Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU Migrant Crisis Updates

Dark_Grey

Neither - just being observant from halfway across the world.

The sources I find are *gasp!* German!

But I digress - you must right about all this since Merkel's popularity has simply skyrocketed. Guess I was wrong all along!

You've been servant from halfway across the world. To the structures you may invite to your own house, but not to mine.

I'm not afraid of people asking for help. I'm worried with people who are parroting propaganda, without even knowing or caring whose goals that propaganda was designed to serve.

You are true danger to me, not people who happen to be even poorer than me.

• Like 2

i have been here about two weeks now ( Germany ) and i met a few refugees specially in train stations many of them are scared and depressed and tired and want to go home but most of them are being pushed around ... People, THE GERMAN PEOPLE are so so very helpful so far i have not seen anything negative .You see people giving out food or clothes and Blankets . People discuss the issue but they do as much as they can . i dont see mass protests ( as stated before maybe in east germany ) . People donate a lot and i see refugees on the street at times and people help . i know germans are a bit hard but at the end they do show heart . There are several closed Army Bases that could house refugees but it is not happening and people signing petitions to address Base Commanders to give housing to these people . Generally , Germany is pretty calm . :)

• Like 3

i have been here about two weeks now ( Germany ) and i met a few refugees specially in train stations many of them are scared and depressed and tired and want to go home but most of them are being pushed around ... People, THE GERMAN PEOPLE are so so very helpful so far i have not seen anything negative .You see people giving out food or clothes and Blankets . People discuss the issue but they do as much as they can . i dont see mass protests ( as stated before maybe in east germany ) . People donate a lot and i see refugees on the street at times and people help . i know germans are a bit hard but at the end they do show heart . There are several closed Army Bases that could house refugees but it is not happening and people signing petitions to address Base Commanders to give housing to these people . Generally , Germany is pretty calm . :)

Refugee crisis: Nearly half of Germans say Angela Merkel's 'welcome' policy is wrong

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nearly-half-of-germans-say-angela-merkels-refugee-policy-is-wrong-a6689966.html

• Like 2

Refugee crisis: Nearly half of Germans say Angela Merkel's 'welcome' policy is wrong

http://www.independe...g-a6689966.html

that might be the case about Merkel , we all know this but the people here are very helpful none the less . i was really positively surprised about the german people . i am sure not all feel that compassionate about the whole deal but from what i saw they dont leave it out on the immigrants for the biggest part ...

• Like 2

that might be the case about Merkel , we all know this but the people here are very helpful none the less . i was really positively surprised about the german people . i am sure not all feel that compassionate about the whole deal but from what i saw they dont leave it out on the immigrants for the biggest part ...

Did you get to see any of the camps while you were there Ya amar ?
  • Like 1

Did you get to see any of the camps while you were there Ya amar ?

mostly people are being put in housing type places ( projects ) , i have been to Giessen in Hessen they put some in old army Barracks there but you wont be able to get close to it the military is guarding there . This weekend i will be again in Hamburg, they have a huge camp there . i will take a look . Frankfurt has been doing a great job finding them places to live , the state of Hessen in general has been doing a awesome Job . You still see many of them on the streets and specially in train stations . i think the most camps are down close to munich and east germany . Riding on the train you see some small camps here and there . i have met some iraqi's and syrians and their stories are touching , but many germans go out of their ways helping them getting to their destinations . i was mistaken for a refugee due to my large luggage :whistle: and i did not experience hate from anyone ...

• Like 2

mostly people are being put in housing type places ( projects ) , i have been to Giessen in Hessen they put some in old army Barracks there but you wont be able to get close to it the military is guarding there . This weekend i will be again in Hamburg, they have a huge camp there . i will take a look . Frankfurt has been doing a great job finding them places to live , the state of Hessen in general has been doing a awesome Job . You still see many of them on the streets and specially in train stations . i think the most camps are down close to munich and east germany . Riding on the train you see some small camps here and there . i have met some iraqi's and syrians and their stories are touching , but many germans go out of their ways helping them getting to their destinations . i was mistaken for a refugee due to my large luggage :whistle: and i did not experience hate from anyone ...

Ooop's I was mistaken - I didn't realize that you are still there. Are you there to help ?

Ooop's I was mistaken - I didn't realize that you are still there. Are you there to help ?

i payed my Zakat , donated to the German Tafel and bought toys ...is all i can do in such short time .

• Like 1

I think Steve is just being cautious Ya amar - remember this is the internet - unfortunately people can tell as much bs as they want to.

If you are able to take some pics while you are actually there - it would be cool if you could share them.

That's only if you want to of course.

• Like 1

I think Steve is just being cautious Ya amar - remember this is the internet - unfortunately people can tell as much bs as they want to.

If you are able to take some pics while you are actually there - it would be cool if you could share them.

That's only if you want to of course.

i do understand people are being cautious i have no problem with that but i am not a liar and i proved myself more than once now . from experience here, pictures proof nothing and ppl are being accused of faking them ...

i payed my Zakat , donated to the German Tafel and bought toys ...is all i can do in such short time .

That's good that you are able to help in these trying times.

Eventually after Syria is cleansed of these evil fanatics - I wonder if many of the refugees will return back home - after new towns / housing are possibly -

re-established.

It would certainly help take the strain off Germany and most of Europe.

I guess only time will tell.

• Like 1

i do understand people are being cautious i have no problem with that but i am not a liar and i proved myself more than once now . from experience here, pictures proof nothing and ppl are being accused of faking them ...

Sure - and that is your choice if you want to share anything or not. I guess it would be cool though - for somebody who is 'hands on' and seeing first hand how things are - could possibly share (if you choose to) one or two pics for other UM members who are concerned and interested in what's happening in Germany.

Anyway - no big deal.

• Like 2

Every day brings something worth to laugh:

At a meeting with the Nordic Council in Reykjavik, Iceland, on October 27, Sweden's Prime Minister, Stefan Löfven, was questioned by his Nordic colleagues about the situation in Sweden. Löfven had recently said that, "We should have the option of relocating people applying for asylum in Sweden to other EU-countries. Our ability, too, has a limit. We are facing a paradigm shift." That comment led a representative of Finland's Finns Party (Sannfinländarna) to wonder, with a hint of irony, how mass immigration to Sweden, which for years Swedish politicians have touted as being so profitable, has now suddenly become a burden.

(link)

Wait... What? And that was said by the same Löfven, Swedish Merkel?!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And here we go again: now Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven makes another bold statement about Swedes being naïve (gosh, this guy definitely had severe head trauma in childhood)...

No wonder, popularity of Social Democrats is sliding down (21.4%), while their opponents (Sweden Democrats) gaining more support (26.7%)...

I would say to them, leave your damned religious morals behind and adapt to Europe... to us... No allah akbar or whatever this scum is saying!

Take in kids and women, and deport young males back to M.E. ASAP! FIGHT FOR YOUR LAND dont invade ours...

Most of users here are from UK and US, and i can tell ya this people are anything but poor migrants, they are a ticking time bomb waiting for that " you all need to go back " signal...

See Paris, perhaps one of earliest migrants that have arrived there, while people, their people, were here in Europe for decades stockpiling weapons, making contacts, preparing for this SHTF situtation, and this is only a tip of an iceberg...You think women can't press the trigger? Think again... the ISIS grip is quite firm on some of this people...

This is downfall of Europe as we knew it... It is gone...

Here i will leave you with this... which is real.. i know it from first hand..

P.s. Not sure how to make it directly here, so you can just press play!

Edited by SurgeTechnologies

Migrant ran people smuggling ring from UK hostel: Asylum seeker made £7m... now he wants legal aid for fight to stay here

The mastermind of one of Europe's largest people-smuggling operations is an asylum seeker who lived in a Liverpool hostel, a court was told.

Jamal Owda, 26, helped tens of thousands of Syrians enter the continent via Greece.

The trafficking ring then arranged for the desperate migrants to travel via the Balkans to other EU states, including Britain, France and Germany. Police found evidence the operation made profits of at least £7 million.

(link)

I hope he will get 20 years behind the bars in Greece, and then sent wherever he came from.

• Like 1

EU ministers eye temporary Schengen suspension

EU ministers will on Friday discuss suspending the Schengen passport-free travel zone for two years, on the basis that the migrant crisis has exposed “serious deficiencies” at the Greek border that endanger the overall area.

This resort to the most drastic emergency measure available in Schengen’s rule book underlines how the 20 year-old integration project has been gravely threatened by the political pressures of at least 1.2m irregular migrants entering the bloc this year.

arrow3.gifRead more

Will two years be enough? I have sneaking suspicion, thats the end of Shengen...

• 2 weeks later...

Heh...

Even the asylum seekers are complaining. On a Swedish public television program, Uppdrag Granskning, aired on December 2, Salwa, a mother of young children, told the reporter how she is forced to live in an asylum house along with men she called "bad people." When the reporter explained to Salwa that 10,000 new asylum seekers arrive every week, and this was why everything was topsy-turvy, she replied: "Then close the borders. Stop taking in more people. If you have ten guests in your house and there is not enough room, would you still take in ten more?"

arrow3.gifRead more

(bolding mine)

Heck, Salwa has more gray matter than whole bunch of Löfven/Merkel likes...

But, on the other hand... One question arises: was she 11th guest, or 10th?

Edit to add: I still can't understand policy of placing "wolfs and sheep" in one "cage".

Edited by bmk1245

Ok man. Enough with the racism. Exposing the human trafficking, assaults, robberies, complaints, greed and elitist attitude of some of these North African Syrian migrants is fear mongering and has nothing to do with reality. Now shut up and accept another 10,000.

Bigot.

• Like 1

Ok man. Enough with the racism. Exposing the human trafficking, assaults, robberies, complaints, greed and elitist attitude of some of these North African Syrian migrants is fear mongering and has nothing to do with reality. Now shut up and accept another 10,000.

Bigot.

10,000?

But there are millions fleeing their homes, are you ready to let them all die because you like to have privacy when you go to e loo?

• Like 1

10,000?

But there are millions fleeing their homes, are you ready to let them all die because you like to have privacy when you go to e loo?

They aren't going to die. They're at least middle class for the most part, since the money for smugglers and passports is hard to come by for most Syrians. That's why we see the brand name clothes and fat watches coming over the border - these are the people that can actually afford to leave. As for the real impoverished, homeless Syrians, they're piled in tents in neighboring countries. If any one is surprised at the high expectations that seem to be coming from the refugee camps, remember they are used to a certain quality of life. Safety and amnesty aren't suede enough.

• Like 3

Meanwhile, Germans are giving the lie to their leader's welcome of such vast numbers of "peaceful" new refugees.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7088/germany-weapons

I wish them the best. I fully understand what it's like to have a government that seems to live in a fantasy land. One thing is pretty clear, if anyone gets shot during a robbery or attempted rape, it ISN'T about racism...it's about self defense!

• Like 2

For you it's already over and Germany is already in tatters.

give it time, Germany by 2020 will boast the biggest Moslem population in Europe. - add to the fact that by 2020 Turkey could very well be a EU member, giving rise to the free movement of 78 Million Moslems to Europe. notwithstanding that Turkey will become a gate way for many more from the middle east - What could possibly go wrong?

in related news:

German police is looking for two Islamists from Dinslaken in Northrhine-Westfalia, who are suspected of having been involved in the Paris attacks. Both of them have been to Syria and returned to Germany. One of them, a Hüssein D., has been a close associated of the French attacker Abdelhamid Abaaoud, and has for some time lived in the same house as him. A picture from Syria shows him and Abaaoud embracing each other.

But by now German police suspects that both have fled to Turkey. Both are banned from re-entering the EU.

Source: Spiegel print edition No.51, 12.12.2015

• Like 1