Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Warp/Missing Time

voirdire

I came here to find out if any other person may have an experience with missing time. I have had two such instances in the last week which were very similar and happened with in the same 24 hour period.

My wife, children and I were traveling back home from an appointment. We stopped and filled up our car with gas. Upon entering the interstate my wife asked when she thought we would be home. I looked at the clock and seeing that it was 1pm I told her it would be around 3 to 330 when we arrived. At that point I reset the gas mileage on my car and also reset the cars timer and mileage counter to zero. The kids fell asleep almost immediately as they hate driving the interstates. My wife started in to reading her book as I hit the road. about 15 minutes in to the trip is where it gets odd. That was the last point in the trip I remember until entering our city. It was as if I woke up from a dream. However, it was no dream. I looked at the clock and it was now 130pm. We had just somehow travelled 156 miles in 30 minutes. I drive fast but I dont have a supersonic jet. I questioned my wife who was finished with the book she had just read and she said that she thought everything was normal but could not expplain how it only took 30 minutes to get home. I then checked the timers and mileage and both were in agreement, 156 miles and the timer now at like 34 minutes.

The next afternoon we were traveling to a game at our university which is 70 miles from home. Gametime was at 7pm and we were leaving home at 6. I jumped on the interstate and as we arrived in the city at the university my wife asked if we had time to stop before kickoff and use a restroom. I looked at the clock and we had only been gone 15 minutes from home yet were now in a city 70 miles away?

How can this be explained? It wasn't clock issues in the car as the time when leaving the car were all in agreement. It was in fact 615 or so when we pulled into the gas station per their clocks? I am just baffled with this. The only other time I had anything else close to this was many years ago aroun 1990 my girlfriend and I were parked waiting on someone. We sat at the end of the long dirt driveway for what seemed only a few minutes looking at the stars and talking. The next thing we realized it was 4am and neither of us had a recolection of anything but stopping the car and looking at tthe stars for a moment. Strange part of that story is that our friend the next day came to our home and said he had came by yet...we weren't their waiting or at our home?

Anyone else ever experience these types of time loss or time warp?

• Like 1

That's werid sometimes driveing a highway like this time goes fast, but if something did happen

Very starange thanks for posting

Driving the interstate? Maybe you changed from one time zone to another...

You start your roadtrip east to west at 13:00. You drive an hour at 100miles an hour, its now 14:00. you change timezone, oops, time goes back to 13:00.

I think that happened to me once. I was taking my 15 minute break at work, then all of a sudden it was 3:30. It was weird. Im always checking the time.