Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London man attacked, "This is for Syria"

seeder

I don't know but I can't help wondering that if the West did not pursue a policy of intervention and destabilization in the Mid-East, there would be less. We can't ignore the fact when considering this phenomenon that we (and particularly the U.S.) have been involved militarily in the Mid-East for more than a decade.

The West has been pushing for regime change here, supporting rebels there and grappling with entangling alliances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Culwell_Center_attack

These were free men living in a free society that were offended by the free expression of free speech.

They came from my hometown.

If you want people to respect your faith, don't pickup a gun and drive to murder people who enjoy free speech.

• Like 4

https://en.wikipedia...l_Center_attack

These were free men living in a free society that were offended by the free expression of free speech.

They came from my hometown.

If you want people to respect your faith, don't pickup a gun and drive to murder people who enjoy free speech.

I've heard that muslims in the West usually don't like to see their Prophet depicted but they don't kill for that. A radical Islamist, however, is a different story.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 1

Well, two questions; (1) which part of "Syria" does he claim to be speaking on behalf of? there are as we know a lot of disputing factions there, that's the trouble, and (2) has Mr. Cameron explained yet how his blitz on Syria would have prevented this? If you could explain, thx, mr. C.

Alternatively it might just be, you know, one of those old fashioned Violent Crimes, which the Old Bill aren't too concerned about, they're only interested in Terrorist Incidents because they're so much more dramatic.

- post removed -

And this got eight likes. You don't think this displays every bit as much an extremist state of mind as the "evil" you talk about eradicating? But I wouldn't expect anyone to see an irony there.
  • Like 3

I've heard that muslims in the West usually don't like to see their Prophet depicted but they don't kill for that. A radical Islamist, however, is a different story.

I don't like to see nuns (The Brides of Christ) being violated by tentacles and guns and other hideous things......yet several Japanese artists/directors/producers/consumers do.

You know how I react? By saying gross and moving on.

The only time I ever think about it is when wild boys start shooting over cartoons.

Freedom means that you are going to see things that offend you.

Being an adult means saying "wow, that's offensive" and then being done with it without killing anyone over it.

god-and-gun.jpg

Very offensive in the context of faith.

In reality, an awesome painting redone for the express propose of offending....how many people were murdered, threatened or oppressed because of this painting?

Wipe that smile off your face before you answer.

• Like 3

I don't know but I can't help wondering that if the West did not pursue a policy of intervention and destabilization in the Mid-East, there would be less. We can't ignore the fact when considering this phenomenon that we (and particularly the U.S.) have been involved militarily in the Mid-East for decades.

The West has been pushing for regime change here, supporting rebels there while creating unholy alliances. This made us a target for the radical Islamists.

The fact that there was virtually no Islamic fundamentalist terror before Certain Intelligence Agencies began supporting the gallant Mujahideen in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Russkies might perhaps make one think, if someone was willing to think rather than just opt for the kneejerk "eradicate the whole evil death cult" response.
  • Like 3

The fact that there was virtually no Islamic fundamentalist terror before Certain Intelligence Agencies began supporting the gallant Mujahideen in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Russkies might perhaps make one think, if someone was willing to think rather than just opt for the kneejerk "eradicate the whole evil death cult" response.

aid-poster.jpg

From soldier of fortune.....just saying.......(and yes, I do own a this very issue as well)

• Like 2

I like "Pro-Western resistance groups selected by SOF staff". The Good rebels. :yes:

• Like 1

I don't know but I can't help wondering that if the West did not pursue a policy of intervention and destabilization in the Mid-East, there would be less. We can't ignore the fact when considering this phenomenon that we (and particularly the U.S.) have been involved militarily in the Mid-East for decades.

The West has been pushing for regime change here, supporting rebels there while creating unholy alliances. This made us a target for the radical Islamists.

I got to go to work now, but will be back later....just quickly saying....THIS I agree with. I was against the war in Iraq and am against the west going into bombing these counties.

I always said the best person to run an Arab country was an Arab.

What they did to Saddam was murder!

But the islamists are not new, the west has just given them the "passport and in many cases the arms" to spread around the world.

We allowed them into our countries and we allowed them to flourish.

But I am an innocent person who does not agree with the wests "interventions" and do not give a damn about oil, but now the innocent people are under threat...this is a problem.

Islam is a religion of peace.

I'm Not so sure about that

Edited by MissJatti

Islam is a religion of peace.

I'm Not so sure about that

Some people practice Islam peacefully. Others choose to focus in on the violent elements. All of the Abrahamic religions contain aspects of violence.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims world wide and if even 10% of them adopt the Radicalized Extremist version of Islam we have a real problem. The King of Jordan has been very clear stating that he views this issue as a struggle for the soul of Islam...I agree with him.

And this got eight likes. You don't think this displays every bit as much an extremist state of mind as the "evil" you talk about eradicating? But I wouldn't expect anyone to see an irony there.

You expect me to care. A lot of people are extremely tired of these types of actions across the world. A p***ed off group of idiots killing others based on primitive ideologies. We are all growing tired. Lives that should not have been lost are because of them. Their violence may never end but it needs dealing with, with an iron fist. It's a disease of the mind. A mental illness.

• Like 4

And how many times have did that xenofish, the west caused all this by removing powerful leaders

You raise a lot of points, but my comment is directed at only the bolded part/

I don't really care about anyone's religion. I find them equally bizarre.

They all may be equally bizarre to you but only one is turning out terrorists by the thousands. So you really don't have the luxury of not caring about someones religion.
  • Like 3

NO.... WE DON'T.. we are NOT responsible for the actions of our MURDERERS!! Damn this equivalency and all who proclaim it today!
  • Like 4

Premise A is a B

Premise A is also a C

Conclusion Therefore, all Bs are Cs

That's how it works with the simple-minded when it comes to muslims.

Are you talking about Muslims or bra sizes.

I think the world has bent over backwards for Muslims trying to fair and welcome them into their countries trying not to judge all on the basis of a few hundred thousand extremists. Yet when they get to our countries many seem to still want Sharia law and think we should change for them and these are the moderates. They yell at women that are wearing short dresses, still think men are better than women and believe in honor killings, believe non Muslims are all infidels. So how do you separate them?

When they get jobs here employers are expected to respect their religious beliefs and if you don't you get sued, which isn't right. If you can't do a job because of your religion, any religion, then why in the world would you take that job to begin with. I think there should be laws to protect employers from religious persecution. If its required in the job description and your religion prevents you from doing that job you should be fired.

• Like 8

You can go back a lot further than that.

http://www.freerepub...s/1993321/posts

Thanks for posting this. Some of those attacks I don't even remember and others I had forgotten about. Between your link and Bubblykiss's it proves that terrorism is growing. Guess we have been fighting terrorism since Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy.

From your link.

June 5 - U.S. presidential candidate Robert Kennedy murdered by Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan, in Los Angeles, which causes further terrorist attacks, as Arab terrorist groups demanded his release.

• Like 4

Haven't we had these conversations enough now that we can drop the apologetic generalities? We KNOW that not all Muslims are bad. We KNOW there can be bad in any religion. That doesn't mean Islam itself is not still the problem. More so than any other religion, despite how several members here like to lump it in with "all religions" to dilute the negative impact it has.

On that note, I'm not convinced that Western intervention is the reason behind extreme Islam.it might have been the catalyst for some attacks, but we didn't write the Koran. Any lunatic can pick up that book and follow it to the letter with no reason or cause. Then who do we blame? The words were on the pages long before America even existed.

Like Christians with tattoos, "moderate" Muslims are simply choosing to apply the good moral fabric of their holy book to a 2015 lifestyle. That doesn't mean barbaric practices aren't part of the doctrine.

Finally, can we all agree to stop labelling religion as a general stain on humanity? Most religions are esoteric, polytheistic and peaceful. It's the Abrahamic religions, for whatever reason, that seem to be the antithesis to the rest.

• Like 3

Ban Machetes

They are obviously the problem.

The difference is in both of these cases, the victim number was low...and they all lived through it.

Some real disgusting, shallow, racist comments on this thread. The mindnumbing irony is ofcourse, these people are kindred spirits of the very extremists they love to hate. Wielding a simplistic, black and white worldview; passionately adhering to the West Vs East narrative 'We good, They bad'. Labelling all Muslims criminal - not held back by any level of situational and/or historical awareness - because some of the extremists 'came home to roost' after the West left the ME a burning hell hole.

First you people let yourselves be deceived in waging war after war, killing thousands of US citizens and hundreds of thousands locals.. leaving each nation in utter chaos. You subsequently cheer on the all out support of the socalled FSA in the latest instance - who everyone knows consists of loosely organised pockets of 'moderate and not so moderate' terrorists - inadvertantly indirectly or directly supporting ISIS in their combined efforts against Assad, while screaming bloody murder at all the grand scale terror that ensues. To top it off with letting yourselves be swayed into hating and dehumanizing a whole religion consisting of ~1.6 billion people, if and when any real lashback reaches the home terf. The level of simplistic bigotry you hear in this context is sickening, it really is.

If anything is a threat to world peace, civilisation.. It is this state of mind, these sort of people. The Western extremist.

• Like 1

And how many times have did that xenofish, the west caused all this by removing powerful leaders

They did not exactly cause it, the Islamic fundamentalists have been around for a long time, but what has happened now is they have been allowed into other countries to flourish and continue their quest for Islamic laws and ways there....this is where the west have bad a big mistake, by allowing them to preach their hate and practice their religion.

many moons ago some of us where expressing our concerns about muslim communities not intent on integrating and preaching what we saw as anti western views, we were told we were racist and not being tolerant to their religion.

Now we are seeing the results of years of breeding new generations of children being brought up the muslim "only" way.

I am dubious about the "good" muslim today, we are hearing about how nice they were before they blew up or shot innocent people, how many more "good" muslims are on the edge to do the same or are actually seeing these radicals as martyrs?

• Like 3

Thanks for posting this. Some of those attacks I don't even remember and others I had forgotten about. Between your link and Bubblykiss's it proves that terrorism is growing. Guess we have been fighting terrorism since Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy.

From your link.

I can remember some of this. I clearly remember the assassination of Kennedy, Sadat and the attempt on Pope John Paul II. I will never forget watching the '72 Munich Olympics. The world watched a terrorist attack live on television. I remember a lot of airplane hijackings, but not so much the specific details. I do remember the Iranian hostage crisis in 1979. I can also remember all the talk about the "Jackal". That according to the list was 1975. I graduated high school the year before.

There may even have been incidents pre-dating the Kennedy assassination.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

I can remember some of this. I clearly remember the assassination of Kennedy, Sadat and the attempt on Pope John Paul II. I will never forget watching the '72 Munich Olympics. The world watched a terrorist attack live on television. I remember a lot of airplane hijackings, but not so much the specific details. I do remember the Iranian hostage crisis in 1979. I can also remember all the talk about the "Jackal". That according to the list was 1975. I graduated high school the year before.

Incidents WELL pre dated the Kennedy assassination:

I do believe many people have never heard about the assassins.

http://historyofislam.com/the-assassins/

• Like 2

This is why it seems crazy to me when people want to blame one country for all this. This region of the world has had issues for a very long time. It is complicated

People can place blame by going all the way back to the Ottoman empire if they really wanted.

But really everyone should be thinking about solutions instead of trying to place blame.

• Like 3

Incidents WELL pre dated the Kennedy assassination:

I do believe many people have never heard about the assassins.

http://historyofisla.../the-assassins/

This is why it seems crazy to me when people want to blame one country for all this. This region of the world has had issues for a very long time. It is complicated

People can place blame by going all the way back to the Ottoman empire if they really wanted.

But really everyone should be thinking about solutions instead of trying to place blame.

If you look at the attacks in the 60's and 70's, most of them happened in Europe, not the US. It amazes me now how naive we chose to be back then, even with world leaders being assassinated. We thought we had all the answers. The thought that one day there would be deaths of regular citizens in major cities around the world wasn't even in the realm of ideas of things that would happen in the future. I don't know what it will take for people to pull their heads out of their ***es and realize just how all this has escalated and what horrible events the future still holds.

• Like 3