Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Green 'UFO wormhole' sightings over Cape Town

seeder

PICTURED: Mass green 'UFO wormhole' sightings over Cape Town sends Twitter into meltdown

MASSES of people reported seeing bizarre bright green UFOs over Cape Town last night

On Twitter #UFO was trending as a variety of posts about the odd sightings went up.

The scene was so bizarre some even questioned if it was a portal or wormhole opening in the sky from another dimension.

One UFO spotter said: "This was all over Twitter a few hours ago.

"A few people posted sightings of this green glowing disk over South Africa.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/623075/PICTURED-Mass-green-UFO-sightings-Cape-Town-Twitter-meltdown-portal-wormhole

Is the Express a reputable source?

Whats the general scientific explanation?

just like batman....Green Lantern's has his very own spotlight, lighting up the sky

• Like 1

The more i look at it, its just a hole in the cloud that the moonlight is shining through

• Like 1

Is the Express a reputable source?

Whats the general scientific explanation?

The feed was found on Twitter as per the DE headline

PICTURED: Mass green 'UFO wormhole' sightings over Cape Town sends Twitter into meltdown

edit typo

Edited by seeder

Wormhole?

CRICHTON!!!

"The wormhole aliens did it"

Looks a lot like a spotlight illuminating a cloud.

• Like 3

By "numerous witnesses" you mean three, right? One was taken through a car windshield and shows other lights reflected on the road. It might be a reflection, it might be digital manipulation, but odds are not in favor of a UFO. The second photo I saw does not have enough distinguishing landmarks to determine where it was, but the same exact image of the green "UFO" appears in each photograph I found. This does not prove the UFO is real, but proves the same base image was used in each photo. The third one was supposedly taken at the Long Street Cafe in Cape Town, but is a fake of a still from a video. The still can be lifted online very easily, which I did for my comparison. Each UFO picture uses the same base UFO, so if one is fake this means more than likely they all are.

Another photograph was "taken" at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban, which is 900 miles away. While I have yet to find the original photograph I'm willing to bet this is also a fake. The thing that will hopefully pop up is why the UFO story unfolded in the first place. Was this a Twitter trend people jumped on board with or is this a product of a marketing project. Reports from News 24 in Cape Town is that they were testing light show equipment which may have started the story and people merely jumped on the digital bandwagon of manipulation.

See my write up: http://paranewsinsider.blogspot.com/2015/11/ufosa-busted-cape-town-green-ufo-hoax.html

• Like 3

Yeah. Given the "cone" of light that can be seen underneath in the pic, which appears to narrow towards the ground, to me this a land-based light source, be it a tinted spotlight or industrial-theater green laser illuminating a small cloud or some such atmospheric stuff.

• Like 4

Looks a lot like a spotlight illuminating a cloud.

That is a shrewd observation and probably the correct one.

• Like 2

By "numerous witnesses" you mean three, right? One was taken through a car windshield and shows other lights reflected on the road. It might be a reflection, it might be digital manipulation, but odds are not in favor of a UFO. The second photo I saw does not have enough distinguishing landmarks to determine where it was, but the same exact image of the green "UFO" appears in each photograph I found. This does not prove the UFO is real, but proves the same base image was used in each photo. The third one was supposedly taken at the Long Street Cafe in Cape Town, but is a fake of a still from a video. The still can be lifted online very easily, which I did for my comparison. Each UFO picture uses the same base UFO, so if one is fake this means more than likely they all are.

https://www.facebook...001759429880347

Another photograph was "taken" at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban, which is 900 miles away. While I have yet to find the original photograph I'm willing to bet this is also a fake. The thing that will hopefully pop up is why the UFO story unfolded in the first place. Was this a Twitter trend people jumped on board with or is this a product of a marketing project. Reports from News 24 in Cape Town is that they were testing light show equipment which may have started the story and people merely jumped on the digital bandwagon of manipulation.

See my write up: http://paranewsinsid...n-ufo-hoax.html

I had a read of your evaluation Dr Brian, seems rather sound, I will keep an eye on your blog, looks interesting.

Bookmarked :D

Just a question, and I am not trying to be a smarty pants here, but is a PhD in Metaphysical Science from the Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science a real PHD?????

What's Loren Colemen like in person?

Just a question, and I am not trying to be a smarty pants here, but is a PhD in Metaphysical Science from the Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science a real PHD?????

At the Dallas Baptist University you can be awarded a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies after completing a 60 hour research program - that's two weeks working part-time. Is that a real Ph.D. ?! It took me longer than that to redecorate my bedroom (but I am a slow decorator).

• Like 1

I've seen lights like this before, but from car's headlights illuminating low clouds at night. But those are more angled and have wider circles. This one I believe is from some spotlight on the ground.

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 2

https://www.facebook...001759429880347

See my write up: http://paranewsinsid...n-ufo-hoax.html

Welcome to UM. And nice work, thanks.

• Like 1

At the Dallas Baptist University you can be awarded a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies after completing a 60 hour research program - that's two weeks working part-time. Is that a real Ph.D. ?! It took me longer than that to redecorate my bedroom (but I am a slow decorator).

I just wonder is it recognised by anyone other than Metaphysical people is all, and what exactly does it mean.

I mean no offence to Dr Brian whatsoever, I am sure he puts in the hard yards, and as I commented earlier, his blog looks rather interesting, which I cannot say about most UFO sites. I wish him well, but would like to know if mentioning that PHD is beneficial or detrimental to his work? Due to the many that have preceded him, Metaphysics does not have the best reputation out there......

I mean the dictionary definition is:

abstract theory or talk with no basis in reality.

Which does not leave much to work with.

And I have never been huge in philosophy either.

As I say, Dr Brians work seems better than this qualification would indicate.

I just wonder is it recognised by anyone other than Metaphysical people is all, and what exactly does it mean.

I mean no offence to Dr Brian whatsoever, I am sure he puts in the hard yards, and as I commented earlier, his blog looks rather interesting, which I cannot say about most UFO sites.

I meant no offence to Dr Brian either. I was simply drawing attention to the fact that there are Ph.Ds and there are Ph.Ds. For example - as I am sure you know - a Ph.D. in physics usually takes three years of full-time research, not 60 hours, as at Dallas Baptist University.

• Like 1

Everyone does realize the at the moment these people were viewing this, it was in fact a UFO. Don't act so knowledgeable and dismiss things only to then say "It is not a UFO" or "Does not prove UFOs".

The term UFO is not just for aliens you all know that right?.. It just simply means the viewer can not identify what exactly is in the sky above them. If you have never seen a plane before, then that is a UFO, to you.

The terms UFO and stuff like Spaceships or Crafts, are two completely different things; but I think people are forgetting that now.

Edited by Realm of Unknown
  • Like 1

The term UFO is not just for aliens you all know that right?

Get outta here with that crazy talk!

Everyone does realize the at the moment these people were viewing this, it was in fact a UFO. Don't act so knowledgeable and dismiss things only to then say "It is not a UFO" or "Does not prove UFOs".

The term UFO is not just for aliens you all know that right?.. It just simply means the viewer can not identify what exactly is in the sky above them. If you have never seen a plane before, then that is a UFO, to you.

The terms UFO and stuff like Spaceships or Crafts, are two completely different things; but I think people are forgetting that now.

The problem is it wasn't unidentifiable. The image of the UFO was very cartoonish and was an exact replica in each photograph and most people leaned toward digital manipulation. At no time did anyone film the light in the sky or describe it doing anything at all, which in a city the size of Cape Town is puzzling. One such photograph I found the original for which instantly discounted that particular photograph. On Monday a video of a UFO crashing with a subsequent Tweet from the "crash site" pretty much explained what was really going on. If people were to bother following the story instead of coming up with ridiculous hypotheses such as a "wormhole", alien invasion, or legitimate UFO you would know that within 48 hours it was revealed to be a hoax perpetrated by a company called "Smart Drink". So not only identified, but debunked.

Metaphysics degrees are non-academic, as such you are not essentially learning specific knowledge in a field but abstract ideas about human behavior. Being non-academic you are not bound to specific requirements such as hours or topics so the course material can be much shorter and some schools you can complete courses in a matter of weeks. But, you get what you pay for or get what you expect. Metaphysical humanistic science deals more with understanding yourself and understanding the world around you, essentially it is a personal spiritual quest for those that may not be religious or that desire to explore themselves personally without being attached to a religious constraint. This course material was not difficult to understand, but it was extremely introspective and I feel I came out of it a much better person than when I began. It did take me a couple of years to complete all of the course material including my dissertation.

http://www.metaphysicsinstitute.org/

• Like 4

UFO might originally have signified an unidentified object, but now it has become synonymous with LGM.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I admit that I have no knowledge of photo/video enhancing technology or techniques utilized to alter/enhance them, but it seems to me that if software exist to enhance/alter a photograph, then software should also exist that can easily detect when a something has been manipulated.

I'm not trying to open a "can of worms" on techniques utilized and why it's difficult to detect these manipulations, it's just discouraging that from a "few years earlier" until who knows when, any photographic "evidence" of an anomaly will most likely be dismissed as some form of hoax.

Either there is genuinely nothing mysterious out in the universe that science and reason cannot rationalize, or we are all buckled in for a dull life less any real mystery. I am not smart enough to be a real scientist (space science would be my field of study if given another life), and there are some genuinely smart people who frequent this forum and who impress me with their knowledge. I love reading and learning about most all of the sciences and I always try to keep an open yet logical mindset, but to me the mystery of "what if" is and will always be what drives mankind to push through to the next level.

With all of this being said, how will a real mysterious event ever be given credit for being actual? What will be the eveidence that truly does convince us that a mystery we cannot explain away has taken place?