Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The afterlife experiments

Bogeyman

Has anyone read this book ? If so any opinions.

Is it available as a freebie download anywhere.

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• Fluffybunny

• RelicHunter

• d3v

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I haven't but it sounds interesting...can you tell us more about it?

No, I haven't but it sounds interesting...can you tell us more about it?

395715[/snapback]

From the authors website

THE AFTERLIFE EXPERIMENTS

This riveting narrative, with its electrifying transcripts, puts the reader on the scene of a breakthrough scientific achievement: contact with the beyond under controlled laboratory conditions. In stringently monitored experiments, leading mediums attempted to contact dead friends and relatives of "sitters" who were masked from view and never spoke, depriving the mediums of any cues. The messages that came through stunned sitters and researchers alike.

Here, as they unfolded in the laboratory setting, are uncanny revelations about a son's suicide, what a deceased father wanted to say about his last days in a coma, the transformation of a man's lifelong doubts about the afterlife, and, most amazing of all, a forecast of a beloved spouse's death. Dr. Schwartz was forced by the overwhelmingly positive data to abandon his skepticism, reaching some startling conclusions.

Compelling from the first page to the last, THE AFTERLIFE EXPERIMENTS is the amazing documentation of groundbreaking experiments you will never forget.

*** RECOMMENDED READING:***

How NOT to Review Mediumship Research - Response to Skeptics

Do you have a link to the download by chance?

After reading through the material, I find it very interesting and well put together...

There are a couple of things that I noticed though that concern me; in each of the experiments they assume that fraud and mere chance is being ruled out because of the format of the questioning...I don't see it that way though.

One of the things that I learned from the magic tricks that I studied is that very often the way a trick is pulled off is so incredibly simple it is overlooked by the viewer who is busy thinking of far more intricate ways to do the trick...

They assumed that because the reader was no allowed to ask any questions in the first ten minutes, and only yes/no questions beyond that point that there would be no way for "cold reading" to be a factor.

What about going further back? what about the "pre-reading questionaires" that the sitter had to do? Who had access to them? Could that info had been leaked somehow? One of the readers was John Edwards; as it is a common name I am not sure if it is the same one with the TV show, but my guess is that it is him. I do not know if the rumors about his use of creative editing and pre-program audience research are true or not, but I do have concerns about the validity of the material that comes from him.

How accurately edited is the material that we are seeing? Are readings that did not go well edited out of the website content? How do we know what the actual questions and responses were at the time versus what we are reading on the site? editing can do wonders for an accuracy rate of a phychic...

I don't know what happens when we die, no one does, and anyone who tells you that they do know what happens is more than likely selling something...

It was an interesting read though, thanks for posting it.

No problem

I'm the same as you when it comes to "TV Mediums" but i've been shot down on other forums for raising concerns....a lot of people will believe absolutely anything these guys do.

In fairness though i have been pointed in directions of their work which seems to point to their authenticity so i dont know.This particular book or experiments seems to have the credibility factor though...from what i can glean off other people.This is why i want to get hold of the book and read it.............The big big problem with this subject is that it appeals to our most basic need,to know that we are not just zapped into nothingness ,and that we'll see our deceased relatives again.

This leaves the door open for all kinds of tricksters to play on and make money from those whose need is greatest....but then on the other hand when and if genuine work is done which could prove the existence or not of an afterlife it's lumped in with all the stuff thats been shown to be dodgy........we're in danger of closing our minds to it.The people that have recommended this book to me say the science is solid ...so i'll give it a go.

I want to read it too(for free) lol! But it does seem interesting but I hope I'll read it soon.