Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Some sleepwalkers don't seem to feel any pain

UM-Bot

During a sleepwalking episode some people can suffer horrendous injuries without noticing or waking up.

In extreme cases, sleepwalking can be a life-threatening condition - especially when the oblivious sleepwalker ends up falling down stairs, tripping over objects or jumping out of windows.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...o-feel-any-pain

• Like 1

pallidin

Patient: Doc, I broke my arm and I am in severe pain.

Doctor: Yes, your MRI confirms this. I am prescribing you 14 sleep-walking sessions.

In reflection having broken my leg, I did notice that apart from waking with pain, that while I was in a deep sleep I felt no pain that I can recall.

• Like 1

freetoroam

One patient even suffered severe fractures after jumping out of a third floor window but had experienced no pain or discomfort at all until they woke up later on in the night.

Where did the patient wake up...mangled up on the pavement below.. he did not wake up at the time because he was unconscious from falling from a third floor window. Would like to see what he did do when he recovered, apart from scream!

This "STUDY" is ridiculous.

• Like 1

pallidin

Coma, Coma, Coma !!

AKA, Tora, Tora, Tora.

Lucas Cooper Merrin

Coma, Coma, Coma !!

AKA, Tora, Tora, Tora.

Coma coma coma coma coma-cameleon

• Like 2

Nnicolette

This is true. I am an occasional sleep walker and i sometimes know when ive been wandering because i wake up with bruises and lumps on my legs from running into things but i always make it back to my bed and discover the injuries later.

• Like 4

Goodnite

This is true. I am an occasional sleep walker and i sometimes know when ive been wandering because i wake up with bruises and lumps on my legs from running into things but i always make it back to my bed and discover the injuries later.

Every time I sleepwalk I instantly wake when I walk into something. That's a good thing.

• Like 3

Nnicolette

You do? I thought that crazy unwakeable deep sleep always came with it. Which is weird because as a single mom im an incredibly light sleeperthe rest of the time someone pulls up quietly on the street n i wake up. Are you being serious lol do you often wake up while walking? Im just curious about the causes lol because ive been caught leaving these premises by others but am usually alone n that scares me i want to know where i go n what i do at night lol because from what i heard i conversate interact and am not always recognised as sleeping until later. I think this article is correct i mean clearly we already know that in the process of dreaming our brain has to "disconnect" from the body to avoid physically acting it out as i do.

Captain Dumbass

Yesterday in Copenhagen a 12 year old girl sleepwalked out of her bedroom window from 6th floor hitting the sidewalk made of stone and concrete. She barely got a scratch.

Some sleepwalkers should consider some kind of safety string attached to their ancle and bed.

AstralPhae

I am so glad that I don't sleep walk anymore.