Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 homes fumigated after worlds hottest chilli

seeder

:lol: Bet they wont do that again....

Four houses FUMIGATED after students cook world's HOTTEST chilli and it seeped into WALLS

FOUR student houses had to be industrially fumigated after a group of lads attempted to cook the world's hottest chilli - and spice seeped into the WALLS.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/617542/Chilli-fumigated-walls

• Like 3

I bet they WILL do it again. But they might change the conditions.

This IS homo sapiens we're talking about, and guys were involved.

• Like 1

I grow habaneros and dry them in the food dehydrator. I've learned by experience that it's best to place the dehydrator outdoors when dehydrating habaneros.

And: no matter how well you think you've washed your hands, never put in your contacts immediately after chopping up the habaneros. It only took one time for me to learn that lesson.

• Like 3

Cooks up peppers to hide meth lab odor coming from behind the secret bookcase door.

• Like 2

I bet they WILL do it again. But they might change the conditions.

This IS homo sapiens we're talking about, and guys were involved.

Sexist much? Nowhere in the article is it stated that the people behind it were guys.

Edited by Brok

Sexist much? Nowhere in the article is it stated that the people behind it were guys.

Only male teenagers are capable of something that stunningly stupid.

• Like 2

nowhere do they tell us what the chilli was like.

• Like 3

Sexist much?

Very.

Some people just forget that males are the superior gender and if it wasn't for male ingenuity and superior intelligence we'd still be hunting and foraging for our food and living in mud huts.

As for chillis, I think it's a British chilli - the Dorset Naga - which is the hottest chilli in the world.

Edited by Black Monk

I did the carolina reaper challenge for charity in 2013.....there are no words available for the pain, your entire nervous system goes haywire, i ended up lying on the floor spinning round like Homer Simpson totally uncontrollably.

I still suffer from digestive problems to this day because of it, the enamel in the toilet bowl completely dissolved....along with my sphincter control!

Edited by Lucas Cooper Merrin
  • Like 4

nowhere do they tell us what the chilli was like.

They haven't been able to taste it yet, as the chilli keeps melting the metal spoons they dip into it.

• Like 2

:lol: watch some funny vids of people eating HOT chilli's... wont post as some have bad language, ....as youd expect when your mouth/throat is hot as hell

https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&q=youtube+hot+chilli+challenge&oq=hot+chilli+challenge+you&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i22i30.106967.112206.0.115451.4.4.0.0.0.0.141.364.3j1.4.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.4.362.dUsjcrE-wRo

• Like 2

I've blinded myself with habaneros after thinking my hands were clean.

I also once ate a ghost chili. I have never experienced such delicious pain.

• Like 5

Can't even take a mildly spicy pepper any more. Why in the world would someone need a 2 million plus SHU pepper?

• Like 1

Imagine that foul smell coming out of your ass after eating this

Never mind the smell, anyone stupid enough to eat something like that would probably have their ass in a bucket of icewater for a very long time afterward.

• Like 2

Dude, you're living in the last decade. That chili isn't even in the top 5 any more. The Carolina Reaper is the current hottest of them all --- https://www.crazyhot...ottest-peppers/

Well, it's debateable. The Dorset Naga did enter the Guinness World Records for being the hottest chilli in 2011. The woman who grows them has to wear two pairs of latex gloves and a rubber mackintosh to protect her skin from burns. Each Dorset Naga is hotter than eight vindaloos.

Can't even take a mildly spicy pepper any more. Why in the world would someone need a 2 million plus SHU pepper?

To add a bit of a kick to your Balti.

Edited by Black Monk

I'm not sure how to take the truthfulness of this story. That's because I regularly process some rather hot peppers. 7 pot brain strain, scorpions, reapers, ghost peppers, fun mild ones like fatali, devils tongue, and aji lemons, various carrot types, and heaps of other ones besides... canning, smoking, dehydrating... and have never had a batch of peppers kick off so much fumes that it seeped through walls. I did fume myself out of my kitchen years ago making a spectacularly hot batch of salsa, but even then it was only around for a little while and didn't seep through walls, it pretty much stayed in the kitchen.

• Like 1

I like my chili with some bite but to destroy a batch by making it so hot you can't even taste it is irresponsible and an egregious waste of food.

With that said I agree with rashore. This sounds made up.

Cooks up peppers to hide meth lab odor coming from behind the secret bookcase door.

Sounds like a guy that knows from experience. :w00t: