Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] 5 Year Old Telepathic Genius

Paranormalcy

Relaxedness is, or at least can be, a big part of being psychic. Psychic sensibility is also a subtle thing. To me it's been clearly proven that the vibes that people who make the experiments, affect the experiment inevitably. As well as the reasons why experiments were conducted in the first place, like to satisfy a prove this prove that or to get money, or for a different cause. Earthliness is a real pretty far from psychic realm though they exist parallel, it's no wonder the experiments fail when there's so much vibes pulling you to earthliness.

And this is not my original thoughts, psychic and earthly side of life are considered to be more distant than psychic and emotional or psychic and mental realm, or psychic and karmic realm especially, by certain eastern teachings.

From the looks of the comments, probably not real but who am I to say. There can be a telepathy-like phenomena between people who know each others well because they know each other's base vibes, base character.

I've never met anyone who hasn't had some experience in their life that felt paranormal. Reaching for the phone before it rings and knowing who was on the other line, seeing an event on the street you are convinced you dreamt of a few days ago, etc.

I don't know about those examples, sounds much more like coincidence to me

What actually constitutes a genuine "psychic" incident? I mean one that can be considered a true and verifiable occurrence that can exist outside of coincidence, imagination and wishful thinking?

I've never met anyone who hasn't had some experience in their life that felt paranormal. Reaching for the phone before it rings and knowing who was on the other line

Sure - reaching for the phone - and instinctively knowing who the caller is before answering - can be a common occurrence.

So can having an annoying song in your head - then you turn on the car radio - and 'BAM' there's the same annoying song.

I mean really - out of the millions of songs there is - why that one ? :cry:

I remember a few years back - I was thinking of a good friend (more like a fleeting thought) whom I had not seen since high school - we had simply fallen out of touch for a number of years.

Anyway a couple of days later - while browsing in a book store I ran into her. It was rather extraordinary - we still keep in contact to this day.

I guess from my own experience - these type of things happen very rarely.

But when they do - and as rare as they are - one can't help thinking " wow that was kinda weird" ... :w00t:

Who knows - maybe there is more to the human brain - that we are not fully aware of - or tapped into yet. * shrugs*..

• Like 2

So can having an annoying song in your head - then you turn on the car radio - and 'BAM' there's the same annoying song.

I mean really - out of the millions of songs there is - why that one ? :cry:

But you must factor in the times it does not happen. Just an odds thing is my guess.

• Like 2

Polishing the Diamond, Enlightening the Mind: Reflections of a Korean Buddhist Master

by Master Jae Woong Kim, Master Jae Woong Kim

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60 · rating details · 10 ratings · 1 review

In Polishing the Diamond, Enlightening the Mind, Master Jae Woong Kim explains the teachings of The Diamond Sutra, one of the most beloved and profound scriptures in East Asian Buddhism, believed to contain the heart of the Buddha's teachings. Through forthright instruction, allegorical tales, and heartfelt personal stories about his own teacher, Master Kim reveals the technique of surrendering, an accessible practice to help keep the peacefulness of sitting meditation in any situation. This simple technique cuts through even the hardest of contemporary spiritual concerns. Master Kim's warm personal reminiscences and practical meditation advice are both a testament to the vitality of Korean Buddhism today and a timeless expression of the transformative role the Buddha's teachings can play in each of our lives.

`

~

And don't worry ... you don't have to be Buddhist to learn of Buddha's Teachings ...and learning of Buddha's teachings does not make you a Buddhist ~

`

But you must factor in the times it does not happen.

This is true.

Just an odds thing is my guess.

Good guess ;)

Myles gets a gold star - images%204_zps2ppvltwn.png

• Like 2

I don't know about those examples, sounds much more like coincidence to me

What actually constitutes a genuine "psychic" incident? I mean one that can be considered a true and verifiable occurrence that can exist outside of coincidence, imagination and wishful thinking?

Yes, exactly. These things are (likely) just coincidence and probably have more to do with the fact that we are just subconsciously in sync with our day-to-day lives. We only notice the rare times when such things line up exactly and catch us by surprise. We have such a strong desire to assign meaning to things that we make more of them than they are.

As for a "real" psychic experience, I'm not sure. I don't think I've ever had one, but I've certainly been left scratching my head a few times. The problem I see is if I was 100% convinced that a happening occurred, I would have no idea how to recreate it or present any evidence other than my own story.

Because we don't count "feelings" as real, until someone can repeat a phenomenon under controlled conditions it doesn't exist for the rest of us.

• Like 2

seems legit, I have a weird ability to "know" numbers and dates quite accurrately. if I'm close to you, I can tell you not only how much change is in your pocket and what the coins are and the dates on them also. Works well with food facts on cans, like grams of protein and daily percent values. All that, but I do have to be calm and complacent to feel the vibes. otherwise I wont glean anything and my accuracy is gone. I think with some practice I could be a LOT more accurate.

I was going to suggest the JREF million dollar challenge but apparently that has ended with Randi's retirement and the new test procedures will be issued next year http://web.randi.org/ It does say that psychics, which I guess you can claim you are can contact them via email so maybe give that a shot. Regardless, how have you proven you have this ability?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

seems legit, I have a weird ability to "know" numbers and dates quite accurrately. if I'm close to you, I can tell you not only how much change is in your pocket and what the coins are and the dates on them also. Works well with food facts on cans, like grams of protein and daily percent values. All that, but I do have to be calm and complacent to feel the vibes. otherwise I wont glean anything and my accuracy is gone. I think with some practice I could be a LOT more accurate.

Brizink, cool powers, and yeah, your stuff seems legit, too..... Those abilities would be pretty easy to test and document, and surely you would like others to share in your abilities? Why not approach the psychology department of your nearest Uni and ask them if they would like to test you?

• Like 1

Brizink, cool powers, and yeah, your stuff seems legit, too..... Those abilities would be pretty easy to test and document, and surely you would like others to share in your abilities? Why not approach the psychology department of your nearest Uni and ask them if they would like to test you?

ChrLzs - my psychic abilities told me - to tell you - not to hold your breath for a timely response.

Considering only 114 posts were made by brizink since 2011 ......well :whistle:

ChrLzs - my psychic abilities told me - to tell you - not to hold your breath for a timely response.

Considering only 114 posts were made by brizink since 2011 ......well :whistle:

your good..

I'd like to see this 'telepathy' done in front of Penn and Teller...that would speak volumes regarding its veracity.

Yep, or Derren Brown - if those masters of 'wizardry' can't spot how it was done.... Only problem is, I think occasionally Penn and Teller do let them slip through when the act is so good (or the purveyor is so 'cute') that they can see it's commercial value...

Yep, or Derren Brown - if those masters of 'wizardry' can't spot how it was done.... Only problem is, I think occasionally Penn and Teller do let them slip through when the act is so good (or the purveyor is so 'cute') that they can see it's commercial value...

Do you mean on the "Fool us" show?

• Like 1

Do you mean on the "Fool us" show?

Yup. I think that show was great when it first started, but has now gone a little downhill. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, and I'm still a huge fan of those two, but there's been a couple of acts where I think they knew enough that they shouldn't have gone through - could be wrong, but it seemed to me it was more about having a marketable act, than about being unexplainable..

Derren Brown's stuff is quite brilliant - the lengths he will go to in order to set something up are just incredible (I loved the reveal on the horse-racing betting system) and then he still frequently fools me with some of the stuff he manages to pull off. I love the way he tells you about a lot of it, but always leaves a few amazing feats for folks to agonise over. I just wish he'd drop the hypnotism stuff - that leaves me cold and is all about being able to pick people who you just know will go along with it...

Then there's James Randi, but I think he has pretty much retired now..

Just out of interest, I think your average (or even very good) scientist is a bad choice for this sort of stuff. They are used to working with other scientists who tend to be on a quest for the truth and are very unlikely to be trying to pull the wool... So they are not *looking* for the trickery!

You need one who does magic for a hobby, or perhaps just a semi-evil scientist... (puts finger to corner of mouth...)

• Like 1

Yup. I think that show was great when it first started, but has now gone a little downhill. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, and I'm still a huge fan of those two, but there's been a couple of acts where I think they knew enough that they shouldn't have gone through - could be wrong, but it seemed to me it was more about having a marketable act, than about being unexplainable..

Derren Brown's stuff is quite brilliant - the lengths he will go to in order to set something up are just incredible (I loved the reveal on the horse-racing betting system) and then he still frequently fools me with some of the stuff he manages to pull off. I love the way he tells you about a lot of it, but always leaves a few amazing feats for folks to agonise over. I just wish he'd drop the hypnotism stuff - that leaves me cold and is all about being able to pick people who you just know will go along with it...

Then there's James Randi, but I think he has pretty much retired now..

Just out of interest, I think your average (or even very good) scientist is a bad choice for this sort of stuff. They are used to working with other scientists who tend to be on a quest for the truth and are very unlikely to be trying to pull the wool... So they are not *looking* for the trickery!

You need one who does magic for a hobby, or perhaps just a semi-evil scientist... (puts finger to corner of mouth...)

I agree and am sure they let a few slide through just because they are marketable. It's Vegas. I also agree that it takes folks like Randi and P&T to out a swindler because, as they say, it takes one to know one. I like to watch Fool Us with my son because he will look right at me and say "They can't do that, it's impossible!" yet there it is, right in front of him, being done and usually P&T know exactly how they made that particular magic happen. It shows just how easy it is to fool people, even very intelligent people, when you are good with the sleight of hand. I might be wrong but I think Houdini was the first to start the practice of outing the frauds and P&T proudly continue the tradition.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/5/2015 at 8:15 PM, Paranormalcy said:

http://nypost.com/2015/11/05/my-5-year-old-son-is-a-telepathic-genius/

The Neuroscientist's website: http://dianehennacypowell.com/press-kit/formal-bio/

Does this seem a little iffy to anyone else? Her credentials seem to be quite impressive, though I'm not sure how being a neuroscientist helps with correlating existing gender differences to highlight women's contributions. Isn't that statistics?

But to the story, the boy has telepathy - with his mother. Who asks him the questions. I seem to remember the horses in the Eberfield follies doing math problems, as well as other instances like this.

I'm interested in psi/psychic abilities, and I hope she is already getting numerous other scientists to start peer reviewing all of her findings and research on this. I'm not seeing anyone but her own take on it so far, which I don't see as a good start.

If no one has mentioned it yet, those animal acts were exposed. The animals were taking subtle cues from their trainers. Likely the same situation exists between this boy and his mother. However, that doesn't mean she's trying to fool anyone. Often the one sending the cues isn't even aware they are doing it, except for those animal stage shows, that is.

• Like 3

Dianne Hennacy Powell?? - that rang a bell, and if one browses back in this thread, 2015, yours truly posted this.. and I repeat most of it below:

====quote (sorta)

A quick Google shows her at many sites (almost all ad-supported and selling stuff), and LOTS of anecdotally 'impressive' stories about alleged abilities, but not ONE single properly documented case study.

I think she (Dianne Hennacy Powell) is full of it... namely the desire to make money. Combine that with the fact that she just laps up any story given to her, and has a lousy (deliberately?) grasp of how to properly evidence claims, and you have someone preying on those who desire their kids to be more than special.. (and they sometimes are quite gifted with mathematical skills, photographic memory, etc).. She claims they are also capable of esp/telepathy.

I challenge Dr Dianne Hennacy Powell, or anyone convinced by her claims, to please bring here (or link to) a properly documented example. No more stories and exciting anecdotes about how some child couldn't possibly have known a few german words or seen / memorised the Periodic Table.. Seriously???

I ask for properly controlled, documented, studied and analysed evidence.  In fact, let's get VERY specific.

Dr Powell has made some extreme claims in an un-peer-reviewed presentation paper.  The abstract includes such rather hilariously ambivalent claims as this one:

Data from the first session with Therapist A includes 100% accuracy on three out of twenty image descriptions containing up to nine letters each

.. is that clear to everyone? Just 3 out of twenty, and notice the "UP TO.." bit? But yeah.. 100% accurate!!!!!! :D:D

But it also includes the admission that:

The therapist and child could not be tested in separate rooms, because even subtle changes to the environment are very distracting and disturbing for a child with severe autism.

Say what???  So why put the therapist in the room in the first place? And what other concessions were made, I wonder..

It also says that high definition video was taken from many viewpoints - I'd just love to see that footage.

But more importantly, I'd like to see all the actual test documents, cards, images and the results (data and analysis) that was done...

Surely, if this was a properly done study and the results were truly that extraordinary, there would be no reason to hide any of the supporting documents, right Dr Powell? (feel free to blur out the faces in the videos..)

I don't buy any of this, I'm sorry, and having several members of my own extended family with autism/aspergers, it makes me angry to see these claims and a refusal to properly document any of them.  These people (kids and parents) are vulnerable.

=== endquote

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I don't buy any of this, I'm sorry, and having several members of my own extended family with autism/aspergers, it makes me angry to see these claims and a refusal to properly document any of them.  These people (kids and parents) are vulnerable.

=== endquote

Especially if your autism comes from a chromosomal disorder and they are not checking for brain abnormalities which creep up later in life. Your "blue child" or "psychic" could wind up a vegetable.