Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was British policeman abducted by aliens ?

UM-Bot

Former police officer Alan Godfry had a close encounter with a UFO while on patrol back in November 1980.

The incident took place along Burnley Road in the town of Todmorden where Godfry had been investigating reports of missing animals in the early hours of the morning.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/288859/was-british-policeman-abducted-by-aliens

• Like 2

Not a whole lot of substance to that story. Cop sees lights. Other cops say they saw some lights. Guy loses a whopping fifteen minutes of time and of course no explanation. Also the biggest abductee case in the U.K..

Nothing else. Just that. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Kurzweil
  • Like 1

1980? has the Jewish alien only just released him?

• Like 1

There was a lengthy probe.

We've all been there! .......

Haven't we? :/

• Like 1

im no alien but if i was i dont think id come from all the way out in the galaxy somewhere and decide to touchdown in burnley road , todmorden ..

• Like 1

It's apparent that these aliens needed to improve their own galactic police patrols so they decided to interrogate this poor cop to get the info they needed.

Edited by Infernal Gnu
  • Like 1

It's apparent that these aliens needed to improve their own galactic police patrols so they decided to interrogate this poor cop to get the info they needed.

Yeah and it only took fifteen minutes.

• Like 2

Yeah and it only took fifteen minutes.

I am surprised it took that long.

• Like 2

I am surprised it took that long.

He maybe fumbled with is dungaree buttons for 10 of those

• Like 1

Interesting case even if an older one, no serious responses I see.

It seems as thought vehicles on lonely stretches of roads are simply easy pickings for whatever is done. It could be as simple as draining glandular fluids from people for some reason.

• Like 1

Interesting case even if an older one, no serious responses I see.

It seems as thought vehicles on lonely stretches of roads are simply easy pickings for whatever is done. It could be as simple as draining glandular fluids from people for some reason.

Coming to UM for any other reason that to see the usual "LOL HOAX WHAT AN IDIOT" comments is not a smart thing to do. Dunno who is more to blame, those who haunt everything from UFO to Paranormal boards just to go "hoax, I can tell, being an omniscient and omnipresent being" or the fact you think it'll ever be anything different. Going by the comments you read, people seem to expect aliens to come to Central Square New York and beam up the entire city for it to be a "maybe".

• Like 3

He was under oath right ? Like Travis Walton. Edgar Mitchel, Betty& Barney Hill, RIchard Dreyfus, William Shattner ! The List Goes on ,And ON! :tu:

• Like 1

Alan Godfry also had another strange case.

This one has more evidence.

http://www.ufo-myste.../80sgodfrey.php

https://sjhstrangeta...igmund-adamski/

The second link there to an article I found very interesting, intriguing to say the least.

Going by the comments you read, people seem to expect aliens to come to Central Square New York and beam up the entire city for it to be a "maybe".

Central Square mightn't be missed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Square,_New_York

It may already have happened in Stone Arabia. :Phttps://www.google.com/maps/place/Stone+Arabia,+NY+13339/@42.9536819,-74.5595683,3643m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x89de9668ac111fb3:0x6b594d82337ce322

• 2 weeks later...

Was British policeman abducted by aliens ?

I'm just gonna venture a guess here...

Probably not.

• Like 2

I live in Halifax (up t'road from Todmorden) and this guy has been a local laughing stock since he first tried to peddle this tosh.

The area around Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd (I guess you'd generally call it the Calder Valley) spawns a few 'UFO' tales every year, reported in a knowing, mocking tone by the local rag - dismissed by residents of the more down-to-earth wards as the imaginative fancies of the hippies, witches, smack-heads and p***-heads who live "Down t'Valley".

So, er, answer to the OP is "No, he wasn't".

• Like 1

Having looked into the case I believe Alan Godfrey is telling the truth and encountered something not of this world on that day in 1980. Not a doubt in my mind.