Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reincarnation ?

lolaivanna

46 minutes ago, Piney said:

There are many, many different sects of Buddhism some syncretized with the local belief. My sect is influenced by both the teachings of Lao the Child (Taoism) and Shintoism. Many of us believe you join the Living Universe and become part of it. You don't keep reincarnating.

If you knew anything about Buddhism you would know the "Akashic  Records" is pure Theosophist and Edgar Cayce follower crap. It's neither Buddhism or Hinduism.  

I do not claim to understand all 84000 of Buddas teachings, if you do I am happy for you and if you follow them you should be close to achieving nirvana which also gives me joy.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, let me return the education. Here is an article from the 'Hinduism and Sanatan Dharma' website on Akash that includes talk of Akashic Records

Those who champion the truth of the Akashic Records assert that they were accessed by ancient people of various cultures, including the Moors,

There is no such ethnic group as a "Moor". It is a Southern European "blanket term" for a Muslim.

A Chinese man named Sujujin was reported to need only the first name of anyone to access the Akasha and describe their life history. Another Chinese seer, named Tajao, explored a variety of topics in the Records which span over two thousand years.

These 2 people never existed.

Mayans.

Never believed such a thing.....and I'll even bring in a real live Mayanist @Hanslune

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

There is no such ethnic group as a "Moor". It is a Southern European "blanket term" for a Muslim.

These 2 people never existed.

Never believed such a thing.....and I'll even bring in a real live Mayanist @Hanslune

I suggest you discuss those details with the actual author if they concern you enough. I made my point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I suggest you discuss those details with the actual author if they concern you enough. I made my point.

If it was that it wasn't really Hindu or Buddhist you certainly did. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I do not claim to understand all 84000 of Buddas teachings, if you do I am happy for you and if you follow them you should be close to achieving nirvana which also gives me joy.

Peace

Which country are you in? I'm a "Keeper" ( Wisdom-Temple Guardian) for the BDK and my sister and I travel to many temples. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Which country are you in? I'm a "Keeper" ( Wisdom-Temple Guardian) for the BDK and my sister and I travel to many temples. 

I currently live in South Korea, in a small city named Seosan which is located on the West coast. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I currently live in South Korea, in a small city named Seosan which is located on the West coast. 

My grandchildren are part Korean and were raised Korean. But they are Christian. Not Buddhist

I had a big thread on Korean Shamanism here and was helping to restore it at one time. There is also a Korean folklorist here. @Great Old Man

My grandfather was a Native American Shaman and my great uncle was a Tendai Mountain Priest, so he might as well been a Shaman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

My grandchildren are part Korean and were raised Korean. But they are Christian. Not Buddhist

I had a big thread on Korean Shamanism here and was helping to restore it at one time. There is also a Korean folklorist here. @Great Old Man

My grandfather was a Native American Shaman and my great uncle was a Tendai Mountain Priest, so he might as well been a Shaman.

That's pretty cool, I am kinda a mut. I am German, once removed. However, I was born in St. Louis Missouri, and lived there until late 1970's when I joined the US. Army. I ended up spending 23 years in the military and retired in 2003. I learned a lot traveling around the world, but the most important thing is that all people are basically the same and they almost all want the same things. But they don't have the same opportunities we have as Americans, all in all it's pretty sad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I was born in St. Louis Missouri,

I worked horses outside St. Louis. Cool little city.:yes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Timothy said:

@Manwon Lender, welcome to UM.

I’m a sceptic and do not believe in reincarnation, but I’m interested to know what is meant to be retained when you ‘come back’? Or are you a completely different person just with a new life with a certain level of goodness or badness depending on the last life?

Also a few more questions, from your experience (appreciate your time, Buddhism is much more respectable religion than most IMHO):

Do humans come back as other species, or just humans?

Do other species reincarnate, or just humans?

Also, is there a simple explanation for change in population? (Why it increases? How does a new person come into existence, rather than a reincarnated one? Do you reincarnate over and over for ever? Or does something define when it stops happening?)

The past personality is taken as the basis for the formation of a new personality. If the old personality was always reincarnated, there would be no meaning in the reincarnation. Therefore, when a person receives a new physical body, a new astral body and a mental, parents, then a new earthly personality is formed and the person is already developing something else and not repeating what he was in a past life.
 True, a person transfers inclinations and talents from the past life to the next (as well as the evil tendencies that will manifest later). This explains that talented and brilliant children are born because these people have developed themselves in the past life very much, although they do not remember the past life.

People can be born only as people and not as animals and if the consciousness of a creature suits to our planet, they can even come from other planets.
All animals and plants are reincarnated because everyone dies and is born on earth incarnating into some kind of body. They just write that with respect to insects some sort of group soul is doing this.

At a certain evolutionary stage, there is a transition of creatures to a higher form of consciousness and body, therefore people will become supramental, animals will be intelligent, and plants will move to an animal level.This is the meaning of life - to become a divine being who was thought of by God and a sample of this being is in the heaven in the image of a cosmic man.

The population is increasing because disembodied beings are more than incarnate, and considering that beings can come from other planets.

Reincarnation is necessary because it is the only way for the eternal spirit and soul to go outside and replace the external consciousness and the mortal body causes the eternal spirit to find a new body for development and manifestation.

The outer personality of a person is just a temporary, natural person with his unique set of character, inclinations, habits, desires and abilities. For the spirit it is an imperfect working tool far from the eternal divine Personality (Jivatman) hidden behind the covers of our mentality.

When the moment comes when the spirit can remake the body and restore its immortality and form the body itself with the power of the spirit, there will not be a corresponding need for reincarnation. As well as in the reproductive and family functions of the father and mother.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Piney said:

Thanks but  really - wow keep me out of this scuttle of doolally! lol

P.S.

Rupert accidentally erased the Akashic records in 29,967 BCE. Oops.

• Haha 4

• 7 months later...
On 12/4/2015 at 10:51 AM, preacherman76 said:

Biblically there definitely isn't reincarnation. It speaks our time in heaven as forever. Same with the folks who don't make it in.

Also Jesus loved all the disciples. Including Judas. 'what greater love is there then a man laying his life down for his friends?'

What about non believers? Does this apply to believers only? This is a question I have often wondered about from time to time.

I've red things and about religions that believe in this about I've never come to a conclusion way way or another.

My grandpa used to do this silly happy dance thing. Not long after my nephew learned to walk he did this same crazy silly dance but grandpa had been dead for years.(This grandpa was a believer.) I just figured it was coincidence but grandma claimed different and said she seen other similarities, I never gave it much thought after that until reading this other than when a cat showed up.

Our close friend who died, (a non believer,) lost his life in a bad auto accident, a few days later a cat showed up on our back porch and looked at us like, ok what now and gave us a look that was very close to the same look our friend would give us when he wanted to go do something.

My husband and I both looked at each other with disbelieve and confusion not only because of that but this cat acted as if he knew us forever and he was the exact same gray color as our friends beard, he also was pretty banged up, his teeth were broken, a had a damaged ear, he had a wound to his eye, he is blind in that and a he has a severed nerve in his back end that doesn't allow his tail to work properly.

We of course took him in, it just felt right and our other cats had no problems with him, unlike other stray cats that walk up in our yard. But about a week later our friends cousin, that had passed, stopped by our house to visit and as soon as this cat seen him he ran to him and the whole time he was here the cat sat at his side it was very strange and he still does this today and it's been 6 years now, when this guy and his wife come over the cat greets them and sits amongst them. We couldn't help but to consider the idea at the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Debra F. II said:

What about non believers? Does this apply to believers only? This is a question I have often wondered about from time to time.

I've red things and about religions that believe in this about I've never come to a conclusion way way or another.

My grandpa used to do this silly happy dance thing. Not long after my nephew learned to walk he did this same crazy silly dance but grandpa had been dead for years.(This grandpa was a believer.) I just figured it was coincidence but grandma claimed different and said she seen other similarities, I never gave it much thought after that until reading this other than when a cat showed up.

Our close friend who died, (a non believer,) lost his life in a bad auto accident, a few days later a cat showed up on our back porch and looked at us like, ok what now and gave us a look that was very close to the same look our friend would give us when he wanted to go do something.

My husband and I both looked at each other with disbelieve and confusion not only because of that but this cat acted as if he knew us forever and he was the exact same gray color as our friends beard, he also was pretty banged up, his teeth were broken, a had a damaged ear, he had a wound to his eye, he is blind in that and a he has a severed nerve in his back end that doesn't allow his tail to work properly.

We of course took him in, it just felt right and our other cats had no problems with him, unlike other stray cats that walk up in our yard. But about a week later our friends cousin, that had passed, stopped by our house to visit and as soon as this cat seen him he ran to him and the whole time he was here the cat sat at his side it was very strange and he still does this today and it's been 6 years now, when this guy and his wife come over the cat greets them and sits amongst them. We couldn't help but to consider the idea at the time.

Hey Debra. That post was from 5 years ago. I'm really not the same person I was then. Though understand I was speaking just from a scriptural POV. Biblically speaking there is no reincarnation. How I personally feel about it today is I very much hope there isn't. That's just from my personal POV. I've spent a great deal of time wishing I didn't have to do this once, let alone over and over again.

As far as who makes it in, and who doesn't, I'm not sure I even believe that's a thing. Today I cant even conceive a eternal punishment for what we have done, or haven't done in this life. Especially considering we are programed to naturally do many of the things that scripturally would put us in hell. To me that isn't justice, isn't love. Now I haven't completely abandoned my belief in God, nor do I think there isn't great value and amazing teachings in the bible. I'm definitely not anywhere near as fundamental as I once was though.

As far as your friend coming back as a cat, I really cant relate to that thinking, but who am I? True or not if it gives you comfort to believe that, than I see no harm in it.

Edited by preacherman76

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Hey Debra. That post was from 5 years ago. I'm really not the same person I was then. Though understand I was speaking just from a scriptural POV. Biblically speaking there is no reincarnation. How I personally feel about it today is I very much hope there isn't. That's just from my personal POV. I've spent a great deal of time wishing I didn't have to do this once, let alone over and over again.

As far as who makes it in, and who doesn't, I'm not sure I even believe that's a thing. Today I cant even conceive a eternal punishment for what we have done, or haven't done in this life. Especially considering we are programed to naturally do many of the things that scripturally would put us in hell. To me that isn't justice, isn't love. Now I haven't completely abandoned my belief in God, nor do I think there isn't great value and amazing teachings in the bible. I'm definitely not anywhere near as fundamental as I once was though.

As far as your friend coming back as a cat, I really cant relate to that thinking, but who am I? True or not if it gives you comfort to believe that, than I see no harm in it.

lol ok thanks, I seen others were posting here recently, so I thought I'd share my story, not that I do think the cat is our friend it was just weird and made ya wonder at the time. I honestly have no opinion one way or another on that. 

It's funny how over a period of time, how our views change. Thanks for the reply & happy you e moved on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I can't quite pin you down anymore lol.

Are you an atheist now?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I can't quite pin you down anymore lol.

Are you an atheist now?

lol no not at all. I guess I just kinda see religions as mans attempt to put God in a box. I don’t think it’s as simple as that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

If we exist in a multiverse it might be possible to have an infinite number of souls reincarnating in multiple parallel universe, at diffefent points in time. 

Edited by Rollo

• 5 months later...