Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jet-Pack man flies around Statue of Liberty

seeder

Arrgghhh....I Soooo want a jetpack!

That's one way to see the sights: Jetpack inventor flies his homemade craft around the Statue of Liberty - and says it could soon be used by everyone from commuters to firefighters

David Mayman spent ten years developing the JB-9 Jetpack which runs on kerosene

Small enough to sit in the back seat of a car and uses two vectored jet engines

Claims it is the first personal jetpack and could be used for law enforcement, disaster recovery and even recreation

Next generation version will reach heights of 10,000 feet and speeds of 100mph

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3311251/That-s-one-way-sights-Jetpack-inventor-flies-homemade-craft-Statue-Liberty-says-soon-used-commuters-firefighters.html#ixzz3r65XifIa

• Like 6

He got permission for this? I must say I'm surprised. Think of the potential if the terrorists got hold of this. :angry:

• Like 2

He got permission for this? I must say I'm surprised. Think of the potential if the terrorists got hold of this. :angry:

I duuno about terrorists, but I can see your point of view. Must have nerves of steel tho to fly that high with a jet pack, surely the fuel tank cant be so big?

and....

Watch two guys in jet packs fly right next to a super jumbo jet

http://sploid.gizmod.../www.rense.com/

We already have a thread about that.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=288149

• Like 2

I duuno about terrorists, but I can see your point of view. Must have nerves of steel tho to fly that high with a jet pack, surely the fuel tank cant be so big?

i wonder how he got permission for it (he says he did). I'd have thought they'd be very suspicious of letting anyone fly around Iconic Landmarks.
  • Like 1

He got permission for this?

**** that! JETPACKS! YEAAAAAAH!

• Like 2

lol Overweight cops floating over the streets, jetpack engines screaming to keep them airborne...the hilarity that would ensue on foot chases

• Like 2

whoops, sorry!

No problem! It was just intended to point out the other thread for anyone who hasn't seen it.

• Like 2

Soooo, this would be a much better version of the thing we saw at the 1964 World's Fair in New York and James Bond fly in Thunderball back in 1965? Looks similar but much more compact I think.

10 minutes is not a lot, you got to keep a good record of time in one of these, I can imagine I would get carried away (no pun intended) and just keep flying, til 10 minutes is up I am down.

But it sure is a start, love it. :tu:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

It may be safe enough with trained stuntmen but can you imagine what would happen if this ever was made availabel to the public? Surely we can only hope that they'd insist that one would need proper qualifications, or that they'd be so expensive that ordinary people would never possibly be able to afford them.

• Like 1

This is very cool! Not that I'd do it, but it's very cool!

• Like 1

It may be safe enough with trained stuntmen but can you imagine what would happen if this ever was made availabel to the public? Surely we can only hope that they'd insist that one would need proper qualifications, or that they'd be so expensive that ordinary people would never possibly be able to afford them.

True, we have enough problems with people in transport with the wheels touching terra firma, let alone have them flying around...and where do they put the traffic lights?

Of course the Military gets the cool toys before the civilian population does.

I wonder if there's a two-seater model ?

I'll let her fly while I ...errr... navigate ~

• Like 1

but the Lord sayeth Navigation is a sin and a Violation to air traffic regulations!! :D

• Like 1