Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reincarnation ?

lolaivanna

Been learning a bit about the Akashic records lately ,and found it quite interesting, started me thinking about if there is any truth in past lives , just wondering what people think on it !! would love to hear some stories and views on the subject , I for one do not seem to recall anything just a bit of deja-vu !! But that probably just natural and nothing to do with it !! So interesting though !!

I find reincarnation to be absurd. The idea that one's "essence" is passed down into a "new" life after the original body is destroyed is highly unlikely. Even if reincarnation is true, why don't we have hundreds of people who remember their "prior" lives? Surely if one's "essence" can survive beyond the material state, why not memories also?

• Like 4

Reincarnation is interesting, but nothing proven. I would not trust past life regression therapists.

I rather learn from the past we do know rather than most likely made up things

Whenever I hear about the Akashic Records I cringe from from the bs.

Two cases of Reincarnation stand out to me. The Boy who was a WWII Pilot, and the Man that was an artist in supposed previous lives.

• Like 5

I find reincarnation to be absurd. The idea that one's "essence" is passed down into a "new" life after the original body is destroyed is highly unlikely. Even if reincarnation is true, why don't we have hundreds of people who remember their "prior" lives? Surely if one's "essence" can survive beyond the material state, why not memories also?

There are many cases of children being able to recall past lives, some of which seem very genuine

• Like 3

why don't we have hundreds of people who remember their "prior" lives? Surely if one's "essence" can survive beyond the material state, why not memories also?

Because memories are physical, stored as pathways accessible by electricity flowing through a living brain.
  • Like 4

@Lucas cooper Merrin: Really? Were any tests done to confirm these stories?

@Lucas cooper Merrin: Really? Were any tests done to confirm these stories?

Im not sure what you mean my "tests" but yes many of the children's recollections have been verified with research. Its all available on the web should you choose to investigate the phenomenon yourself, its sometimes a good idea to do that first before making silly statements on forums

• Like 2

The Universe is very adept at recycling so why not us too?

There's a verse in the Bible which makes me think Jesus was saying Peter was going to be reincarnated.

"When you were young you clothed yourself and went wherever you would, but when you shall be old, others will clothe you and carry you where you would not go."

I wonder if all of the disciples must needed to be 'born again' because they had to have their faith tested by 'not seeing' which was easy. The above verse seems to me to be saying Peter would fail the test of "Walking by Faith" after he was born again.

Only the disciple whom Jesus loved passes the test, which is why he was loved.

There's a verse in the Bible which makes me think Jesus was saying Peter was going to be reincarnated.

"When you were young you clothed yourself and went wherever you would, but when you shall be old, others will clothe you and carry you where you would not go."

I wonder if all of the disciples must needed to be 'born again' because they had to have their faith tested by 'not seeing' which was easy. The above verse seems to me to be saying Peter would fail the test of "Walking by Faith" after he was born again.

The Universe is not green conscious, it just is.

You like to stretch text way beyond context. It's just a reminder of getting old, and to do things while you still can.

Im not sure what you mean my "tests" but yes many of the children's recollections have been verified with research. Its all available on the web should you choose to investigate the phenomenon yourself, its sometimes a good idea to do that first before making silly statements on forums

Funny how you are quick to defended the idea that souls can be born again. Yet when it comes to the idea of souls protecting the living that you refuse to believe.

Funny how you are quick to defended the idea that souls can be born again. Yet when it comes to the idea of souls protecting the living that you refuse to believe.

Im merely adressing the fact that there are many accounts of children seemingly recalling past lives, and when investigated these claims are often incredibly accurate and precise, with the children's stories actually matching up with someones past life,

At no point was i defending anything, i was bringing forward information for Austin who seemed completely unaware that there is possible evidence for reincarnation

Why is what you think i believe so important that you feel the need to jump threads and accuse me of being a hypocrite?

What are you gaining from this personal "attack"?

I Believe that when you die the energy in the brain is released and continue to be "you" existing in a dream state where you learn to Control your "dreams", also known as heaven :)

Reincarnation is simply that you have come inte close contact with one of these energys that is at the same "energy level" as your own, thereby it rubs of on your own brain, giving you memories and so that belong to the dead persons energy you have come into contact with that is on the same "wavelength as you.

Zam

• Like 1

I Believe that when you die the energy in the brain is released and continue to be "you" existing in a dream state where you learn to Control your "dreams", also known as heaven :)

Reincarnation is simply that you have come inte close contact with one of these energys that is at the same "energy level" as your own, thereby it rubs of on your own brain, giving you memories and so that belong to the dead persons energy you have come into contact with that is on the same "wavelength as you.

Zam

Interesting idea!

Yet not a single memory of a life on another planet ( a real one and not that fantastical garbage of cities made of gems and/or gold where everyone floats off the ground and spews rainbows out of their....ears)

• Like 1

Biblically there definitely isn't reincarnation. It speaks our time in heaven as forever. Same with the folks who don't make it in.

Also Jesus loved all the disciples. Including Judas. 'what greater love is there then a man laying his life down for his friends?'

Yet not a single memory of a life on another planet ( a real one and not that fantastical garbage of cities made of gems and/or gold where everyone floats off the ground and spews rainbows out of their....ears)

Actually I've read accounts from so called indigo children that do claim incarnations on other worlds.

"To be born, die, again be reborn, and so progress unceasingly, such is the law"

- Allan Kardec

Recincarnation makes sense as a way for the soul, or spirit to improve and make progress. Let's say an invidividual has failed in life or died prematurely of natural causes, why he/she couldn't get another shot, or even many more at living? Wouldn't a just God allows us to make amend and be able to access that which we couldn't in previous lives? If we are here right now incarnated in human form, how can we really be sure we haven't been there in the past, on Earth or elsewhere?

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 2

Yes-- I believe.

And it's 100% biblical, unless you don't believe what the Christ said.

• Like 1

Jesus said: "you must be born again."

That's what he said. He didn't qualify it. But Christians will be quick to tell you he didn't mean it.

Lucky for us, he explained it further for us, himself.

Did he mean re-enter your mother's womb? "No," he told Nicodemus. You are only physically born once in a body of flesh. Your spirit is a different thing though. "You don't know where it came from or where it goes. It's like the wind."

Here, then gone, then here again.

• Like 2

Why does the Earths population go up?

Extra souls being draughted in from external sources?

Im merely adressing the fact that there are many accounts of children seemingly recalling past lives, and when investigated these claims are often incredibly accurate and precise, with the children's stories actually matching up with someones past life,

At no point was i defending anything, i was bringing forward information for Austin who seemed completely unaware that there is possible evidence for reincarnation

Accounts and possible evidence.
What are you gaining from this personal "attack"?
Please explain how I'm personally attacking you? I'm only showing that for two very similar ideas you accept accounts and possible evidence for reincarnation yet for guardian angels you require proof.

You're assuming that the Earth is the only habitable world in the Universe. It most probably isn't.

Edited by EEHC