Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anti-ageing dog trial could add four years

Still Waters

Experiencing the death of a family dog is a miserable rite of passage for children and adults alike, but now scientists are conducting trials to try and increase the lifespan of pets.

Some dogs have been known to survive until they are 29, and in the wild they live longer than household pets, so scientists are confident that animals have it in them to stay healthy for longer than they do presently.

http://www.telegraph...four-years.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fred_mc

• Still Waters

• Taun

• Frank Merton

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be awesome indeed... Something that loving, caring and absolutely devoted, deserves to have a much longer life...

I want my pets to live forever, but I want to know the price it would have to pay to live longer... because loving includes letting go for the benefit of the other.

That would great, especially for people with service dogs. It might be worth the price compared to cost of replacing a service dog.

Lucas-and-Juno-640kgs12612.jpg

THIS IS SUCH A LOVELY POTENTIAL BREAKTHROUGH! I used to have dreams that some of my beloved dogs were still alive, decades after they have been dead, then I woke up and realized it was all a dream.

The reason dogs in the wild live longer on average than domestic dogs is the "pure breed" garbage. Get a mongrel and he or she will live much longer.

If it works both on mice and on dogs, I think it may very well work on humans too. After all, we are quite genetically similar (many experiments done on mice apply for humans too).

Edited by fred_mc