Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists create electronic 'cyborg' roses

UM-Bot

The flowers, which are still very much alive, have tiny electronic circuits threaded through them.

The brainchild of researchers at Linköping University in Sweden, the peculiar cyberplants were created through the introduction of tiny electronic polymers which then self-assemble inside.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/288662/scientists-create-electronic-cyborg-roses

This is MADNESS! Complete and utter madness. Seriously, have these people got nothing better to do with their time? Have they got no soul? What the hell is the matter with them?!

• Like 1

You can probably get some medical solutions out of this, but... it's really sad that all these scientific innovations have good potential, but we're still struggling to evolve from "one size for all" -mentality as a species. A mentality that isn't even based on level-headed observation.

• Like 1

Maybe it could be used in trees so grow houses out of them. Make future cities look like a forest.

• Like 1

Ok it had my interest until they mentioned putting it in foodcrops... no thanks please dont feed me robots.

• Like 1

Jeeze, I wonder if anything "natural" will exist in the next few hundred years.

Of course there will, but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Every discovery lead to another, surely questionable at times, nevertheless, it's people learning how to mixed technology with Nature, it might have drawback, but that's research! Would it be recommandable Nations block research on technology with Nature? I don't think so, but I may be wrong!

This is MADNESS! Complete and utter madness. Seriously, have these people got nothing better to do with their time? Have they got no soul? What the hell is the matter with them?!

Major problem to florists is getting roses that bloom at the desired time. They can make a lot of money on this and that's what's the matter with them. Sadly they view its easier to become artificial then protect natural environment and life as it is.

Soul? What's that?

The rose the symbol of the nature's and man's pure and beautiful soul is now corrupted by them and us if we buy them :(

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

Many sci-fi works introduced the idea of organisms and even space ships that were both organic and technological. One wonders where such a fledgling technology may lead, for good or ill.