plenty strong to pick her up , flailing attempts and all, and remove her from the room violence free.

• Like 2

I think this is where the term "soft racism" comes in . I have seen it come through the comments here as well as with many of my friends and family. Of course every single one of them will scream in all caps that theyre not racist ..............

To be fair, race does play a part in some of this. Black children are often brought up to defy authority. Many black children learn from their parents to use their color in a way to defy authority. I don't know that it was the case here.

• Like 2

you obviously have not read all the posts. someone suggested obeying the teacher is a form of slavery. and went on to say who cares if the kid won't put up the phone. dumb and rebellious is one thing, but this was beyond civilized. the cop should not have been called. but this kid does not belong in a classroom with kids who just might want to learn something. Black kids in this country are being lied to. this girl will end up in prison if she keeps it up. I would like to say this is a great wake up call, but she is embolden by irresponsible people who make excuses for her behavior and make the issue about a cop who has apparently the respect of most of these kids.

• Like 1

you obviously have not read all the posts. someone suggested obeying the teacher is a form of slavery. and went on to say who cares if the kid won't put up the phone. dumb and rebellious is one thing, but this was beyond civilized. the cop should not have been called. but this kid does not belong in a classroom with kids who just might want to learn something. Black kids in this country are being lied to. this girl will end up in prison if she keeps it up. I would like to say this is a great wake up call, but she is embolden by irresponsible people who make excuses for her behavior and make the issue about a cop who has apparently the respect of most of these kids.

It is frustrating. The issue we should all be talking about is the fact that we in America have created an environment where police officers feel like this kind of behavior is acceptable. THAT is the one verifiable discussion point, the rest is just conjecture and distraction.

• Like 2

Dont really have much sympathy on the kid, if they had to bring in a officer to remove her then she probably was not being the most respectful person :innocent:

But with that being said, the officer was way out of line. Should of been handled way better

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

It is frustrating. The issue we should all be talking about is the fact that we in America have created an environment where police officers feel like this kind of behavior is acceptable. THAT is the one verifiable discussion point, the rest is just conjecture and distraction.

I am more concerned that this child and apparently her supporters find her behavior acceptable. If people would behave we would not need any cops. this teenager is not learning the right lesson here. I think she struck that officer and should be charged with a crime for both disrupting the peace of that class and for assaulting the officer. but we will continue down the road of turning heros into villians and villians into hero's, we are a ghetto thug worshipping nation. crime is now a method of self expression I guess.

we should be telling these young people how to succeed. they already got failing down real well.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

I am more concerned that this child and apparently her supporters find her behavior acceptable. If people would behave we would not need any cops. this teenager is not learning the right lesson here. I think she struck that officer and should be charged with a crime for both disrupting the peace of that class and for assaulting the officer. but we will continue down the road of turning heros into villians and villians into hero's, we are a ghetto thug worshipping nation. crime is now a method of self expression I guess.

we should be telling these young people how to succeed. they already got failing down real well.

A ghetto thug worshipping nation .......see my above post about soft racism.

She probably should be charged with a crime of some sort, certainly not assaulting an officer.

As i said in a previous post, all of this is superfluous. We have a HUGE problem with the police in america violating the constitution, assaulting citizens, murdering citizens and getting away with it. This isnt about "turning heroes into villains" this is about Americans being forced to live in a police state.

The girl is certainly no hero but she is a victim.

She didn't look like a "flailing teen in a tantrum" in the video. The only time she looked like she was flailing was as she was being pulled backwards with the desk. Pretty sure I'd be flailing too as I was tipped upside down...

You're a martial arts instructor right? Don't you perhaps think there were many ways she could have been removed without the aggression?

• Like 1