Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man meets his doppelganger on flight

Auntyseptic

They are not totally identical, I think the beard made them more identical than they really are, but yet again it is funny that they have the same style despite looking so similar :tu: (and if true that they even visit the same places ;)

Edited by hellwyr
  • Like 5

They look enough alike if you didn't know them well you would get them confused.

• Like 8

The pair were later to encounter a further coincidence when they checked into the same hotel in Galway before bumping into each other in a pub.

Now that's very strange...the whole story is very strange...

I'm filing this one under 'plausible'.

Edited by The Necromancer
  • Like 1

They look more alike in the top photo I think, the next one down not as much. Still pretty good though.

• Like 9

There are at least for people living near me who look similar enough to me to confuse my parents and their friends. Yet I have never met them myself.

• Like 7

A few years ago when I worked in a shop people would come in and ask me if I still worked at a nightclub that I had never even set foot in, Let alone worked at.

Couple of people have asked me if I have a sister who works at a local restaurant, which I don't.

• Like 3

I saw my double on the interenet, unfortunately she wasn't wearing any cloths. Hope no one I know ever sees her they will think its me.

I had a guy once swear up and down I worked at the playboy club in Chicago. Never been in one. Mabye it was miss show my buns to everyone for attention.

• Like 4

There are at least for people living near me who look similar enough to me to confuse my parents and their friends. Yet I have never met them myself.

When I was younger I was confused with other people a lot there were at least 5 others who apperently looked like me, I met one of them but in my opinion he didnt look like me at all!, But funny how it stopped when I got older :)

• Like 3

Its kept up since I still live in the same area.

The really weird thing to me, is his friends who stopped me looked a lot like friends of mine. Was a weird moment when we realized we didn't know each other.

• Like 4

Around 5 years back, there was a guy who was named John. He worked at the main railway station here in Edinburgh. Now, I never met him at all, but was assured by multiple witnesses that we both looked alike. To the point were several times I got off with paying for my own rail fare by Scotrail staff. Which was nice...

Other times included when I had to go with a customer to the station, and getting accosted by passengers who insisted they had dealt with me, and on one occasion having the son-in-law of my mum's friend insist that I had been the guy who told him off for illegal parking.

So let's be fair, people do have a doppelganger out there. May not in the sense of the paranormal, but out there is your double. Interesting thought, is it not?

• Like 4

leo2.jpg

~

Guess which one is Konrad Annerud ?

:o

• Like 2

In college, happen to me a couple of time, 2 guys and a girl sat at my table and told me how fun the party was this weekend.

i was like "... what? who are you?"

Top photo had me going WOW! Second photo had me going meh!

Never met my doppleganger nor have I been mistaken for someone else.

• Like 2

Crazy cool.

Someone once told me they saw me walking down there street... when I wasn't walking that day. I always wondered about that.

• Like 2

Twice in my life I've been surely mistaken for another. Once years back probably right out of high school and once this year.

The first time as a cashier in the grocery store a lady came through my line who couldn't have been happier to see me. I had a name tag in plain sight and there was no mistaking that she had seen it. Right off the bat it was all hey how are you, so nice too see you. She came off so absolute that I felt it rude to ask who the heck she was. She tells me she just moved out this way. Where I worked was a few miles and a couple of boroughs away from where I lived and went to school. Tells me how nice the new house is and that I'd have to stop by, check it out and hang out with her kids whom she was sure that I knew. I coasted through the conversation with head nods, oh yeas? and smiles. I even agreed to stop over sometime. She gave me no phone number, no address, no name because of course why wouldn't I already know that info? I have no idea who this lady was. I was apprehensive about seeing her again. Thought maybe she'd be a regular and seek out my line and engage me in more awkward talk. The strangest part is that I never seen her again and I worked the for some time.

More recently, upon exiting a gas station convenient store going about my own business this guy, probably close to my own age, on his way into the store says hey and calls me by my first name. I stopped and said hey and had no idea who he was so I gave him the old sorry man but you are? This guy who proceeds to tell me he's so-and-so's husband. Apparently I'm a friend of his wife who I didn't know. This guy was stumped. He tells me we just hung out two weeks ago at his house with some mutual friends he ratted off whom I did not know. I thought the encounter was strange but this dude's mind was blown. I'm face to face with this guy and he could not believe I wasn't who he thought with the same exact name. He even said we sounded the same.

So upon reading this thread and deciding I wanted to share these two stories something occurred to me that never has before. Both times I was mistaken for somebody else with the same name. The second time was fifteen or more years later and not in the same area but not very far from it. I wonder if both people mistook me for the same guy? Never thought of that before.

Now, who is the other me out there and what's his life like?

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

All gingers look the same to me..... :whistle: :whistle:

• Like 1

There are several stories from reputable sources of twins separated at birth, who were adopted into different parts of the country, who ended up looking and acting almost exactly the same, and running into each other. Then later finding out they WERE related.

I wonder if either of these guys is adopted?

• Like 2

They look more alike in the top photo I think, the next one down not as much. Still pretty good though.

could be the camera angle/the other guy on his feet to make himself look taller.

• Like 1