Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London man attacked, "This is for Syria"

seeder

Ban Machetes

They are obviously the problem.

It's a good thing that he didn't have access to an automatic weapon though.

Edit: I know that you're trying but let's not turn this into another gun debate, 'kay?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

A stabbing at a Tube station in east London is being treated as a "terrorist incident", the Met Police has said.

Police were called to reports of people being attacked at Leytonstone station just after 19:00 GMT.

A man was arrested after being Tasered by police. One man suffered serious knife injuries while two others received minor injuries.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Counter-Terrorism Command are now investigating the incident.

The Met said the suspect was reportedly threatening other people with a knife.

A witness told the BBC he saw a man holding a knife, about 3ins (7.5cm) long, standing over another man who was lying on the ground, and people running out of the Central Line station.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35018789

the fundamental rights from the islamic fundamentalists are exactly what we should be taking away.........

You still have to have laws and civilised and social rules or there would be anarchy, everyone will want to do exactly as they like. We live in a civilised society,

we have spent years finding ways to live together with our fellow man of other cultures and other religions, things are still not perfect, but now we have a band of people who want to live under their own laws, they have a right to do that but NOT in a country which stopped barbaric practices years ago and after much deaths.

NO MAN has the right to stand on the streets of England spurting hatred against the country he has been allowed to live in... why should I and others who want to live in peace, be subjected to this?

That's not quite what you were saying earlier about banning the religion of Islam in the West. In case you don't know, not all muslims are fundamentalists.

Why should they have their rights of practicing this religion taken away because of some extremists?

Edited by EEHC

I am freinds with a few Somali americans. They are pretty muslim. None of them would hurt a fly dude...

Premise A is a B

Premise A is also a C

Conclusion Therefore, all Bs are Cs

That's how it works with the simple-minded when it comes to muslims.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 2

This is such a snowball effect, it's only going to get worse before it gets better. With the holidays coming who knows where or when an attack will take place, this is just sad.

• Like 9

What I really hope what does not happen is people of other religions being mistaken for a muslim just because of their colour or country of origin.

We can not get into a situation where a middle eastern person who is not wearing the muslim attire ...because he is not muslim, gets classed as a radical........TBO we should not have got into a position where a muslim is seen as a threat or a hater of the west, but we have been and it frightens me to think that while we have to deal with the radicals, we will soon be in a situation where we have to deal with the retaliators.

generally a muslim who is not intent on integration will be wearing their muslim gear....I want to say on one side, this is the wrong statement to make, but again, in hindsight, it seems to be emerging this is the case.

For all the mosques where the radicals go to, the "moderate" muslims also went there.....they did nothing to stop the radicals preaching their hate, they must have known what was going on in their mosques.

But we know many will keep shut, for their safety!! the barbaric sharia laws are here in the muslim communities and here in England!!

How much did the mothers of the new generation do to make sure their sons did not become indoctrinated: or eventheir daughters::::

There was a programme on the other night about muslim mothers who took their children to their "meetings" and their children were free to run about while the women preached hatred against the west and how islam was the only true religion.

The pattern is showing that for all those who have murdered in the name of islam, we then hear from others how nice they were, so who can we trust? Are all muslims nice, but susceptible to a radical change because of their religious belief?.....can we keep taking that chance?

I know many muslims have expressed their "disgussed! at what is happening , but is this a cover? are they playing the "nice" game?

This truly is a very sad situation.....not just for westerners, but for all those from all over the world who are not involved in any of this barbaric side of the religion.

I hope no one starts attacking Muslims in the US or people they think is Muslim. I bet most here can't tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh. I just learned a few years ago there was such a religion. Use to pay little attention to religion but anymore how can you help it.

When you think about it, pray 5 times a day, that's excessive, that might be a type of self brain washing. You raise a kid making them do this I can see how they might turn out radical especially if this is preached at their mosque. Not to mention the whole village wanting to see a little girl punished because she may have burned a page in the Koran. How idiotic is that and we are bringing that mentality here and into Europe.

I want to be more open to Muslims but when I read the things that go on in Muslim controlled countries that most Muslims think is just fine I don't see how we can mix. I really don't, not if they believe totally in the Koran.

• Like 7

I hope no one starts attacking Muslims in the US or people they think is Muslim. I bet most here can't tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh. I just learned a few years ago there was such a religion. Use to pay little attention to religion but anymore how can you help it.

When you think about it, pray 5 times a day, that's excessive, that might be a type of self brain washing. You raise a kid making them do this I can see how they might turn out radical especially if this is preached at their mosque. Not to mention the whole village wanting to see a little girl punished because she may have burned a page in the Koran. How idiotic is that and we are bringing that mentality here and into Europe.

I want to be more open to Muslims but when I read the things that go on in Muslim controlled countries that most Muslims think is just fine I don't see how we can mix. I really don't, not if they believe totally in the Koran.

You raise a lot of points, but my comment is directed at only the bolded part/

I don't really care about anyone's religion. I find them equally bizarre.

• Like 1

I have just made a point of this in my pretty long winded post.

This should not be the case in a western country.....but the fact that we know it is, shows that the barbaric side of islam is here.

People have left muslim countries to escape this kind of living, so how the heck are they still living in fear when they arrive in a western country? Unless they are not living in fear, but living exactly the way they want to, under islam.

I truly feel for those who are living in fear in those muslim countries, but for those who have moved and set up home in a free country....why continue to live under the those laws and culture, if you want to live like that, why leave your country of origin in the first place?

Another thing which I have said before : if we went to war with a muslim country, how many muslims here would stand by England?

The Koran is messed up. You can pull beautiful things out of it, and bad things (ol pick and choose). My opinion is all Abrahamic Religions share the blame. It's all the reworking of the same old fairy tales.

I say not to ban Religion, but give it what it deserves. That's of course being no respect.

To sort of answer your last question.

Koran 3:103

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

• Like 1

Where does this hate of the west come from? I guess we need to stop toppling evil dictators like Saddam, Assad, Mubarak etc. Let evil govern evil.

• Like 2

There are no good people in the world, same as relegion, all bad

I actually agree with you on this. No person is "good" by nature. The good in us, in our societies, comes from a willingness to live together and to restrain our baser instincts for the reward of peace and safety. This scourge of anti social, murderous behavior in the name of "god" will destroy that contract we in the West have kept for centuries. Those who keep speaking about Islam as a peaceful religion are just in denial of the facts that are plain to any rational person today. The idea that "only" about 1 in 5 of it's adherents are willing to do violence to achieve the Sharia and to rule over all nations is somehow not an unacceptable issue is mind boggling to me. I remember thinking that Bin Laden had started a war on 9-11 that would signal the end of things as we've known them all my life. I think I was correct. There are few Muslims in the area I live in but I refuse to be lowered to the level of the jihadis and hate those people just because of their faith. I will judge them based on their behavior only. Unfortunately, with such aspects of the religion as taqiyya and kithman - lying out right or not telling the whole truth - to keep the religion safe, I cannot actually trust. But that does not mean that individuals cannot be given benefit of doubt in most cases.
  • Like 2

Freedom of thought and freedom of religion is embedded into our Western constitutions. If you're not happy with that you can always try communist China.

And both had severe restrictions placed on them in WWII so that our democracies could survive the onslaught of a true evil. The constitutions of Western countries were never intended to be suicide pacts.
  • Like 1

You raise a lot of points, but my comment is directed at only the bolded part/

I don't really care about anyone's religion. I find them equally bizarre.

Fair enough. Do you also find them equally violent and destructive of peace and order in the countries they migrate to?
  • Like 4

I know many muslims have expressed their "disgussed! at what is happening , but is this a cover? are they playing the "nice" game

I believe it's the "nice" game.

I feel their "so called" disgust and / or not condoning these acts of terrorism towards the West - falls well short of being sincere.

I feel it is a staged act to tell us what 'we want to hear' because we 'expect it'.

Behind closed doors - they probably 'quietly' celebrate..... as they are much more careful of being too 'LOUD' - hence having been caught on video celebrating in the past - including the so called 'moderate' Muslims.

With the recent San Bernardino shooting in California for eg; - I am wondering what the grandparents and / or other relatives will eventually tell the 6 month old child (that was left behind) of what her murderous parents did back in 2015.

Will they explain to her what a shocking and terrible tragedy it was - and nobody understood the reason of why they did it ?

Or - will they tell her how brave and heroic they were - by killing the wicked infidels - in the name of Islam ?

Hence the cycle continues.....

@ I also hope the poor man who was attacked at the station in London by this lunatic will recover quickly.

Warmest wishes to him and his family.

• Like 7

And both had severe restrictions placed on them in WWII so that our democracies could survive the onslaught of a true evil. The constitutions of Western countries were never intended to be suicide pacts.

Actually it took World War II to warn us of the perils of fascism. We fought this war to protect the four freedoms.

''Governments then committed themselves to establishing the United Nations, with the primary goal of bolstering international peace and preventing conflict. People wanted to ensure that never again would anyone be unjustly denied life, freedom, food, shelter, and nationality. The essence of these emerging human rights principles was captured in President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s 1941 State of the Union Address when he spoke of a world founded on four essential freedoms: freedom of speech and religion and freedom from want and fear (See Using Human Rights Here & Now). The calls came from across the globe for human rights standards to protect citizens from abuses by their governments, standards against which nations could be held accountable for the treatment of those living within their borders. These voices played a critical role in the San Francisco meeting that drafted the United Nations Charter in 1945.''

https://www1.umn.edu...ort-history.htm

Edited by EEHC

Damn.

Yea we might have a problem.

Except that the vast majority of Islamist attacks happened in the Middle-East and Africa where those extremist groups are operating. Nothing new there.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 1

Except that the vast majority Islamist attacks happened in the Middle-East and Africa where those extremist groups are operating. Nothing new there.

The American flag was on there more times than I would have liked it to be.

• Like 5

Except that the vast majority Islamist attacks happened in the Middle-East and Africa where those extremist groups are operating. Nothing new there.

I like you, you are rational.

Unfortunately most of humanity works on this logic "Tonight I was eating my pork chop. 3/4 through I got a bite that was raw. This ruined my meal. Why did the cook not cook my dinner better?"...only they apply that logic to Islam. Most Muslims are fine, but the one or two that murder people in a gruesome manner tend to get the spotlight.

And in the Occidental world we do tend to think that Islam should police itself. Mother's should beat the dumb outta their kids so that they don't fly planes into towers or gun down their coworkers.

• Like 3

I like you, you are rational.

Unfortunately most of humanity works on this logic "Tonight I was eating my pork chop. 3/4 through I got a bite that was raw. This ruined my meal. Why did the cook not cook my dinner better?"...only they apply that logic to Islam. Most Muslims are fine, but the one or two that murder people in a gruesome manner tend to get the spotlight.

And in the Occidental world we do tend to think that Islam should police itself. Mother's should beat the dumb outta their kids so that they don't fly planes into towers or gun down their coworkers.

Islamist terrorism is a challenge to the West, especially with this ISIS-'Caliphate' & wannabe copycats but let's not blown it out of proportion. In fact, between 1980 and 2005, 94% of all terrorist attacks in the U.S. were carried by non-muslims according to the FBI: http://www.thedailyb...even-close.html

Edited by EEHC

Here is a little something that is a bit disturbing when you start thinking about it;

https://en.wikipedia...rrorist_attacks

I don't know if maybe it is from more world communication, or if Muslims are actually stepping up overall. But damn it is scary either way.

I'll just look, for fairness if there is a Christian version of that site.

EDIT: Seems the list is a lot shorter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 4

I really don't care what anyone thinks, there are no good muslims. Not a single one. Because they all stand around and do nothing to stop this hate. This religion need to be completely at totally destroyed. It's a virus of the mind.

That's like saying there are no good people because nobody is stopping human trafficking, drugs and organized crime.

The American flag was on there more times than I would have liked it to be.

I don't know but I can't help wondering that if the West did not pursue a policy of intervention and destabilization in the Mid-East, there would be less. We can't ignore the fact when considering this phenomenon that we (and particularly the U.S.) have been involved militarily in the Mid-East for decades.

The West has been pushing for regime change here, supporting rebels there while creating unholy alliances. This made us a target for the radical Islamists.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 5

I don't know but I can't help wondering that if the West did not pursue a policy of intervention and destabilization in the Mid-East, there would be less. We can't ignore the fact when considering this phenomenon that we (and particularly the U.S.) have been involved militarily in the Mid-East for more than a decade.

I agree