Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crowdsourcing project to look for UFO's

seeder

kerching!!

Want to buy a UFO hunting satellite? Crowdsourcing project aims to scour the skies with a swarm of $10,000 CubeSats

Indiegogo campaign seeks to raise $50,000 to launch a low-orbit CubeSat

The satellite will be equipped with a scintillation counter and NanoCam

Counter will measure surrounding radiation, and camera takes 360 view

The team aims to bring full disclosure on alien activity to individuals

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3s8IJ7CRc

Edited by seeder

Looking at the positive side of this, it's pretty .... amazing that the cost and complexity of technology have come down so low that a project like this is feasible. Especially when you think that in a human lifetime, we've gone from Goddard's experiments to.....this.

I won't spoil my good feeling by saying anything about this particular project, however.

• Like 3

So this whole thing is based on the fact that Dave and his fellow believers are convinced that the governments and astronomers of the world are hiding things from THEM and that THEY are the only ones who can be trusted to tell YOU the truth. Here is the highly qualified team of scientists that will sow you te truth:

Our Team:

bftf6mxct0zd6zm7r4hc.jpg

I guess the sanctimony and hubris of these folks thinking they are eh last honest people and their assuming that I trust them, for some odd reason, is what irks me. Afterall, the people that have tens of thousands of webpages full of lies, frauds, disinformation and money making schemes based on the same comes from their ranks. As far as I am concerned the FTB side is so permanently and irrevocably compromised with fraud, they are no longer relevant in any rational conversation (see Scott Waring). The whole trust us because we are you thing is laughable.

Let's give these kids the benefit of the doubt and assume they are honest and then ask ourselves how are any of them qualified to interpret what they are seeing? Aren't these the folks that see starships in pixels killed by cosmic rays. Lizards on Mars and moonbases on the dark side? Good on 'em for the entrepreneurial spirit but holy crap what sanctimonious little turds.

I hope they get their money and have a ball and it would be great fun to see them clamoring over every anomaly they "see" but couldn't possibly understand as if it is a new discovery (it won't be). I forecast 10,000 ET sightings a week.

I agree with the earlier posters, as a technological effort it is wonderfully affordable. I am amazed that anyone can build launch and maintain a satellite for such a low cost. As a project targeted at revealing the truth, it is wonderfully arrogant.

I am not sure any government would be comfortable with an independent satellite flying over their territory with a battery of detectors and cameras. It may be wonderfully short lived as well.

kerching!!

To be honest, there are plenty of suckers out there who will gladly contribute to this project.That is not to say that it is good that the cost of space explorations as decreased quite significantly.

The only draw back would be hundreds of small cube like missiles whizzing about in orbit.

• Like 1

I agree with the earlier posters, as a technological effort it is wonderfully affordable. I am amazed that anyone can build launch and maintain a satellite for such a low cost. As a project targeted at revealing the truth, it is wonderfully arrogant.

I am not sure any government would be comfortable with an independent satellite flying over their territory with a battery of detectors and cameras. It may be wonderfully short lived as well.

Here is a secret, it can't. The likely outcome is they raise $20K and then disappear with the money

Moronic.

One important fact isnt mentioned on the CubeSat for Disclosure HP. Cube sats operate in LEO, and I do not think that such

UFO-fun-satellites will operate above 300km, so their time in orbit will just be some weeks and the party is over.

• Like 1

Moronic.

One important fact isnt mentioned on the CubeSat for Disclosure HP. Cube sats operate in LEO, and I do not think that such

UFO-fun-satellites will operate above 300km, so their time in orbit will just be some weeks and the party is over.

Huh, didn't know that, thanks.

• Like 1

Yes why not! The US government has been covering their nasty plays in Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan, and now Syria to mentioned those few, NASA is part of the game of hide, difficult to trust. So a group of Indiegogo individuals want to make tests in the lower atmosphere, great initiative by these people!, congratulations on them! We will hear the results of their tests, will it confirmed UFO, I'm not sure! UFO has probably a very different physic, intelligence they're dealing with!

Edited by Hyades

Here is a secret, it can't. The likely outcome is they raise $20K and then disappear with the money

Even if they are true to their cause, I can see it's likely that the satellite might happen to reveal something that a earthly government might not want disclosed. Most likely they will do as you said and run with the money or the satellite will literally be shot down by someone but it will appear an malfunction or natural circumstances. Then they can run with the money and a new conspiracy theory!

I hope your not right Merc14, I dont subscribe to the fact that where being visted by Alien space craft but i guess it cant hurt to look.

Sometimes when we look for something we might not find what were looking for but along the way we discover new and interesting things.

Edited by GoldenRabbit

I hope your not right Merc14, I dont subscribe to the fact that where being visted by Alien space craft but i guess it cant hurt to look.

Sometimes when we look for something we might not find what were looking for but along the way we discover new and interesting things.

One issue is that they have no one on their "science team" who is qualified to interpret all of the high energy activity that occurs in the outer and upper atmosphere, which is presumably the area they would be watching. Shouldn't a physicist with that knowledge be the center of the science team? A second issue is 50K may build a Spacecraft (I have serious doubts about that) but how do they plan on funding the launch costs? Even piggybacking costs big money, far more than $50K and no legit launch agency, either government or commercial, would offer free space to this crew who has an obvious bias and lacks the skill set to interpret the little bit of data they would get back.

One thing I never get about UFO/Aliens...is this...

So if WE discover life elsewhere and we could travel there, we most likely would, right? We'd want to investigate, perhaps try to establish communication, wanting to LAND and get to KNOW our space brothers... as life it seems.... is fairly rare.... so why all the cloak and dagger and mystery about alleged ufo's and aliens? Why flit about in space and never come and land and be friendly about it?

• Like 2

One issue is that they have no one on their "science team" who is qualified to interpret all of the high energy activity that

occurs in the outer and upper atmosphere, which is presumably the area they would be watching. Shouldn't a physicist

with that knowledge be the center of the science team?

Hell, no physicis as this would crack the hole ida! For money, they offer as follows:

$100 USD

Instant CubeSat data

You will get the data from the CubeSat instantly, as we receive it. You will also receive the T-Shirt.

-----------------------

$500 USD

You will get the ability to log in remotely to the CubeSat, and issue commands, such as to take a picture. You will

also get instant data and a T-shirt.

-------------------------

$1000 USD

Meet our Disclosure guests

You will get your name or logo on the Cubesat (stamp-size). You will get to meet our special guests, for an intimate

meeting on Disclosure. I will update this as the list gets longer, but we're currently booking MUFON and Travis

Walton. You will also get ability to log in to CubeSat, instant data, and a T-shirt.

So, just give the FTB community whatever data and be sure that this data will be interpreted by them as to be mother

ships, electro-fog, wormhole exits, plasma engine waves and whatever. Woo-woo par ex­cel­lence and dilettantes olé!

A second issue is 50K may build a Spacecraft (I have serious doubts about that) but how do they plan on funding the launch costs?

Even piggybacking costs big money, far more than $50K and no legit launch agency, either government or commercial, would offer

free space to this crew who has an obvious bias and lacks the skill set to interpret the little bit of data they would get back.

They planned to use a company thats specialized in CubeSat manufacturing and launches:

Interorbital Systems' modular rocket system has been designed to satisfy a multitude of mission scenarios. The transformer-like

launch vehicle can be customized for each mission by varying the number of Common Propulsion Modules (CPMs) and stages.

Payload capacities range from a minimum of 30-kg up to one metric ton. The price per kilogram to Low Earth Orbit varies from

$4,000 to $12,500 per kilogram, depending on the payload capacity of the the NEPTUNE variant. Larger mass payloads result in

a lower cost . . .

Link

Hell, no physicis as this would crack the hole ida! For money, they offer as follows:

So, just give the FTB community whatever data and be sure that this data will be interpreted by them as to be mother

ships, electro-fog, wormhole exits, plasma engine waves and whatever. Woo-woo par ex­cel­lence and dilettantes olé!

Exactly right and further fueling the paranoia that THEY are keeping secrets from US, the only honest dealers.

They planned to use a company thats specialized in CubeSat manufacturing and launches:

I hadn't seen that launch company Toast, thanks for the info.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some say we've met them some say not..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever

There has been another project like this in the works which finally got to work. This one is a little more thought out than the CubeSat project, but I still question how the data will be interpreted in an objective way.

http://www.ufodata.net/

... but I still question how the data will be interpreted in an objective way.

Thats a good question but the more important question is how they will filter/clean up the radio wave data wich is an

mandatory process, for that the SETI Institute runs high expensive equipment.

From the UFODATA HP:

Very high frequency (VHF), very low frequency (VLF), and extremely low frequency (ELF) receivers.

Ultra high frequency (UHF) spectrometer that measures the intensity, variation, periodicity and morphology

of radio waves in the UHF, VHF and VLF/ELF ranges.

A microwave spectrometer to detect radiation in that range of the spectrum.

Edited by toast