Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

86 yrs old woman climbs Kilimanjaro

seeder

Siberian babushka aged 86 becomes the oldest person to climb Mount Kilimanjaro

Retired teacher Angela Vorobyova braves monsoons and dances a tango to reach peak - and honour an 80 year old promise.

http://siberiantimes.com/healthandlifestyle/others/features/f0176-siberian-babushka-aged-86-becomes-the-oldest-person-to-climb-mount-kilimanjaro/

• Like 2

33 year old Australian man has trouble getting out of bed in the mornings,

• Like 4

I'm 60 *something* and can still get out of bed bright and early....granted the process is a bit slower than 30 years ago.

• Like 4

Years ago I read a footnote in Toynbee's histories wherein a certain African tribe noticed that every year a white person went to a certain mountain and climbed it. And every year that they did so there was no war or famine that year. One year no white person came and war descended upon all the lands killing untold numbers in the waves of chaotic destruction that washed the land red with blood.....that year was 1914 and that pile of rocks was Kilimanjaro.

Toynbee concludes that this is perhaps the best explanation for the start of the first world war he had encountered.

• Like 1

I climbed a foot ladder and cut a branch off my house. She's got nothing on me, she just did it in a bigger way. What a showoff.