Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

A neon blue creature that seems like a tie-dyed can be seen not only in a science fiction movie, as it was washed up on an Australian beach recently. The blobby creature was seen by a local on the foreshore at Broadbent beach. He captured a video of it wriggling in the sand.

The strange sea creature is commonly and suitably called a Blue Dragon. It eats blue bottle jellyfish, and with a striking, alien outlook, packs a sting of its own.

http://perfscience.c...ustralian-beach

• Like 8

Link to where you can see the video...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3319078/Weird-sea-creature-glows-electric-blue-writhes-sand-washing-Australian-beach-it.html

Poor little guy was still moving around. Put him back in the water!

• Like 3

The natural world truly is wonderful.

They call this a blue dragon sea slug.......slug just does not give it the credit it deserves for its beauty:

cb2049de6456e589b3ed63ad52aeb26c.jpg?itok=msxhYdjF

• Like 6

Come to think of it, it is only quite recently that the hi tech cameras that captures these amazing photos were widely available ~ buckle up the seats because i think there are plenty more amazing photos of such creatures coming soon ~

So far I am seeing a lot of new species being found and seen in the Amazon all the way round the globe to Vietnam, the Rain forests there being pristine as a result of the military conflicts ... and only very recently has there been researchers actively researching the area ~

~

• Like 5

Come to think of it, it is only quite recently that the hi tech cameras that captures these amazing photos were widely available ~ buckle up the seats because i think there are plenty more amazing photos of such creatures coming soon ~

So far I am seeing a lot of new species being found and seen in the Amazon all the way round the globe to Vietnam, the Rain forests there being pristine as a result of the military conflicts ... and only very recently has there been researchers actively researching the area ~

~

I was a big fan of Jacques Cousteau, he gave us some amazing photographs and film.

• Like 3

I was a big fan of Jacques Cousteau, he gave us some amazing photographs and film.

I just loved his shows when I was little.

• Like 2

The Cousteau Legacy still continues ~ vive Jacques ...

KOTA KINABALU: Sipadan is still the same as it was in 1988, when world famous French underwater explorer and filmmaker Jacques-Yves Cousteau made his remark, “I have seen other places like Sipadan 45 years ago, but now no more. Now we have found an untouched piece of art.”

Making this claim recently was none other than the late explorer’s own granddaughter, Alexandra Cousteau, who is now attached with the National Geographic as an explorer.

“We watched his film with the crew and it was really interesting. We were comparing how it was in 1988 to how it was now. The abundance looked to be the same and we dove on the same spots. He has written so much about it in his books – in so many other parts of the world, things have changed,” said Alexandra, who was in Sabah to explore and make a short documentary for the National Geography on the beauty of islands in Malaysia with the Scuba Zoo.

“This was in 1988 which was 25 years ago. It is still the same (now) as it was then, the abundance is still as it was then. And we have lost so many since then. It is indeed the most beautiful places I have been. It is 10 out of 10. It is really a revelation. In Sipadan I have never seen so many healthy corals, so many turtles, so many fishes,” she said.

• Like 2

i hope she did putt it back in the water

Edited by qxcontinuum

Not again ! Everytime this happens it is supposed to be unusual !

I first saw them in the 60s at a beach 1000 km south of Queensland.