Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London man attacked, "This is for Syria"

seeder

Incidents WELL pre dated the Kennedy assassination:

I do believe many people have never heard about the assassins.

http://historyofisla.../the-assassins/

Sounds like they have been going at it since the beginning of Islam. We just made the mistake of getting in the middle of it.
  • Like 5

Some real disgusting, shallow, racist comments on this thread. The mindnumbing irony is ofcourse, these people are kindred spirits of the very extremists they love to hate. Wielding a simplistic, black and white worldview; passionately adhering to the West Vs East narrative 'We good, They bad'. Labelling all Muslims criminal - not held back by any level of situational and/or historical awareness - because some of the extremists 'came home to roost' after the West left the ME a burning hell hole.

First you people let yourselves be deceived in waging war after war, killing thousands of US citizens and hundreds of thousands locals.. leaving each nation in utter chaos. You subsequently cheer on the all out support of the socalled FSA in the latest instance - who everyone knows consists of loosely organised pockets of 'moderate and not so moderate' terrorists - inadvertantly indirectly or directly supporting ISIS in their combined efforts against Assad, while screaming bloody murder at all the grand scale terror that ensues. To top it off with letting yourselves be swayed into hating and dehumanizing a whole religion consisting of ~1.6 billion people, if and when any real lashback reaches the home terf. The level of simplistic bigotry you hear in this context is sickening, it really is.

If anything is a threat to world peace, civilisation.. It is this state of mind, these sort of people. The Western extremist.

The mind numbing irony is that Islam or Muslims is not a race.

Yes it's a knee jerk reaction via anger. Yes there's irony that they do not have to live in the turmoil called the ME. Yes I wish the West would leave and leave the division of fairy tales to it's own.

What you label the western extremist is by Tongues. Sure they can join the military and hope for some ME action. Chances are they will not. When they gather in large crowds and overrun a Mosque killing all occupants, then you can talk.

The biggest threat to civilization is fairy tales believed as reality. To me this includes all Abrahamic based religions because it's a cancer of delusion.

One thing that everyone has been doing, Government and Media and everyone in this thread, of course, is dignifying the thug by calling him a "Terrorist" and a "fanatic" who wants to destroy Western civilization. All one has to do to rise above the common herd of violent, but essentially insignificant, criminals is to shout some non sequitur about Syria or Allah or something. Then you're automatically a member of a great fiendish multinational terrorist conspiracy from whom nowhere on earth is safe. How much more important it must make him feel to know this. i expect people are going to, if they haven't already, call him a "lone Wolf". It's all just glamourising him.

* I wonder how many knife related crimes there've been in London in, say, the last week. How many of them were ever mentioned beyond a paragraph in the Evening Standard or Metro. That's because they didn't shout something about Syria. See, it gets you all the publicity you crave!

• Like 3

One thing that everyone has been doing, Government and Media and everyone in this thread, of course, is dignifying the thug by calling him a "Terrorist" and a "fanatic" who wants to destroy Western civilization. All one has to do to rise above the common herd of violent, but essentially insignificant, criminals is to shout some non sequitur about Syria or Allah or something. Then you're automatically a member of a great fiendish multinational terrorist conspiracy from whom nowhere on earth is safe. How much more important it must make him feel to know this. i expect people are going to, if they haven't already, call him a "lone Wolf". It's all just glamourising him.

* I wonder how many knife related crimes there've been in London in, say, the last week. How many of them were ever mentioned beyond a paragraph in the Evening Standard or Metro. That's because they didn't shout something about Syria. See, it gets you all the publicity you crave!

As the Berlin Wall fell I thought to myself "well now it is China or Islam". True story.

• Like 2

NO.... WE DON'T.. we are NOT responsible for the actions of our MURDERERS!! Damn this equivalency and all who proclaim it today!

We're responsible for OUR actions. That is, the destabilization of Middle-East countries for decades now, empowering and drawing the radical Islamists on us.

Interventionism And Terrorism: Two Sides Of The Same Coin - Ron Paul:

http://sputniknews.c...-terrorism.html

Edited by EEHC

We're responsible for OUR actions. That is, the destabilization of Middle-East countries for decades now, empowering and drawing the radical Islamists on us.

Interventionism And Terrorism: Two Sides Of The Same Coin - Ron Paul:

http://sputniknews.c...-terrorism.html

Is the call for a Muslim global caliphate a response to Western intervention? How about the belief that blowing yourself up will get you in to paradise?

Let's not forget "Jihadi John" was a UK citizen with a full-time job - far removed from any Western occupation in the Middle East. How does someone like him fit in to this narrative of Imperialism?

I need to re-post that ISIS joke. A lot of apologists are digging deep for any excuse to give ISIS that doesn't involve religion. Once again, despite ISIS literally broadcasting their motives, message and meaning.

• Like 3

A lot of people are very eager to see ISIS's tentacles of terror everywhere, as a global network of evil the like of which the world has never seen before. Thereby giving any nutcase who picks up a knife and shouts something about Syria all the credibility they could possibly hope for. I mean, the response to this incident has been pure hysteria, pure terror. Talking about giving them (if this person was indeed a member of Them) just what they want.

Edited by Norbert the Powerful
  • Like 2

Sounds like they have been going at it since the beginning of Islam. We just made the mistake of getting in the middle of it.

You might want to research the origins and interlinking relation of the Sabians (Harran), the Ismailis and the Hashashiyyin.

Deception, cloak & dagger tactics are by no means inherently 'Islamic'. Rather, the complete opposite. This might sound 'out there', but every single (major) religion has been (at least) partly hijacked. You could reject this information as being 'conpirtacy nutter' nonsense, but you would be, quite simply.. wrong. Again, sadly reality isnt that simple, isnt that black & white.

Edited by Phaeton80

You might want to research the origins and interlinking relation of the Sabians (Harran), the Ismailis and the Hashashiyyin.

Deception, cloak & dagger tactics are by no means inherently 'Islamic'. Rather, the complete opposite. This might sound 'out there', but every single (major) religion has been (at least) partly hijacked. You could reject this information as being 'conpirtacy nutter' nonsense, but you would be, quite simply.. wrong. Again, sadly reality isnt that simple, isnt that black & white.

I've read the stories and yes at one time most religions had their barbaric side but fortunately most religions have grown past that but with Islam it continues. I know even today other religous fanatics outside of Islam can be violent and kill people but they are usually small groups that usually don't venture out of their own community. Not that makes it okay.

I've never met a Kurd and only know what I have read but overall they seem to be a shining beacon of equality for women in the ME. Wish they had their own country. They would run Turkey better than Erdogan. I guess anyway you know how people can change when given power.

• Like 1

I've read the stories and yes at one time most religions had their barbaric side but fortunately most religions have grown past that but with Islam it continues. I know even today other religous fanatics outside of Islam can be violent and kill people but they are usually small groups that usually don't venture out of their own community. Not that makes it okay.

I've never met a Kurd and only know what I have read but overall they seem to be a shining beacon of equality for women in the ME. Wish they had their own country. They would run Turkey better than Erdogan. I guess anyway you know how people can change when given power.

Interesting how our "valued allies" in the fight against extremism (most particularly Turkey and S. Arabia) are among the most extremist (Turkey is certainly going that way), i suppose that's the right kind of extremism, or at least the one we can look the other way at.
  • Like 2

Interesting how our "valued allies" in the fight against extremism (most particularly Turkey and S. Arabia) are among the most extremist (Turkey is certainly going that way), i suppose that's the right kind of extremism, or at least the one we can look the other way at.

The Kurds are really our best allies. I don't think they always get treated right in all of this. Erdogan would like to kill them all.

The EU isn't going to do a thing about Erdogan as long as he keeps out the refugees. It seems like blackmail to me, Turkey will keep out the refugees if we talk about Turkey becoming a EU member. This may also be a reason he isn't being kicked out of NATO.

Which I think other countries should be helping Turkey, Jordan and Lebannon with the cost of the refugees. I'm just not sure if this isn't being used as political leverage.

Of course we know why we put up with SA, oil. The last thing you want to happen is SA turned into Syria. I hope at some point they lighten up on their Sharia law or that place will implode one day. Some of the things they punish people for is crazy and the punishment often extreme.

feel bad for Londoners, it most likely not the last time it happens, it happens in Israel almost daily, they deal with it pretty effectively

• Like 1

feel bad for Londoners, it most likely not the last time it happens, it happens in Israel almost daily, they deal with it pretty effectively

By erecting giant walls and a specialized task force (IDF). London would have to become essentially a militarized zone to have the same effectiveness, but then we're back to walking that fine line of freedom/security

Saudi Arabia is great cannon fodder to use against any one that still believes America is trying to make the world a better place.

Edited by Dark_Grey

A lot of people are very eager to see ISIS's tentacles of terror everywhere, as a global network of evil the like of which the world has never seen before. Thereby giving any nutcase who picks up a knife and shouts something about Syria all the credibility they could possibly hope for. I mean, the response to this incident has been pure hysteria, pure terror. Talking about giving them (if this person was indeed a member of Them) just what they want.

A terrorism charge will get you a lot more time in a Federal Prison, which isn't like doing 5 yrs. in a State Prison for assault. Watch what you ask for!!

I hope we get news soon of who this crazy man was who attacked this person - and any possible terrorist connections he may be involved with.

Either way - he is obviously another ISIS sympathizer.

One more less off the streets.

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

Is the call for a Muslim global caliphate a response to Western intervention? How about the belief that blowing yourself up will get you in to paradise?

Let's not forget "Jihadi John" was a UK citizen with a full-time job - far removed from any Western occupation in the Middle East. How does someone like him fit in to this narrative of Imperialism?

We've given ample room for extremist groups to expand their operations, impose their religious ideology and thrive in Iraq and Syria. This has grown into the ISIS phenomenon that the likes of ''Jihadi John'' have been lured into. Now we're trying to contain it with the same interventionist mindset that created it. The fact is that they had simply no chance to seize territories and grow until we came in and started removing dictators from power and destabilizing countries.

I need to re-post that ISIS joke. A lot of apologists are digging deep for any excuse to give ISIS that doesn't involve religion. Once again, despite ISIS literally broadcasting their motives, message and meaning.

You can joke about it all you want, I am more interested in how we could have prevented this.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 2

Saudi Arabia is great cannon fodder to use against any one that still believes America is trying to make the world a better place.

Don't forget Sultan Erdogan. Let's see how far they'll allow him to go before the Big O will finally disassociate himself from the petty tyrant.

I hope we get news soon of who this crazy man was who attacked this person - and any possible terrorist connections he may be involved with.

Either way - he is obviously another ISIS sympathizer.

One more less off the streets.

A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after a knife attack at Leytonstone Underground station in east London on Saturday.

Muhyadin Mire, 29, of Sansom Road, east London, was remanded in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

The prosecution team allege that the incident, which left a 56-year-old man with "serious" stab wounds and another injured, was an act of terrorism.

The case will be sent to the Old Bailey for a hearing on 11 December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35023517

• Like 1

Leytonstone Tube stabbing accused Muhaydin Mire's family contacted police three weeks before attack over 'mental health concerns'

Mohamed Mire says his brother Muhaydin spent three months in hospital after being diagnosed with paranoia in 2007

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/leytonstone-tube-stabbing-accused-muhaydin-mires-family-contacted-police-three-weeks-before-attack-a6764276.html

• Like 2

Diagnosed with paranoia? mental health comcerns? But that can't be true, he's the vanguard of an elite force of extremist jihadis who want to impose sharia law. That's what the purveyors of hysteria have been telling us.

• Like 2

This is not what I meant, and this is not the conclusion one would take when tracking back to the Sabians, they were not barbaric. Point is they were not Islamic, but elements feigning just that to achieve certain (political) aspirations. Your comments concerning the obvious 'Islamic' terror spike might have something to do with the facts that:

A - we have made an oil / petrodollar deal with House of Saud that indirectly yet effectively exempted Wahhabism from any real countermeasures, letting it flourish unabated with the profit the Saudi elite amassed from selling their oil and investing in our financial sector;

B - we have made the ME - meaning an inherently Islamic region - a chaos ridden hellhole.. completely & utterly destabilized an already extremely volatile region.

Seriously, if one would set out from the getgo with the intention to build up and cultivate such an extremist criminal group, one would be hardpressed to come up with a better plan than the events we have witnessed ~ the last decade.

If the West truely wants to undermine ISIS, its main feedingtubes, she might want to turn her eyes unto Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE (and Turkey). The fact she explicitly and consciously does not obviously indicates 'a double layer'.. A deeper level of, erm.. 'complexity'.

Edited by Phaeton80

Diagnosed with paranoia? mental health comcerns? But that can't be true, he's the vanguard of an elite force of extremist jihadis who want to impose sharia law. That's what the purveyors of hysteria have been telling us.

Now , now that's just being sarcastic Berty ? :-*

In any form of terrorism 'lone wolves' - with mental health problems are / and can be even more susceptible to being motivated by this ideology.

With groups like ISIL spreading violence in Syria and Iraq – and bloodthirsty rhetoric on the internet – authorities around the world have issued increasingly insistent warnings about the threat posed by lone wolf attackers.

They can be difficult to stop with a counterterrorism strategy geared toward intercepting communications and disrupting plots.

“[solo terrorism] doesn’t take an awful lot of organising. It doesn’t take too many people to conspire together. There’s no great complexity to it,” London police chief Bernard Hogan-Howe said recently. “So what that means is that we have a very short time to interdict, to actually intervene and make sure that these people don’t get away with it.”

New studies have challenged several decades of thinking that psychological problems are only a minor factor in the making of terrorists. The research has instead found a significant link between mental problems and “lone wolf” terrorism.

“It’s never an either-or in terms of ideology versus mental illness,” said Ramon Spaaij, a sociologist at Australia’s Victoria University who conducted a major study of lone wolf extremists, funded by the US Justice Department. “It’s a dangerous cocktail.”

http://www.thenation...-terror-attacks