Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope heals brain tumor with a kiss?

seeder

A gift from God: Family credits miraculous shrinking of baby's head tumour to a kiss from the Pope

Pope Francis kissed one-year-old Gianna in September, during a papal procession in Philadelphia

A comparison of Gianna's MRIs from August and November shows a noticeable difference

The toddler has a sibling named Dominic -- and the first name of the bodyguard who hoisted the girl up during the kiss is Domenico

The Masciantonios have reportedly credited this as divine intervention

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3329747/I-think-God-Family-believes-Pope-s-kiss-head-helped-shrink-baby-girl-s-brain-tumor.html#ixzz3sKrFsGSo

I wish this family well, but jumping to unproven miracles is counterproductive and only serves false hope.

"Certain types of tumors may be treated with medication, which, in some cases, can shrink the tumor or stop the growth of the tumor."

http://www.columbianeurosurgery.org/conditions/brain-tumors/

• Like 9

I wonder what a smooch of a smack on the kisser would bring ?

~

• Like 1

I am sure that the medical procedures that the young boy underwent had absolutely nothing to do with the tumor's decrease in size. All credit goes to the Pope's divine lips.

• Like 3

Who needs doctors and physicians when popes and priests can cure diseases with so little effort- just singing songs and praying all day long.

• Like 1

You can heal people that way too. Not that it might always succeed. It's what you folk call placebo, if it's that.

• Like 1

You can heal people that way too. Not that it might always succeed. It's what you folk call placebo, if it's that.

In a book written by Joseph Murphy he mention many cases of successfully helping people only by suggestions, well, it suits the name of the book '' power of subconscious mind '' but interesting read it is, i am glad i have read it.

• Like 3

No, he didn't. The pope isn't a healer, kisses and prayer don't cure cancer, and anyone who believes otherwise is dangerously deluded.

• Like 7

In the RCC you have to have at least two miracles to attributed to you so you can become a Saint.

One miracle down, one miracle to go.

@ everyone else....

Is there proof the Pope did NOT cause the healing?

Nope! All you can say is that there is no scientific reason for such to have happened. But, in the defense of science, correlation, even if it appears directly related, is not causation. Unfortunately miraculous healings don't have a tenancy to be lab repeatable.

• Like 1

so getting a kiss from a politician would then make babies sick?

Wait a minute, the pope says HE HIMSELF is in declining health. He had a lung removed when he was a teenager in Argentina after suffering an infection. Why can't he kiss himself and miraculously regenerate his own missing lung?

Imagine all the men with impotence he could be curing with his lips.

• Like 6

Wait a minute, the pope says HE HIMSELF is in declining health. He had a lung removed when he was a teenager in Argentina after suffering an infection. Why can't he kiss himself and miraculously regenerate his own missing lung?

Maybe he's like John Coffey in The Green Mile.

Come to think of it... the late, great Michael Clarke Duncan would have made a great pope!

So much skepticism....

I'm thinking he should have a go at my hemorroids.

• Like 3

Hard to prove or disprove, but I do not discount the supernatural, just because I may not trust the messenger, perhaps it was the faith of the parents that God honored.

It's not hard to disprove. Not hard at all. A person cannot cause a tumor to shrink with a kiss. End of goddamn discussion.

• Like 2

It's not hard to disprove. Not hard at all. A person cannot cause a tumor to shrink with a kiss. End of goddamn discussion.

Well, not with that filthy mouth it won't.

:)

• Like 2