Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Anonymous' protesters threaten global demo

seeder

How come I'm not hearing about this on the news? Wouldn't this be big news??

What do they hope to archive with all this destruction? =/

• Like 1

I am a little skeptical of his paranoia of Anonymous protests being "violent". The fireworks were potentially not for the purposes they used them for (the horses) and whatever happened to the police car was obviously illegal. But we're allowed to demonstrate. And demonstrators that cause destruction should be prosecuted, but otherwise, it's a protest. I'm not sure how it got this kind of fearful reaction before anything happened, unless they're been consistentl gone on rampages in previous protests.

• Like 2

I am a little skeptical of his paranoia of Anonymous protests being "violent". The fireworks were potentially not for the purposes they used them for (the horses) and whatever happened to the police car was obviously illegal. But we're allowed to demonstrate. And demonstrators that cause destruction should be prosecuted, but otherwise, it's a protest. I'm not sure how it got this kind of fearful reaction before anything happened, unless they're been consistentl gone on rampages in previous protests.

From what I understand, there was quite a bit of trouble last year. Lots of personal property damage of innocent people in the area. They expected an even larger crowd this year and prepared for it.

• Like 2

It won;t be long till the Hollywood Version hits the Theater Chains ~

Strangely... BBC tv news didnt mention it

Surely the best approach, rather than giving the silly little twerps the oxygen of publicity like the daily Mail always does. Let's see how Anymous get on with having to rally support from their elite band of activists through Twitter.
  • Like 1

Because the Media built it up into a likely Revolution in the Streets.
  • Like 1

Like if this was in Russia, Russia Today say "violent thugs riot in moscow, primley students from the west"

Bolshevik Agitators!

We've the right to protest, no denying that, but when a bunch of idiots begin a fight, torch police property, break windows and act like morons, then perhaps there ought to be penalties levied. For example, 50 folk got nicked, correct? Well, since all police vehicles are paid via taxation, we are in fact going to have to pay for a new patrol car. Why not fine the 50 jackasses £200 each, to help the cost and get a replacement? They may not be the ones responsible, but they were involved with the march, they got nicked, so they should have no trouble contributing to the aftermath of their little masked friends behaviour...

Edited by Shayde
  • Like 4

I heard the Hunger Games Premier was just round the block from the madness in London ?

~

I heard the Hunger Games Premier was just round the block from the madness in London ?

~

Yes, that's probably where they got the idea for a popular Uprising. Where's President Snow when you need him? There's someone who knows how to deal with public Order.
  • Like 1

well, anonymous almost pulled it off around the world

Protests spanned the globe, with major events taking place in Europe and the United States, as well as Canada and Guatemala.

In the United States, protesters marched in events in cities such as New York, Denver, Chicago and Los Angeles. In Washington, DC, activists gathered at locations such as the White House and the Washington Monument.

https://www.rt.com/usa/321004-million-mask-march-london-usa/

i was being, in case it wasn't obvious, sarcastic, referring to the fact that the brave gang of anti-Capitalist protesters known as as Anonymous, if that isn't a contradiction, spend most of their time huddled behind a computer screen viewing the world outside with fear.

well, anonymous almost pulled it off around the world

You seem anxious for confirmation that they did achieve their aims. Are you a secret anarchist?

You seem anxious for confirmation that they did achieve their aims. Are you a secret anarchist?

Not in the slightest, not a fan at all. But they have a reputation of sorts and the net is full of those who are easily impressed to go and riot.

Bit like those UK muslims who go fight for IS.... brainwashed on-line in many cases. The fact it happened abroad too is proof of their 'doctrine' affecting others

I bet the message behind the protests gets lost like it did with Occupy.

I don't agree with the characterization of Anonymous as "anarchists" any more than I agree Snowden is a traitor. I don't necessarily think they're "heroes" but I think there's an awful lot of demonization, but that's still the problem. They're not one thing, and this, like the Middle East, is just too confusing for people to process, so they boil it down to "one good side, one bad side" even if the reality does not support this. I support some of what Anonymous does, and don't support other things, just like a political party or your favorite celebrity or the whole Gamergate thing. We don't have to be "all in" for things - we can use discernment and reason and say "this part here, is crazy and bad for everybody".

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 2

I don't agree with the characterization of Anonymous as "anarchists" any more than I agree Snowden is a traitor. I don't necessarily think they're "heroes" but I think there's an awful lot of demonization, but that's still the problem. They're not one thing, and this, like the Middle East, is just too confusing for people to process, so they boil it down to "one good side, one bad side" even if the reality does not support this. I support some of what Anonymous does, and don't support other things, just like a political party or your favorite celebrity or the whole Gamergate thing. We don't have to be "all in" for things - we can use discernment and reason and say "this part here, is crazy and bad for everybody".

You' really think Anunymous are interested in anything other than causing trouble? They're just a bunch of hackers, after all. All they want is to show what mad skillz they have. They're no more interested in social justice than that unpleasant website, what's it called, the one where people tend to post before going on a shooting rampage.

I can assure you fellas that 99.9% of those out there demonstrating this episode is not in any way shape or form associated with 'anonymous'

~

Million Mask March anarchists plan to kidnap senior police officers, strip them naked, cover them in dye and post pictures on social media to 'demoralise ranks'

Organisers of the chaotic London protest are plotting to form 'snatch squads'

Published a manual telling people to target high-ranking officers, not 'pawns'

They plan to strip them, cover them in paint, then photograph and video them

Images then to be splashed across social media to embarrass and demoralise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3308148/Million-Mask-March-anarchists-plan-kidnap-senior-police-officers-strip-naked-cover-dye-post-pictures-social-media-demoralise-ranks.html#ixzz3qoXE0YFF

Oh, if only the protestors had done this. Mainly because unlike when it happens in fictional telly and movies, they'd then find out that the police and authorities might not laugh it off, and the majority of the public would laugh also, but the powers at be would come down so hard, they'd discover just how draconian a government could get.

Mark you, this is a Daily Mail story, so let's not expect accuracy in reporting....

Its too bad we dont know these thugs names, nam and shame them. If they truely want t be free then take of those masks.

Mark you, this is a Daily Mail story, so let's not expect accuracy in reporting....

And had you read carefully the Mail quoted The Times! Is that more to your standards of good reporting?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4607231.ece

Readings good.....