Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian passenger plane crash

bmk1245

Since the authorities have recovered the 2 "black-boxes", I hope that analysis will shed light on to what happened.

• Like 1

Latest Update: Egypt's President says ISIS did not shoot the plane down:

It is irrelevant what one individual, even if it is a president, say about the cause or the non-course of an airliner

crash just right within 24hrs after the incident. The cause of the event will be investigated by a professional

board during the next weeks/month. All whats written in the media until the results are published is just tea

leaf reading.

And, the hidden "experts" are present again and talking nonsense:

"Experts have affirmed that technically planes at this altitude cannot be shot down, and the black

box will be the one that will reveal the reasons for the crash," Mr Ismail was quoted by state news

agency MENA as saying.

Edited by toast

It is irrelevant what one individual, even if it is a president, say about the cause or the non-course of an airliner

crash just right within 24hrs after the incident. The cause of the event will be investigated by a professional

board during the next weeks/month. All whats written in the media until the results are published is just tea

leaf reading.

And, the hidden "experts" are present again and talking nonsense:

Don't 'shoot the messenger' please.

All I know is that one simply 'cannot win' whether a 'source' is provided or not...and this day, I have proven that to myself.

Edited by The Necromancer

If ISIS did this they have woken the Russian Bear.

The Aviation Herald wrote:

Immediate reactions:

Lufthansa and Air France announced they are going to avoid overflying the Sinai until the cause of the crash has been determined.

There have been warnings issued by the FAA to American Operators as well as by Germany to German airlines to operate above

FL260 while flying over the Sinai.

On Oct 31st 2015 around 19:00Z Eurocontrol's Air Flow Traffic Management (CFMU) issued following statement by NMOC Brussels:

"Attention to Aircraft Operators: The point PASOS in LCCC (Cyprus) FIR is not available for flight planning. FPLs filed via this point will

be rejected by IFPS. Please re-file via points: LAKTO or RASDA." LAKTO's position is N32.633333 E32.083333 on airway J863 to Port

Said, RASDA's position is N33.100000 E30.950000 on airway A16 to BALTIM, both routes west of Sinai avoiding the Sinai. Following

the release of the statement movements along airway UL550 ceased.

Latest -

Teams investigating the fate of a Russian airliner which crashed in Egypt's Sinai peninsula on Saturday killing all 224 on board have widened their search for bodies and debris.

So far 163 bodies have been found but the search area was extended to 15km (9 miles) after some were located away from the main wreck of the Airbus 321.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-34691763

• Like 1

We need to keep in mind that ISIS just loves slaughtering the innocent. So of course they'd take credit for something like this, even if they had nothing to do with it.

Edited by Lilly
spelling
  • Like 4

Have just read in the media here that Russian authorities grounded the remaining four A321-200

out of the JSC Kogalymavia fleet with immediate effect.

Hmm.

Have just read in the media here that Russian authorities grounded the remaining four A321-200

out of the JSC Kogalymavia fleet with immediate effect.

Hmm.

Also -

Three airlines - Emirates, Air France-KLM and Lufthansa - have decided not to fly over the Sinai Peninsula until more information is available. Two smaller carriers, flydubai and Air Arabia, also said they would re-route flights.

British Airways and easyJet said they regularly assess the routes they fly. BA said it would not confirm flight routes, but that it "would never fly a route unless it was safe to do so".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-34694057

• Like 2

Latest is that authorities are saying the plane broke up at high altitude, that's why the wreckage is so spread apart. There are a couple different ways a plane can break up in flight, including a bomb.

Flight data recorders have been recovered but not yet analyzed.

http://finance.yahoo...-072526807.html

Terror group releases chilling video as experts say jet did NOT lodge SOS call or have 'any faults' that would have caused crash

http://www.dailymail...nai-desert.html

• Like 2

Jets don't just break apart in mid-air. I suspect teh worst in this case but who knows if the Russians will ever tell the truth.

• Like 2

Jets don't just break apart in mid-air. I suspect teh worst in this case but who knows if the Russians will ever tell the truth.

I think it will depend on what the truth is. They have not been shy about smacking America around verbally lately.

• Like 1

I've just read it broke up in mid air, they even found the body of a child 5 miles away from the main crash area. They still don't think ISIS shot it down but they haven't ruled out a bomb, which ISIS sympathizers in Egypt could have planted. Planes just don't break up like that.

Doubt we will ever know the whole truth. If its only the Russian that find proof of a bomb I have doubts they are going to admit it because they don't want bad publicity back home for their bombing campaign in Syria.

• Like 1

I think it will depend on what the truth is. They have not been shy about smacking America around verbally lately.

To go from thinking the jet was blown up to - the jet was blown up by the US - is a very large leap. As aggressive as Putin is, he isn't crazy. He isn't going to stir his public that way then be blamed by them for not answering such an act by a country most do not trust or like.
  • Like 2

To go from thinking the jet was blown up to - the jet was blown up by the US - is a very large leap. As aggressive as Putin is, he isn't crazy. He isn't going to stir his public that way then be blamed by them for not answering such an act by a country most do not trust or like.

The pieces are falling into place for a huge showdown. Putin has already said they believe the US is arming and protecting ISIS. The Russian Government also wasn't shy about blaming US proxies for the airliner in the Ukraine.

• Like 1

I never got that from that question but to think the US blew up that jet is stupid. I took it to mean we won't know if ISIS did it because of the problems it will cause back home in Russia.

The pieces are falling into place for a huge showdown. Putin has already said they believe the US is arming and protecting ISIS. The Russian Government also wasn't shy about blaming US proxies for the airliner in the Ukraine.

Right now we are in a propaganda war. Lets hope it doesn't go any further than that.
  • Like 1

I heard the same thing on the news this morning. They think something hit it on the outside but I think they said that is coming from the company. Other sources say it was not hit from the outside. I'm still wondering if it was a bomb planted on the plane.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/02/us-egypt-crash-boxes-idUSKCN0SR13D20151102

I heard the same thing on the news this morning. They think something hit it on the outside but I think they said that is coming from the company. Other sources say it was not hit from the outside. I'm still wondering if it was a bomb planted on the plane.

http://www.reuters.c...N0SR13D20151102

There are pictures of the wings with what looks like shrapnel type damage? Starboard wing - Showing evidence of puncture marks?

The ISIS video which shows the plane being shot down, As that footage been discredited yet?

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

There are pictures of the wings with what looks like shrapnel type damage? Starboard wing - Showing evidence of puncture marks?

2DFCDA2C00000578-3297871-image-m-9_1446321325136.jpg

That does look like something hit it.

I don't know if this is true or has any bearing on this crash but people commenting on this article are saying this plane hit its tail on the runway about 10 years or so ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/first-bodies-russian-victims-egypt-crash-brought-home-062834776.html#

• Like 1

The ISIS video which shows the plane being shot down, As that footage been discredited yet?

It has been claimed to be fake but i have seen no technical analysis of it to call it officially debunked.

• Like 1

When aircraft break up mid-air, there are any number of things indigenous to said aircraft which could cause puncture marks like that.

There's no reason to assume anything more sinister than some kind of mechanical failure.

We're talking about thousands of pieces of metal bolted together flying close to the speed of sound.

• Like 3

When aircraft break up mid-air, there are any number of things indigenous to said aircraft which could cause puncture marks like that.

There's no reason to assume anything more sinister than some kind of mechanical failure.

We're talking about thousands of pieces of metal bolted together flying close to the speed of sound.

Statistically speaking ANYTIME an aircraft breaks up while at cruising altitude there is reason to assume something sinister.

• Like 1