Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

That Crazy Dr. Carson

mbrn30000

Carson's account of what took place was written down relatively soon after the events so I don't buy the lapse of memory argument.

Oh, really? When? Got a reference to that fact?

What makes him a liar is refusing to acknowledge his errors of memory when they were pointed out to him. That says something important about his character.

His campaign team has been caught of guard and wrong footed and now they claim that the offer of a scholarship had nothing to do with Westmorland:

Humm... It seems to me he acknowledges his errors almost every time he speaks... He even now says that perhaps the offer didn't come from Westmoreland, but by way of his own ROTC officer.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/2015/11/09/dr-carson-dont-remember-if-westmoreland-made-me-offer/

“I don’t remember if I was with him [Westmoreland] when the offer came. The offer was not, as I recall from him, but there were multiple other officers around. There were several things that I was invited to because of my status as the City Executive Officer and General Westmoreland was at one of them… Honestly it [was] 45 to 50 years ago so I can’t remember every single detail about it,” he said.

I don't see the lie there. I do think that perhaps he exaggerated to sell his book. And I do believe he perhaps used specific terms out of ignorance. But I don't believe he out and out lied.