Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeking Siberian stories

Troglodad

Hello!

I've been lurking here off and on for several years, getting all sorts of great ideas I lke to use in my ingoing series of Supernatural thrillers I indie publish.

I was hoping I could get some research help today. Working on a short story set in the late 1950s, with two America agents infiltrating a Soviet supernatural research base during the Kruschev era.

I was hoping to work in some folklore/myth about Siberia, but all I can come up with are those radioactive domes in the Valley of Death or the russian bigfoot, Almasty. Can anyone point me to some other Siberian cryptid, unique ghost story, lost city, etc?

Much appreciated,

C.E. Martin

• Like 1

Hi Troglodad, a warm welcome to UM, I wish you a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here. You will have the pleasure of sharing your experience and knowledge and UM members do just the same.

Best of experience.

If you know about the domes, you must be aware of the Tunguska Event. Lots of other Siberian UFO lore too. The region is of course also famous for it's frozen mammoths and other megafauna and there have been alleged reports of living mammoths roaming the Tiaga.

Might be worth mentioning that Rasputin was originally from western Siberia.