Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman creates entire Nativity out of cheese

Still Waters

Prudence Staite, a food artist from Gloucestershire, has decided to create the Nativity scene out of cheese.

How incredibly festive! She used 40 kilograms of cheddar to carve the masterpiece.

http://www.telegraph...-of-cheese.html

• Like 2

If she wanted to do something christian, donating the cheese to the local homeless shelter would have gained more respect from me!

• Like 5

I must say that is very creative, but the faces look a bit scary, maybe its the eyes....I have this urge to let some mice out. to play.

The cheese nativity scene is almost good as farmer Sally Williamson's potato nativity from last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/christmas/12021188/Woman-creates-the-entire-Nativity-scene-out-of-cheese.html

GET OUTTA HERE! give the lady some credit, that potato thing is = a potato "thing".

• Like 1

Sweet baby cheeses....

Bravo

• Like 3

If she wanted to do something christian, donating the cheese to the local homeless shelter would have gained more respect from me!

I think it was because she is an artist and wanted to do it.

People have hobbies, do you look down on someone any time they spend money on their hobby instead of on the homeless?

When you buy things because you enjoy them do you also look at yourself with the same judgmental eyes?

Edited by spartan max2

I don't know, I think it's quite a cheesy idea...

Edited by AustinHinton
  • Like 5

I think it was because she is an artist and wanted to do it.

People have hobbies, do you look down on someone any time they spend money on their hobby instead of on the homeless?

When you buy things because you enjoy them do you also look at yourself with the same judgmental eyes?

Somebodys had a bad day!

Somebodys had a bad day!

nope, just asking you questions.

Your comment shows a mentality that is pretty prevalent, it deserves to be questioned.

nope, just asking you questions.

Your comment shows a mentality that is pretty prevalent, it deserves to be questioned.

Well its the equivalent of painting an anti animal cruelty poster with pigs blood!

Nativity or two dinosaurs fighting over a table saw?

1052718.jpg

• Like 3

Well its the equivalent of painting an anti animal cruelty poster with pigs blood!

Not really.. it would be an equivalent maybe if the sculpture were specifically about feeding the homeless. Reading the article it seems the person wanted to just make artwork. It was the persons hobby and passion.

So like I said do you give to the homeless every time you buy things you enjoy? Everything you buy for fun could of also been put to feeding the homeless.

I think people have the idea that if someone is christian then they are a hypocrite every time they do not do something saint like, most Christians never claim to be perfect.But yet everyone has a set of moral and do not always follow it.

I also do not see someone as a bad person for doing something they enjoy..

Not really.. it would be an equivalent maybe if the sculpture were specifically about feeding the homeless. Reading the article it seems the person wanted to just make artwork. It was the persons hobby and passion.

So like I said do you give to the homeless every time you buy things you enjoy? Everything you buy for fun could of also been put to feeding the homeless.

I think people have the idea that if someone is christian then they are a hypocrite every time they do not do something saint like, most Christians never claim to be perfect.But yet everyone has a set of moral and do not always follow it.

I also do not see someone as a bad person for doing something they enjoy..

Nobody said she was a bad person! But wasting 40kg of food making the ultimate symbol of Christmas, the Christian time of giving gifts, its a slightly contradictory msg!

Clay would have been more than sufficient, it wouldn't have rotted with in a week and she could have donated the cheese to those starving at Christmas!

Any other carved theme out of cheese would have been ok, but the nativity scene out of cheese at Christmas when there are starving people is a little bit tasteless!

• Like 2

She was commissioned by Pilgrims Choice to make this for a display. So she is making money to support herself.

It is indeed quite the display, but as you stated, I would like to hear that she did not waste all that cheese.

• Like 2

Now Im all in support of cheese related developments but Ive always preferred the biscuit nativity scene.

tumblr_lw8x58WeA61qa8vh3o1_500.jpg

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 3

An interesting artistic exercise but I am not sure it has a place on a site dedicated to unexplained mysteries. Too many of these 'non mystery' articles are now appearing here.

An interesting artistic exercise but I am not sure it has a place on a site dedicated to unexplained mysteries. Too many of these 'non mystery' articles are now appearing here.

That's probably why it's in the weird and bizarre news section.

• Like 1

Where's the crackers??

The people that believe this fairytale as reality.