Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU Migrant Crisis Updates

Dark_Grey

It's all going to kick off in Europe, civil unrest is brewing and it's all going to explode. These "refugees" are welfare chasing at all costs and the lefty EU government is trying to force integration. It can't possibly end well.

Most of them aren't from Syria or countries which are even at war. Here in the UK they picked up 3 guys trying to sneak in carrying US passports ffs!. Their excuse was they were trying to claim asylum from America. Obviously they were sent packing...

Edited by Finity
  • Like 3

I don't know how he figured that out ---

If the West, Turkey and Saudi Arabia etc hadn't interfered in Syria by arming and supporting insurgents and terrorist groups there wouldn't be a migrant crisis and it would have all been sorted out years ago -

and if Merkel hadn't unilaterally declared an open invitation that any Syrian who could get to Germany would get German citizenship and therefore European citizenship - there wouldn't be a migrant crisis -- not one of this magnitude anyway -

Breedlove seems to be breeding hate and telling fibs IMO ---

Possibly, but to me the article isn't suggesting Russia instigated the situation, more that they're jumping on the chance to further the problems in Europe. That is definitely something I wouldn't put past Putin.

• Like 1

Possibly, but to me the article isn't suggesting Russia instigated the situation, more that they're jumping on the chance to further the problems in Europe. That is definitely something I wouldn't put past Putin.

seriously --- ?

you think that this comment by Breedlove has some merit..?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-35706238

Russia and Syria's leader Bashar al-Assad, Gen Breedlove said, were "deliberately weaponising migration in an attempt to overwhelm European structures and break European resolve"

He cited the use of barrel bombs - unguided weapons - against civilians in Syria. The only purpose of these indiscriminate attacks was to terrorise Syrian citizens and "get them on the road" to create problems for other countries, Gen Breedlove said.

so he is claiming that Russia is deliberately targeting civilians to 'get them on the road'...

I find this comment ridiculous and mischievous - - and the opposite of what Russia is doing and typical of the childish and insincere attitude that the West adopts towards what Russia is doing in Syria --- If Russia working with the Syrian Army can restore peace of a kind to the country - by getting rid of ISIS and other terrorist groups then they are helping to relieve the migrant crisis and many Syrians could return home... if Russia hadn't pulled the breaks on the Islamic State and other Islamist groups there would be millions more refugees and migrants.!! as the country completely fell apart into chaos -

IMO if anyone is weaponizing migration it is Turkey who must have made so much money out of the exodus - and probably think millions more muslims in Europe is a good thing -

This is what the Russian Prime Minister said in February this year ---

http://news.yahoo.co...-223231478.html

Berlin (AFP) - Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has condemned German Chancellor Angela Merkel's liberal policy on migrants as "quite simply stupid", in an interview due to appear this weekend.

"It's quite simply stupid to open Europe's doors wide and invite in everyone who wants to come to your country," Medvedev said in an interview with the economic daily Handelsblatt.

and he's right --

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Frau Merkel Said "all Welcome" and they came. Over a Million. - People sad it was utter madness, But these people where the Racist xenophobes etc.. Now gates are slamming shut all over Europe and now we have the European Council President Donald Tusk: DONT COME TO EUROPE. "all are not Welcome" Merkel has gone quiet. must be locked in the bunker or the nut house. The European Union as brought absolute misery to the millions, a disastrous Eurozone economy, yet again falling back into negative territory, (worth keeping a eye on Italy) brought war to the borders of Europe with expansion into Ukraine, tried to play the big boy politics, the mighty powerful EU with no clout, placed sanctions on Russia, that worked, NOT. and then we have this migrant crisis which is threatening to kill off the EU, and what is the plan by the EU to solve it? allow Turkey to join the EU so not only will the EU be faced with 75 million Moslem hordes with the free rein to live, work, and collect benefits and a council house within the EU, but worse still the EU's new frontier, their new border will be firmly placed in the Asia-minor region. bordering Iraq, Syria, Iran, Armenia and Georgia. Its absolutely bonkers.

And people worry about the UK leaving the EU, i'd be more worried about if we stayed in.

• Like 3

[...] brought war to the borders of Europe with expansion into Ukraine, tried to play the big boy politics, the mighty powerful EU with no clout, placed sanctions on Russia, that worked, NOT. [...]

Rrright, as if Putler wasn't meddling in Ukrainian affairs... And yeah, sanctions are doing their part. Let that botox opportunist midget do what he wants, and you'll have Russkies on your shores. Haven't you learned from 1930's?
  • Like 1

seriously --- ?

you think that this comment by Breedlove has some merit..?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-35706238

so he is claiming that Russia is deliberately targeting civilians to 'get them on the road'...

I find this comment ridiculous and mischievous - - and the opposite of what Russia is doing and typical of the childish and insincere attitude that the West adopts towards what Russia is doing in Syria --- If Russia working with the Syrian Army can restore peace of a kind to the country - by getting rid of ISIS and other terrorist groups then they are helping to relieve the migrant crisis and many Syrians could return home... if Russia hadn't pulled the breaks on the Islamic State and other Islamist groups there would be millions more refugees and migrants.!! as the country completely fell apart into chaos -

IMO if anyone is weaponizing migration it is Turkey who must have made so much money out of the exodus - and probably think millions more muslims in Europe is a good thing -

This is what the Russian Prime Minister said in February this year ---

http://news.yahoo.co...-223231478.html

and he's right --

I don't know Bee, that's why I haven't commited either way. My best guess though would be that the truth lies somewhere inbetween.

A US General pushing anti-Russian sentiment isn't exactly a surprise. Seeing Russia solely as terrorist fighting, peacemakers though is unrealistic, to say the least. Russia, as has been proven time and again, has and will use underhand methods to further its own interests. Maybe that is true of any nation, but Russia is notorious for it.

Whether talking historically about what Stalin did to Europe after WWII, Putin's "is it or isn't it" invasion of Ukraine, the Alexander Litvinenko case, or even something such as state-sponsored doping in athletics, I wouldn't put anything beyond Russian leadership, if it serves Russian interests, and that includes putting further pressure on European borders with the odd strategically misplaced bomb.

Edited by LV-426

I don't know Bee, that's why I haven't commited either way. My best guess though would be that the truth lies somewhere inbetween.

A US General pushing anti-Russian sentiment isn't exactly a surprise. Seeing Russia solely as terrorist fighting, peacemakers though is unrealistic, to say the least. Russia, as has been proven time and again, has and will use underhand methods to further its own interests. Maybe that is true of any nation, but Russia is notorious for it.

Whether talking historically about what Stalin did to Europe after WWII, Putin's "is it or isn't it" invasion of Ukraine, the Alexander Litvinenko case, or even something such as state-sponsored doping in athletics, I wouldn't put anything beyond Russian leadership, if it serves Russian interests, and that includes putting further pressure on European borders with the odd strategically misplaced bomb.

Add to that murder of Boris Nemtsov, Anna Politkovskaya and many others, not to mention bloggers being charged of terrorism by simply stating "There is no god". Heck, in Russkie land you can go to jail for retweet.

Russia has 'gone in' to support an ally certainly - but I do believe it is more than that --

The Islamic State was spreading like wildfire, unchecked - in spite of the pretend? efforts to stop it by the West who were covertly arming and training dodgy Islamist groups as a proxy army against Assad - because the West is in cahoots with Saudi Arabia and Turkey etc. and obviously have some secret backroom deals..perhaps to carve up the Middle East and help create a Sunni Superstate ---

The rampaging and unchecked Islamic State wasn't just a threat to Assad and the many millions of citizens remaining in Syria but a threat to the whole region and after that a threat to the whole world ---- including Russia and Europe especially --- being the closest and already having many tens of millions of muslims already colonizing those areas ---

So I believe that what was in Russia's self interest was also in Britain's and Europe's self interest and the World's self interest --- and that was to stop messing about and arming and training Islamic proxy armies and actually helping ISIS and to do something about the deteriorating situation --

Russia stepped in and is doing that ---- now it would be good if America and the West did the same ---- instead of muddying the waters with imaginary ''''moderate'''' rebel groups... because years ago they ('''we''') decided to get rid of Assad (after Hussein and Gadaffi) and are still hanging onto that plan -- a plan that has been instrumental in creating the migrant crisis and causing death and suffering on a massive level... (and of course Merkel made it all a lot lot worse with the open invitation that has got completely out of hand..)

cheers LV_426 --- we obviously have different opinions about Russia's involvement and I'm obviously more pro-Russia than you --- :tu:

I'm also pro Britain and America but I think we have gone way off track and down a crazy dangerous road with the destabilizing of Iraq, Libya and Syria ----

Edited by bee
  • Like 3

Rrright, as if Putler wasn't meddling in Ukrainian affairs... And yeah, sanctions are doing their part. Let that botox opportunist midget do what he wants, and you'll have Russkies on your shores. Haven't you learned from 1930's?

We know it was a tug of war between Russia and the EU over Ukraine that had been going on well over a decade. Its worth remembering It was Russia who won that tug of war via soft power. the EU disgruntled then destabilised and overthrew the democratically elected leader. the same leader they were happy to jump into bed with. and the rest is history as they say.

Has for Sanctions working, let us all laugh, It was Questionmark on here who predicted the Russian economy would've collapsed by now. We're still waiting. I've said it many times and i quote our former Cold war Defence and foreign ministers, The Russians are the best chess players in Geopolitics. - the USA, EU impose sanctions. do limited damage, but the Russian machine marches on. - Russia looks at the geopolitical chess board and jumps into Syria. _ The Syrian situation cannot be fixed without Russia. - When The USA/EU say to Russia, We need your help fixing Syria, - Russia turns around and says,.......Erm,... what about them sanctions again.......... We are being schooled in Geopolitics.

• Like 1

Frau Merkel Said "all Welcome" and they came. Over a Million. - People sad it was utter madness, But these people where the Racist xenophobes etc.. Now gates are slamming shut all over Europe and now we have the European Council President Donald Tusk: DONT COME TO EUROPE. "all are not Welcome" Merkel has gone quiet. must be locked in the bunker or the nut house. The European Union as brought absolute misery to the millions, a disastrous Eurozone economy, yet again falling back into negative territory, (worth keeping a eye on Italy) brought war to the borders of Europe with expansion into Ukraine, tried to play the big boy politics, the mighty powerful EU with no clout, placed sanctions on Russia, that worked, NOT. and then we have this migrant crisis which is threatening to kill off the EU, and what is the plan by the EU to solve it? allow Turkey to join the EU so not only will the EU be faced with 75 million Moslem hordes with the free rein to live, work, and collect benefits and a council house within the EU, but worse still the EU's new frontier, their new border will be firmly placed in the Asia-minor region. bordering Iraq, Syria, Iran, Armenia and Georgia. Its absolutely bonkers.

And people worry about the UK leaving the EU, i'd be more worried about if we stayed in.

If Turkey is given EU membership --- it's all over bar the shouting ----- and many Europeans could be banging on Russia's door looking for asylum a few decades down the line --- ;)

• Like 3

If Turkey is given EU membership --- it's all over bar the shouting ----- and many Europeans could be banging on Russia's door looking for asylum a few decades down the line --- ;)

our last hope is Greece preventing Turkey from gaining full membership. But by then the damage could already be done.

• Like 3

Speaking of Turkey, I see they are furthering their good democratic name by putting the free press under state control...

Zaman newspaper: Defiant last edition as Turkey police raid

More evidence we need to run a mile from the EU and start determining our own place in the world again, that's if there's anything left of the world with the way things are currently heading :hmm:

• Like 2

We know it was a tug of war between Russia and the EU over Ukraine that had been going on well over a decade. Its worth remembering It was Russia who won that tug of war via soft power. the EU disgruntled then destabilised and overthrew the democratically elected leader. the same leader they were happy to jump into bed with. and the rest is history as they say.

Has for Sanctions working, let us all laugh, It was Questionmark on here who predicted the Russian economy would've collapsed by now. We're still waiting. I've said it many times and i quote our former Cold war Defence and foreign ministers, The Russians are the best chess players in Geopolitics. - the USA, EU impose sanctions. do limited damage, but the Russian machine marches on. - Russia looks at the geopolitical chess board and jumps into Syria. _ The Syrian situation cannot be fixed without Russia. - When The USA/EU say to Russia, We need your help fixing Syria, - Russia turns around and says,.......Erm,... what about them sanctions again.......... We are being schooled in Geopolitics.

Gosh... Russkies didn't won "tug of war". They lost. Yeah, they acquired some land, but they lost strategic partner. Even their best friends - Belorussia and Kazakhstan - weren't much of support of Russia's affairs in Ukraine. And Russkies do everything to push Swedes and Fins into NATO hands.

Regarding sanctions... While not major factor in Russian economy decline, it does play some role in it. I hope to see USSR 2.0 crumbling as predecessor did.

As for Syria, I remember Russkies were bragging about victory by the March, 2016 (that end date was a plan of Russian military support of Assad). Were we are now? Large portion of Syria is still under ISIS.

• Like 1

Gosh... Russkies didn't won "tug of war". They lost. Yeah, they acquired some land, but they lost strategic partner. Even their best friends - Belorussia and Kazakhstan - weren't much of support of Russia's affairs in Ukraine. And Russkies do everything to push Swedes and Fins into NATO hands.

Regarding sanctions... While not major factor in Russian economy decline, it does play some role in it. I hope to see USSR 2.0 crumbling as predecessor did.

As for Syria, I remember Russkies were bragging about victory by the March, 2016 (that end date was a plan of Russian military support of Assad). Were we are now? Large portion of Syria is still under ISIS.

Let me make it clear, the tug of war, Russia did win in November 2013. Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych decided to accept the multimillion dollar offer from Russia and decline the EU's association agreement. It was this action which led to the EU/USA getting involved in Ukrainian internal affairs, and the eventual removal of the Ukrainian President.

Russian Objectives. 1)Prevent Crimea falling into Western hands (read EU) and 2) stop Ukrainian membership of the EU. Those objectives were achieved, Crimea Annexed. and the European Union has halted not only Ukrainian Membership to the EU for a minimum of 5 years. but halted all expansion. The rest you allude to is only a consequence of those objectives such as sanctions & involvement in Syria. But where we see these as disadvantages for Russia, Russia as quickly used them to its benefit. They've used the Syrian crisis to put themselves back in the driving seat once more. - at the risk of repeating myself, the EU/West cannot fix Syria without Russia. When the West asks for cooperation on the Syrian Crisis, Russia will simply say, in return for our Help, lets talk about these USA/EU sanctions. If Russia stays out of Syria it has no bargaining tools for the Sanctions. Russia is in Syria and has not only a bargaining tool it has an entire tool box. Its this which allows them to continue with Ukraine.

As it stands today three years on: Crimea amalgamated into the Russian Federation. ambitions of Ukrainian EU membership Halted. Ukraine split in two. the West at a complete loss in Syria. Russia backed Assad still in power. Russia controlling the Airspace preventing any ground forces from Turkey, Saudi Arabia or the West.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

Migrant crisis: EU rift on Balkan route as Turkey summit starts

Just as a follow on from the last article:

What Turkey wants

• More than the €3bn ($3.3bn; £2.3bn) pledged by the EU. It says it has already spent €8bn
  • Full visa-free travel access for all of its citizens to the EU's visa-free zone
  • Accelerated talks on EU membership
  • Talks on the EU resettling some refugees based in Turkey

How can this possibly be good for the rest of Europe? On top of more money, they want unrestricted access for Turkish citizens to the EU - anyone else wondering how many Turkish migrants we'll see, as Turkey turns further away from secularism towards Islam? As well as that, they want the EU to take in more of their refugees?

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 5

How can this possibly be good for the rest of Europe? On top of more money, they want unrestricted access for Turkish citizens to the EU - anyone else wondering how many Turkish migrants we'll see, as Turkey turns further away from secularism towards Islam? As well as that, they want the EU to take in more of their refugees?

They want full EU membership and as the 'gateway to Europe' they are holding us all to ransome.

Of course the EU will cave in

• Like 5

They want full EU membership and as the 'gateway to Europe' they are holding us all to ransome.

Of course the EU will cave in

Where is the EU's criticism of Turkey over Free Press? and as for the blackmail. well words fail me, what can you say. The Mighty EU held to ransom by a non EU country - Turkey. - Turkey is it not trying to build the new Caliphate/Ottoman empire and their happy to flood Europe with millions of Arab migrants as a forerunner.

The EU is a total disaster today - imagine when its a fully fledged Federation. scary stuff indeed, and yet we still have people who would vote to remain.

• Like 5

Where is the EU's criticism of Turkey over Free Press? and as for the blackmail. well words fail me, what can you say. The Mighty EU held to ransom by a non EU country - Turkey. - Turkey is it not trying to build the new Caliphate/Ottoman empire and their happy to flood Europe with millions of Arab migrants as a forerunner.

The EU is a total disaster today - imagine when its a fully fledged Federation. scary stuff indeed, and yet we still have people who would vote to remain.

Also no mention of free speech or human rights.

• Like 4

Turkey says "allow people with a Turkish passport to move freely in Europe and we'll take all the refugees"

Next year - all the refugees are Turkish citizens.....

• Like 5

Let me make it clear, the tug of war, Russia did win in November 2013. Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych decided to accept the multimillion dollar offer from Russia and decline the EU's association agreement. It was this action which led to the EU/USA getting involved in Ukrainian internal affairs, and the eventual removal of the Ukrainian President.

Russian Objectives. 1)Prevent Crimea falling into Western hands (read EU) and 2) stop Ukrainian membership of the EU. Those objectives were achieved, Crimea Annexed. and the European Union has halted not only Ukrainian Membership to the EU for a minimum of 5 years. but halted all expansion. The rest you allude to is only a consequence of those objectives such as sanctions & involvement in Syria. But where we see these as disadvantages for Russia, Russia as quickly used them to its benefit. They've used the Syrian crisis to put themselves back in the driving seat once more. - at the risk of repeating myself, the EU/West cannot fix Syria without Russia. When the West asks for cooperation on the Syrian Crisis, Russia will simply say, in return for our Help, lets talk about these USA/EU sanctions. If Russia stays out of Syria it has no bargaining tools for the Sanctions. Russia is in Syria and has not only a bargaining tool it has an entire tool box. Its this which allows them to continue with Ukraine.

As it stands today three years on: Crimea amalgamated into the Russian Federation. ambitions of Ukrainian EU membership Halted. Ukraine split in two. the West at a complete loss in Syria. Russia backed Assad still in power. Russia controlling the Airspace preventing any ground forces from Turkey, Saudi Arabia or the West.

Sorry for late response.

Point one. Russia lost big friend/partner country (thats minus one to your list). Whatever Russkies did to Yanukovich (bribe/blackmail), thats just a short term win. In the long run, thats a failure. And your "split in two" is just a bit of bs. Heck, even Crimeans voted for Yanukovich, who promised strategic partnership with EU, not with RusFed...

Second point. Muslie cult in Russia and majority of neighbor countries are Sunni, except Azerbaijan (Shia cult). Who Russkies are in friendship with? Iran, Palestine, and sleeping in bed with Hezbollah. What will be consequencies of that in the nearest future?Volgograd "fun" and other terror acts will look like child's play...

• Like 1

Turkey says "allow people with a Turkish passport to move freely in Europe and we'll take all the refugees"

Next year - all the refugees are Turkish citizens.....

yes it's all a fiendish plot - obviously -

well obvious to everyone except some EU leaders :rolleyes:

• Like 1

yes it's all a fiendish plot - obviously -

well obvious to everyone except some EU leaders :rolleyes:

When you think about the EU's handling of the migrant crisis. from start to present its been a complete disaster. - So in their wisdom to solve the problem of 1 million migrants arriving they then go and give 75 million Turks the right to come to Europe. :rolleyes: and the EU is paying Turkey $4.2Billion a year.

And our Prime Minister says Brexit need to explain what a UK outside the EU will look like. But when is he going to explain what Europe is going to look like in two, five or ten years. and no-one from the Remain campaign 10 years ago forecast the Eurozone crisis, Failure in Libya, the War in Ukraine w/Russia.The Migrant Crisis. 9% unemployment across the Eurozone, 25% youth unemployment across the eurozone, the schengen area allowing terrorists to cross non-existent borders. with Europol estimating upto 5,000 Isil terrorists in Europe. and nothing is going to improve, The BBC seems to neglect reporting anything which paints the looming crisis. The European Central Bank The ECB cut its main interest rate from 0.05% to 0% and cut its bank deposit rate, from minus 0.3% to minus 0.4%. Which means if you want to deposit your money with the ECB, you'd have to pay them to hold your money. :w00t:

who the Hell wants to be tangled with this Political Union. and lose Sovereignty in the process. :no:

• Like 3

Its reported the EU has agreed a deal with Turkey over the migrant crisis, and to be honest you couldnt make it up. Turkey for all its domestic problems, including the current anti-democracy issues, the EU has granted them visa free travel for upto75million Turks. on the migrant issue, those migrants who fail their application in Greece will be returned to Turkey and exchanged with a migrant from one of the refugee camps in Turkey, on a one-for-one basis. So if Greece turns back 5,000 migrants. 5,000 migrants will be brought to Europe in their place. then we have the problem, Germany wants to share these migrants out around the EU, but no-one wants them, so whose going to take them? especially the eastern members.

• Returns: All "irregular migrants" crossing from Turkey into Greece from 20 March will be sent back. Each arrival will be individually assessed by the Greek authorities.
  • One-for-one: For each migrant returned to Turkey, a Syrian migrant will be resettled in the EU. Priority will be given to those who have not tried to illegally enter the EU and the number is capped at 72,00.
  • Visa restrictions: Turkish nationals should have access to the Schengen passport-free zone by June. This will not apply to non-Schengen countries like Britain.
  • Financial aid: The EU is to speed up the allocation of €3 bn ($3.3 bn; £2.3 bn) in aid to Turkey to help migrants.
  • Turkey EU membership: Both sides agreed to "re-energise" Turkey's bid to join the European bloc, with talks due by July.

Its all going well for the UK referendum Leave campaign as the EU yet again fails, lurching from crisis to crisis. and much more to come............ :yes:

• Like 3

Its reported the EU has agreed a deal with Turkey over the migrant crisis, and to be honest you couldnt make it up. Turkey for all its domestic problems, including the current anti-democracy issues, the EU has granted them visa free travel for upto75million Turks. on the migrant issue, those migrants who fail their application in Greece will be returned to Turkey and exchanged with a migrant from one of the refugee camps in Turkey, on a one-for-one basis. So if Greece turns back 5,000 migrants. 5,000 migrants will be brought to Europe in their place. then we have the problem, Germany wants to share these migrants out around the EU, but no-one wants them, so whose going to take them? especially the eastern members.

• Returns: All "irregular migrants" crossing from Turkey into Greece from 20 March will be sent back. Each arrival will be individually assessed by the Greek authorities.
  • One-for-one: For each migrant returned to Turkey, a Syrian migrant will be resettled in the EU. Priority will be given to those who have not tried to illegally enter the EU and the number is capped at 72,00.
  • Visa restrictions: Turkish nationals should have access to the Schengen passport-free zone by June. This will not apply to non-Schengen countries like Britain.
  • Financial aid: The EU is to speed up the allocation of €3 bn ($3.3 bn; £2.3 bn) in aid to Turkey to help migrants.
  • Turkey EU membership: Both sides agreed to "re-energise" Turkey's bid to join the European bloc, with talks due by July.

Its all going well for the UK referendum Leave campaign as the EU yet again fails, lurching from crisis to crisis. and much more to come............ :yes:

This is a very good analysis.

The media will try to sell this as a 'success for Merkel'. The borders are close (for now). I am thankful for all countries who took part to close the 'Balkan-route' aka. 'Merkel-trail'...

Now we have to deal with all these illegals who are already here and nobody knows where they are and what they are planning...

• Like 2