Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oz Army Motto 'Offends' Anti-Christ Muslims

seeder

From the article:

The government must stop the political correctness. It must dismiss the Defence Imam for his views. And it must put Australia first,” he [bernard Gaynor] said.

I don't think a government should employ any Muslim calling for sharia law.

Moreover:

Jewish chaplains already have a separate badge with a Star of David, so Muslim chaplains would not be expected to wear the current badge. They would have one with a crescent.”

How interesting.

• Like 6

I'm not defending the guy as a person, just saying that in this instance he might well be making a valid point about the use of the word in a religious context. Of course, he may be making that point for the wrong reasons, but it's still a valid point to make.

Entirely how one sees the Context, "In this sign conquer" When worn by a Padre can mean conquer over fear, conquer wrongs of war. Padres are not soldiers, I do not see that their motto must reflect the soldiers role when they have their own role to fulfil? I do not remember reading that the phrase was discussed in any such context showing respect to Australia and or diggers, just that some imam took offence and is having it removed. Like I say, a tradition from 1913 and we are told the reason is "This is offensive To Muslims" Nothing to do with any other faith? How is that uniting religion when the Muslim Faith is ordering our traditions around? I have not seen other religions chiming in saying that removal of the motto would make them feel more comfortable?

If there is a point, it is deeply lost behind this tainted imam and his approach to the situation. This should be dismissed, and that imam removed, and the Australian Islamic Council heavily questioned as this is most certainly not the first profile radical person that has been tied to them. The Council is obviously corrupt and sympathises with Fundamentalists.

If we wish to re-educate people, evidence to show how redundant religion is would be a far better place to start. Removing tradition for 11th century thinking I just do not see as a step forward.

• Like 1

Maybe we should make the whole "jihad" argument over the use of the word "conquer" and spit his hipocracy back in his face?

So insist Jihad be removed form the Arabic Language? As it is the very same thing in reverse that we see on a regular basis, and aimed at us?

Which I have to say is pretty offensive itself.

• Like 1

So insist Jihad be removed form the Arabic Language? As it is the very same thing in reverse that we see on a regular basis, and aimed at us?

Which I have to say is pretty offensive itself.

No, say that the command "in this sign conquer" means to conquer our daemons, nothing specific, nothing about attacking and fighting you. After all, were told time and again that jihad means to struggle with our daemons, and that's what the Koran means when it says jihad. The conquer in that motto! Conquer our fears. Nothing threatening at lall about that.

• Like 4

No, say that the command "in this sign conquer" means to conquer our daemons, nothing specific, nothing about attacking and fighting you. After all, were told time and again that jihad means to struggle with our daemons, and that's what the Koran means when it says jihad. The conquer in that motto! Conquer our fears. Nothing threatening at lall about that.

Ahh, I see, that's where I was heading too.

I looked up the definition of Jihad, the dictionary says:

ji·had

jəˈhäd/

noun

noun: greater jihad; noun: greater jehad; plural noun: greater jihads; noun: jihad; plural noun: jihads

(among Muslims) a war or struggle against unbelievers.

ISLAM

the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.

noun: jehad; plural noun: jehads

The former would definitely be insulting to our entire culture, as you suggest, we should speak to the Islamic Council of Australia about that...... :innocent:

Edited by psyche101

I don't give a damn what offends some of these Muslims in OUR country.

I am sick and tired of their belly aching and their petty nit-picking of what they find offensive here.

How DARE they throw their weight around by telling the people of this country what they DON'T approve of.

If they don't like our way of life or our history - then they can p*** off back to where they came from.

We need to STOP compromising and being walked over by these whining and paranoid Muslim groups.

images%2089_zpsr8jmrxvy.jpg

• Like 8

Why should we change the motto after 112 years, what a joke.

Just another example of how our country bends over in the face of a minority, all be it a minority that won't change to our customs but want's us to change ours to suit them.

This is their way of pushing the boundaries - (testing us) - just to see how many times we will 'roll over' and let them have their way.

They're nothing but whining and cunning trouble makers that cause problems on purpose.

If I had my way - I'd boot them out so quickly - they wouldn't know what day it was.

• Like 5

Moreover:

Jewish chaplains already have a separate badge with a Star of David, so Muslim chaplains would not be expected to wear the current badge. They would have one with a crescent.”

How interesting.

That seems a fine idea. The Muslim chaplain should get the same badge, with the same quote (in Arabic?) with his symbol instead of a cross.

• Like 3

Your personal opinion is entirely ignorant of Australian Culture, we hold our diggers in high regard, and do not change our ways for some bloody jerk of a man who supports the radical side of Islam - the people who are creating more unrest than ANYONE on the globe today. This all began back in the days of The Reverend R.H. Pitt-Owen. A Senior Chaplain, he served in Egypt and on the Western Front in France for almost four years. Yet all the time in the middle East itself did not cause as much ruckus as this one tainted imam.

And I challenge your statement, if a person who supports hate groups that want to destroy your way of life was offended, I really doubt you would give a rodents rectum about what his feelings.

It depends, I would offer Hospitality till someone showed they didn't deserve it.

AND it is against our law.

Ch 5 § 116 The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

The second amendment is considered outdated by much of the globe, it's just an old sentence, But I do not see you guys letting go of that anytime soon. But it would save lives and make many people happier.

Actually if we want separation of Church and State, then there shouldn't be any military chaplains at all. Since that requires a government employee to have religious issues to be their full time job. How many priests do we have set aside to serve our Congress, or your Parliament? None, I expect.

That is absolutely nothing like what "and Then" said, he asked "When has an Islamic Country made such dispensation for the concerns of Western Immigrants or our cultures and values?

My post seemed a natural extension of what he wrote. He said (paraphrase) that the Muslim nations would never bend over and give in on such a notion as appeasing a Christian or Jew who was offended in this way. Thus my suggestion that we actually send them such a suggestion. Wouldn't proof be better then supposition?

No, instead we get told our women are like uncovered meat.

But if you find you can answer his question, I'd like to read that answer as well. I dead set cannot see you removing an old tradition for a immigrant who supports radicalism and fundamentalism. What a joke!! As if you would!!

No. I would. If it was part of a Compromise that was the Public's wish. My own faith is not so frail as to fall with the taking down of a sign, or a cross, or the changing of a badge design.

That is not to say that I think that is the best idea here. This fellow is just one person, and thus I would tend to agree he then does not get everything he wishes, but must compromise, and to a greater degree on his part.

This is Australia, a multicultural place, not a open book waiting for someone to impose their culture on it. Religion impoverishes us culturally. We have our own culture and take it or leave it this is it. Yet in Islam, Atheism is a death sentence. Tolerance? You are speaking to the wrong end of the globe.

Mohammadu Nawas Saleem is a key member of the Australian National Imams Council (ANIC). ANIC blamed the Paris terrorist attacks on ‘military intervention’ and it has also previously condemned the Australian government for providing military support to Kurdish forces fighting the Islamic State.

LINK

It does seem that this guy is aiming at radicalism. He isn't condemning the Paris attacks, or other earlier attacks. Perhaps this might make him Unfit to be an ADF officer? If nothing is done, then it seems pretty clear that he's there for political reasons as a token gesture to the Muslim community.

• Like 1

Typically silly story, but what is an "Anti-Christ Muslim"? Jesus is recognised as a prophet in Islam. I didn't see the phrase "Anti-Christ Muslims" mentioned in the story, was that an addition by the poster of the story?

[/begin rant]

I don't give a damn what offends some of these Muslims in OUR country.

.. etc etc .

[/ end rant]

i bet you so wish the Trump was standing in your country, don't you.

nah, we've got our own Trumpster.

Their name is Jaqui. Or Pauline. Or Bob.

There's quite a few.

• Like 3

It depends, I would offer Hospitality till someone showed they didn't deserve it.

I feel this fellow has well shown already that he does not deserve it, and I assure you, I won't be the only Aussie telling him to rack of with his "suggestion".

Actually if we want separation of Church and State, then there shouldn't be any military chaplains at all. Since that requires a government employee to have religious issues to be their full time job. How many priests do we have set aside to serve our Congress, or your Parliament? None, I expect.

I would agree as you know I would love to see religion rationalised into redundancy. However, the good men who do serve and die for our freedom and way of life deserve to live out their lives as they always have. In the future, no more Padre's would be great, but for the here and now, it is like the elderly, even this rotten old atheist does not feel the right to wrestle their faith from them.

Until a better day comes, and the term "Atheist" has been made redundant, I do not think we have the right to deny the requests of those who give their lives for us.

My post seemed a natural extension of what he wrote. He said (paraphrase) that the Muslim nations would never bend over and give in on such a notion as appeasing a Christian or Jew who was offended in this way. Thus my suggestion that we actually send them such a suggestion. Wouldn't proof be better then supposition?

My apologies, never saw it that way, we both know what would happen.

No. I would. If it was part of a Compromise that was the Public's wish. My own faith is not so frail as to fall with the taking down of a sign, or a cross, or the changing of a badge design.

That is not to say that I think that is the best idea here. This fellow is just one person, and thus I would tend to agree he then does not get everything he wishes, but must compromise, and to a greater degree on his part.

That is exactly why irks me here, there is no public wish, yet the OP indicates this will happen, and to make one Muslim who supports Radical Islam happy. Finding out after the fat is more than insulting to us as a people. Religion is leading the Governments about by the nose due to the unrest and resulting PC items.

A great many more will be offended than those who decided this badge is so darn offensive, yet this is the first we have ever heard of it. Nobody seems to give a rodents rectum about that, and I find that very insulting to us as a nation.

It does seem that this guy is aiming at radicalism. He isn't condemning the Paris attacks, or other earlier attacks. Perhaps this might make him Unfit to be an ADF officer? If nothing is done, then it seems pretty clear that he's there for political reasons as a token gesture to the Muslim community.

He outlines a problem with the Muslim religion overall. That moderates too hold very violent views, but just do not randomly bomb people. So many go on about the religion of peace, and how moderates are so benign, yet I have seen moderates over the last couple of weeks make horrendous comments. I do not think the neo-cons are all that far of the mark here.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Typically silly story, but what is an "Anti-Christ Muslim"? Jesus is recognised as a prophet in Islam. I didn't see the phrase "Anti-Christ Muslims" mentioned in the story, was that an addition by the poster of the story?

Are you getting "Jesus" and "Christ" Confused perhaps? Jesus is the name of the son of God, Christ is a title, also treated as a name, given to Jesus of Nazareth.

• Like 1

nah, we've got our own Trumpster.

Their name is Jaqui. Or Pauline. Or Bob.

There's quite a few.

Pauline has heaps better pins than Trump could dream of mustering up tho............ ;)

• Like 2

Pauline has heaps better pins than Trump could dream of mustering up tho............ ;)

Please explain?

• Like 2

Now, now - stop being so presumptuous Norbert - and btw - I rarely rant ;)

I'm not a die hard fan of Trump - in fact he comes over as being more of a comedian to me.

However - I do agree with him as far as the 'over the top' political correctness is concerned.

Like many others - I'm tired of having to walk on egg shells - so as not to offend these minority groups of whining Muslims in our country and other Western countries - including your own.

Some of these Muslim leaders - have got way too much to say.

IMHO - their long term agenda is to ultimately divide.

political-correctness-quotes-3.jpg_zpsrysvli78.png

• Like 5

Please explain?

hahaha - you guys crack me up :lol:

• Like 2

I wonder if rejecting the idea that Muslims are all or even mostly terrorists consists of "whining."

This below may give you some indication of what they whine about - and what they find offensive in Australia.

Not to mention the recent complaint concerning the removal of 'conquer' from a 102 year old motto - hence this thread.

Mind you - they don't criticize the benefit payments they receive through Centre Link - at the tax payers expense.

• Like 3

All of this reminds me of the old song by Tom Lehrer - "Send The Marines"

Part of which goes:

"Members of the corps

All hate the thought of war,

They'd rather kill them off by peaceful means.

Stop calling it aggression,

O we hate that expression."

Please explain?

Who doesn't love a ginger :D

1237335147107.jpg

And she still got it too.....

416868_281184565287037_433093073_n.jpg?oh=1b5ca633cb1c217ccdd878d3332961fe&oe=569998D9&__gda__=1452793214_2dde421bd2afc5d0992faf105454dc9e

Had to modify this though, could not find a "Family Friendly" one on the net.

58361792%252520MOD.jpg

Edited by psyche101

Some of these Muslim leaders - have got way too much to say.

ISlam%252520Nonsense.jpg

• Like 1

ISlam%252520Nonsense.jpg

He knows it must be true, just ask his three gay sons.

• Like 5

That is exactly why irks me here, there is no public wish, yet the OP indicates this will happen, and to make one Muslim who supports Radical Islam happy. Finding out after the fat is more than insulting to us as a people. Religion is leading the Governments about by the nose due to the unrest and resulting PC items.

A great many more will be offended than those who decided this badge is so darn offensive, yet this is the first we have ever heard of it. Nobody seems to give a rodents rectum about that, and I find that very insulting to us as a nation.

Perhaps if the people will have the legislature put it to a vote, and the one fellow will be overruled?

He outlines a problem with the Muslim religion overall. That moderates too hold very violent views, but just do not randomly bomb people. So many go on about the religion of peace, and how moderates are so benign, yet I have seen moderates over the last couple of weeks make horrendous comments. I do not think the neo-cons are all that far of the mark here.

Is he really considered a Moderate? I wonder what the description of a moderate Muslim in Australia is.... Perhaps that they don't openly celebrate people dying, under an ISIS knife, but also do not condemn it publicly either??

• Like 1