Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Stanley Kubrick', moon landings faked

seeder

Then you haven't seen enough on the topic. It really is that simple.

I'll ask again...

Cz

that simple ...do you work for Nasa ? i am a conspiracy theorist and i have watched the pro and cons and since i know how things can easily faked ...i simply dont believe . Why would people speak against it ? why did so many people spend money into research to debunk the whole moon landing ? i cant say for sure because i wasnt there but the odds and what people have come up with to debunk the whole issue speaks for itself . And that is my opinion . There are other factors about materials used that i question . The point is ...this thread is under conspiracy and not facts so if i have an opinion . and i lean towards fake ... i am just tired of ppl coming across rather disrespectful , how about being polite . i signed up on UM for same reason others have signed on . some ppl just act like they owe the place ...no need to be hostile there is a report button and ignore . its really simple

• Like 1

that simple ...do you work for Nasa ? i am a conspiracy theorist and i have watched the pro and cons and since i know how things can easily faked ...i simply dont believe . Why would people speak against it ? why did so many people spend money into research to debunk the whole moon landing ? i cant say for sure because i wasnt there but the odds and what people have come up with to debunk the whole issue speaks for itself . And that is my opinion . There are other factors about materials used that i question . The point is ...this thread is under conspiracy and not facts so if i have an opinion . and i lean towards fake ... i am just tired of ppl coming across rather disrespectful , how about being polite . i signed up on UM for same reason others have signed on . some ppl just act like they owe the place ...no need to be hostile there is a report button and ignore . its really simple

Just saying "I don't believe" is not a very helpfull attitude if you wan't the truth. You do want the truth don't you ?

Believe me or not but some of us are here to learn new things and share what we know.

So what is you most most compelling single reason for not believing in the moon landings ?

Please don't repeat the "you weren't there" reason, because if that is the case we can't really discuss anything of value about the past, can we ?

• Like 2

Ya Amar - just pick your BEST evidence - why are you so terrified to do that?

And AFTER you do that, let me know where you require an apology, and I'll take a look and perhaps ask the moderators if they agree. Really, your earlier complaint should have been to them rather than this rather cowardly handwave afterwards.. It seems tactics are your discussion tools, not facts. Change that please.

• Like 3

And to show you how this works, let me address your earlier post, every point:

that simple ...

Ie suitable for simpletons?

do you work for Nasa ?

No, but I know several of those hundreds of thousands who worked on the missions, have briefly met two of the astronauts, have had lengthy technical discussions with many more.. and as a youngster, I had an enormous interest in the technicalities of rocketry and space sciences and how it was all done. Over the years my admiration for the effort and successful achievement has grown, my knowledge also, and I find it very insulting when very silly/ignorant people accuse all the hard working and incredibly knowledgeable people who put the program together of fakery,

i am a conspiracy theorist

Gee, really? Any theory is good enough?

and i have watched the pro and cons and since i know how things can easily faked ...i simply dont believe.

So STOP HANDWAVING. Tell us what your expertise is in, and then nominate the BEST evidence of fakery you have seen.

Why wouldn't you want to show us how smart you are? Or, just perhaps, take the opportunity to LEARN stuff..

And if it is shown to be wrong, then there are some rather serious questions to be asked of your other CT beliefs. Are they based on the same lack of knowledge?

Me, I like to be wrong - by acknowledging my errors and learning from the corrections, my knowledge and wisdom increases. I also like to ASK questions and find out new stuff, and I avoid making claims about stuff I haven't a clue on. That way I avoid the embarrassment heading your way here.

Why would people speak against it ?

Oh for heaven's sake... These folks will decry anything the gubmint does, and of course they then get to feel 'special' because dey join da select groop that knows da troof!!!!

why did so many people spend money into research to debunk the whole moon landing ?

Who, exactly? Let's take a look at their research and see what THEIR favorite is, if you haven't got the courage... These idiots simply repeat other peoples ideas, and their 'research' effort involves nothing but time - no expertise is required, indeed ignorance (especially of the wilful and biased variety) is a help.

i cant say for sure because i wasnt there

Why don't you look at the evidence then? If you have, then post the best you found. If you haven't, then shame on you.

what people have come up with to debunk the whole issue speaks for itself .

No, it dam well doesn't. If you think it does, BRING IT HERE.

And that is my opinion.

And it's a completely unsupported (so far..) and ignorant opinion..

There are other factors about materials used that i question.

Why do you keep handwaving - stop dancing and BRING the 'other factors about materials' here.

i am just tired of ppl coming across rather disrespectful , how about being polite.

Like the same politeness that you have extended to all the people involved in NASA and all their subcontracting industries that you are calling bald faced LIARS? And you refuse to actually offer even ONE shred of evidence of those lies? You get exactly the respect you deserve. Feel free to hit that report button.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4

@ChrLzs and all that feel this way in this thread ...since i was a Teenage girl i liked Quantum Physics that doesnt mean i understand the whole concept i was interested in the Star system that doesnt make me a scientist ...maybe my knowledge compared to others here is limited still it is of interest to me . and if i say that the first Moon landing appears to be fake to me simply because it is MY OPiNiON based on what i saw and read than that should suffice as an answer . And if people belittle rather than come across kind than i refuse to further discuss with them . if people act like adults with out name calling or down themselves by calling others stupid then that is not very mature behavior , is it now ? Just because this is the internet doesnt mean that we can bully others . its a subject not the end of the world . Even if i was sooo stupid as many see me here than so be it than at least offer to teach rather than insult . i have a degree and that must count for something lol .... you dont get a diploma here on this forum so dont take it so serious rather discuss the matter like an adult . As i have said , if you dont like my answer then report it to a MOD or put me on ignore . When i signed up on this site i did read the rules and i try to abide by them to the best of my knowledge . Rather than insult be straight forward and say i dont like you because ... gosh , this seems like a playground for some here if you dont like what you hear you come and destroy my sandcastle ...ease up, its just a discussion and for me that's end of the story !!! And i stick by MY OPiNiON

• Like 1

????

All that just to avoid giving your best shot, and then learning about how you were suckered... Well, it's your choice...

I think it's very sad and frankly, a very bad look. And you are now the one who should apologise for your insult to NASA and others you ignorantly insulted. Would you think it was OK for me to make up some denigrating stuff about your family?

And now you boast you have a degree? Didn't they teach you about logical thinking, how to learn, how to cite claims? You came to this thread for a reason, and you made claims that you have now refused to support amongst a hailstorm of excuses and feigned indignation. And you have the absolute hide to say we are not discussing like adults, when it is YOU who is refusing to discuss anything - you posted a claim and then immediately backpedaled away from it.

You are simply being asked to be responsible for your words, or do the right thing and withdraw them.

You are obviously unwilling to LEARN if you are wrong - clearly that isn't what you are here for...

• Like 2

????

All that just to avoid giving your best shot, and then learning about how you were suckered... Well, it's your choice...

I think it's very sad and frankly, a very bad look. And you are now the one who should apologise for your insult to NASA and others you ignorantly insulted. Would you think it was OK for me to make up some denigrating stuff about your family?

And now you boast you have a degree? Didn't they teach you about logical thinking, how to learn, how to cite claims? You came to this thread for a reason, and you made claims that you have now refused to support amongst a hailstorm of excuses and feigned indignation. And you have the absolute hide to say we are not discussing like adults, when it is YOU who is refusing to discuss anything - you posted a claim and then immediately backpedaled away from it.

You are simply being asked to be responsible for your words, or do the right thing and withdraw them.

You are obviously unwilling to LEARN if you are wrong - clearly that isn't what you are here for...

i would discuss the matter if SOME people showed an inkling of respect instead of pumping their guns ... you upset quite a few people with your '' BEHAViOR '' i will not go into detail anymore .... you can huff and puff all you want but i will not put myself on your level of bad behavior towards others . And i dont have to apologize to Nasa ( lol ) i really dont . Consider this conversation over and have your play ground lol its really not that serious to me ... i hope to be hearing from you in the near future on how you saved the planet instead of pumping tax payers money into something that has no priority . i want to see the world be rescued

i would discuss the matter if SOME people showed an inkling of respect instead of pumping their guns ...

Oh of course you would..... None of this is about avoiding having your beliefs shaken by the truth, oh no, it's all about me being unkind, and thus you will withhold your devastating knowledge and thus punish all of society...

{I'm being sarcastic, in case anyone misses it..}

Next time, if you aren't going to back up ignorant claims, don't make them in the first place.

BTW, does anyone still have any questions about the type of person who thinks Apollo was hoaxed?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

Well, I'm going to throw down my proverbial 2 cents worth here.

I began looking at the 'moon landings were faked' idea many years ago. Frankly, those promoting this hypothesis have absolutely no evidence that can withstand scientific scrutiny. And I mean nothing, zip, zero, nada. However, the scientific evidence for pro-moon landings is literally huge...mountains of evidence no less. The Apollo missions were among the most documented events in all of history.

So, while everyone is certainly free to hold whatever opinions they choose, some opinions are backed up far, far better than others!

• Like 4

Just saying "I don't believe" is not a very helpfull attitude if you wan't the truth. You do want the truth don't you ?

Believe me or not but some of us are here to learn new things and share what we know.

So what is you most most compelling single reason for not believing in the moon landings ?

Please don't repeat the "you weren't there" reason, because if that is the case we can't really discuss anything of value about the past, can we ?

you were the first who approached me on the matter , it is how you approach ppl , if you ask nicely i would have had no problem to discuss but to come like that at me was uncalled for sorry . When you discuss with ppl in the real world you show respect right ? thats all it took to ask me ... nicely . if i see a pack of wolves i dont throw myself in it as bate , sorry . i have manners and i respect ppl as long as they respect back . i am not here to fight with anyone just i give an opinion ... for me this is done ... i dont have to be part of this conversation its so simple

Well, I'm going to throw down my proverbial 2 cents worth here.

I began looking at the 'moon landings were faked' idea many years ago. Frankly, those promoting this hypothesis have absolutely no evidence that can withstand scientific scrutiny. And I mean nothing, zip, zero, nada. However, the scientific evidence for pro-moon landings is literally huge...mountains of evidence no less. The Apollo missions were among the most documented events in all of history.

So, while everyone is certainly free to hold whatever opinions they choose, some opinions are backed up far, far better than others!

i can agree with that ... but there will always be conspiracy theorists ...and i happened to be one .

Next time, if you aren't going to back up ignorant claims, don't make them in the first place.

Now, now, the world is filled with folks whose opinions others (those who have the knowledge and expertise) will find to be ignorant. Being harsh towards folks who simply don't know something is no way help the situation. It's far better to ask them why they think something is possible then show them the science behind why their belief is not really valid.

So, I would say: Show us some evidence supporting the notion that the moon landing were faked and we'll discuss it. See, simple to the point and polite.

Being polite can go a long way (a word to the wise there).

• Like 1

i can agree with that ... but there will always be conspiracy theorists ...and i happened to be one .

Sometimes there really are conspiracies...but sometimes there are not!

I strongly suggest looking at the scientific evidence regarding the Apollo moon landings. This one is in the 'are not' category.

• Like 3

I strongly suggest looking at the scientific evidence regarding the Apollo moon landings. This one is in the 'are not' category.

Conspiracies do exist, nobody would argue with that.

I thought it was just the first landing on the moon that was doubted not all of the missions, is that the common theory among conspiracy theorists?

that is fine by me ...but still it could have been worded more respectfully by some . i am not going to argue with anyone though

http://listverse.com/2012/12/28/10-reasons-the-moon-landings-could-be-a-hoax/

Questions on the Moon Landing....

- #1 - Hilly background matches, but foreground does not.

- #2 - Camera interior Scale crosses behind photographed objects

- #6 - Hanging object

- #9 - Lack of apparent landing disturbance of dust

I know there have been reasons given for these. But, they still seem to be badly explained to me.

If we need just one to explain, let's use #1, the matching hills with two different foregrounds. Either NASA doctored some pics afterword (maybe for security reasons), or the same scenery was used on the sound stage, or.....??

• Like 1

http://listverse.com...ould-be-a-hoax/

- #2 - Camera interior Scale crosses behind photographed objects

- #6 - Hanging object

- #9 - Lack of apparent landing disturbance of dust

I know there have been reasons given for these. But, they still seem to be badly explained to me.

If we need just one to explain, let's use #1, the matching hills with two different foregrounds. Either NASA doctored some pics afterword (maybe for security reasons), or the same scenery was used on the sound stage, or.....??

#1 Perspective. The "hills" are distant and you can move quite a bit to either side and they won't change much. direct comparisons have been made though they are slightly different showing it is not a backdrop.

#2 Those crosshairs only disappear behind white sunlit objects. If you look at the high res version of the same pic you can still faintly see them. It is the brightness of the object bleeding over the thin marks on the film. My favorite of those are where the crosshairs only disappear on the white stripes of the US flag. where those pasted in later?

http://www.clavius.org/photoret.html

#6 The "object" is a mark on the astronaut's visor. It is seen in the exact same position in successive photos showing it cannot be a reflection. IIRC in the video taken at the same time you can see the astronaut touch that area of his visor right before the mark appears in the photos.

#9 There shouldn't be a crater. The engine was throttled down for landing. Harriers and helicopters on Earth use far more thrust and don't dig craters. We DO see that the loose dust underneath has been scoured away in a radial pattern.

• Like 1

http://listverse.com...ould-be-a-hoax/

Diechecker, may I ask what 'analysis' of this you have seen? In particular, in that analysis did the 'photogrammetrist' show how they had done a similar analysis on a similar earthly scene? Did they discuss the differences between earth scenery and lunar scenery, especially the issue of atmospheric haze? Did they properly use the fiducial marks (cross hairs) to work out the actual magnification and perspective issues? On the Moon there is absolutely no haze so very distant objects may appear to be close given our earthly experience - this can give a quite misleading impression, which when added to lack of understanding of how perspective works along with a lack of rigour in actually measuring the images properly.. well, you could pretty much 'prove' anything to someone unfamiliar with the reality of the scene. I note that on the site you linked to, the claimant shows an alleged 'exact match' which clearly ISN'T, and shows no maths or workings at all. He also incorrectly states that NASA only referred to the smaller diameter of the Moon being a factor (but no maths is given a anyway),. completely ignores the no haze issue, and then without a shred of support claims something is 'incontrovertible'... The article is rubbish.

Here's an analysis at Clavius.org - and the key issue was a deliberate falsehood by the Apollo Hoax pusher in using two very different magnifications.. - from that site:

...The answer is quite simple. The relative sizes of the mountains suggested by White's composition is not their true relationship. White has cut out a smaller area of AS17-134-20435 (Fig. 1, right) and a larger area of AS17-147-22527 (Fig. 1, left) and then enlarged the smaller clip to be the same height as the larger one. Obviously this will produce the illusion of dissimilarity. The reader does not necessarily know that the photos have been cropped and resized. He is likely to assume the composition has used the entire frame of each photo.

The reseau fiducials can be used to determine the difference in scale between White's two excerpts. In fact, their primary purpose is to provide a normalized scale during duplication and analysis...

If you are unsure what all that means, let me know and I shall elaborate and also provide further links.. Suffice to say, that those claiming a hoax did NOT do a proper photogrammetric analysis - when such an analysis is done, there is NO anomaly.

Jack White, the guy who started this lie, was not an analyst! What he was.. was another Conspiracy Theorist and in a rather damning piece of deja vu, Mr White also tried to get involved in the JFK conspiracy.. he attempted to present 'expert' testimony in the court proceedings. He was cross-examined on his knowledge and the results were positively embarrassing - he had no idea of even the most basic techniques required to analyse photographs... Needless to say he was laughed out of court..

• Like 2

you were the first who approached me on the matter , it is how you approach ppl , if you ask nicely i would have had no problem to discuss but to come like that at me was uncalled for sorry . When you discuss with ppl in the real world you show respect right ? thats all it took to ask me ... nicely . if i see a pack of wolves i dont throw myself in it as bate , sorry . i have manners and i respect ppl as long as they respect back . i am not here to fight with anyone just i give an opinion ... for me this is done ... i dont have to be part of this conversation its so simple

The thing is that you are rejecting what is one of the most well documented occurances in history, so why is it so out of order to ask you why you don't agree with the official story ?

Like I said I am willing to answer any question that you have and if I don't know the answer I am sure somebody else would jump in.

Your reaction to this request does tell us that you don't really have any idea why you don't believe in the moon landing. Maybe if you actually engaged us with an open mind you might learn something about this fantastic achievement ?

• Like 4

The thing is that you are rejecting what is one of the most well documented occurances in history, so why is it so out of order to ask you why you don't agree with the official story ?

Like I said I am willing to answer any question that you have and if I don't know the answer I am sure somebody else would jump in.

Your reaction to this request does tell us that you don't really have any idea why you don't believe in the moon landing. Maybe if you actually engaged us with an open mind you might learn something about this fantastic achievement ?

how do you know, what i know ? ...if ppl belittle me before the conversation even starts then there is no use to continue . i am not the only one who doubts the first moon landing that doesnt make me a criminal and i just dont appreciate any hostility as i am respectful, i ask the same in return . if you would have said that from the beginning the way you did just now , i would have loved to discuss it ...for me this subject is done . i never claimed to be a scientist nor that i know the truth but i do doubt certain things . The only issue is the '' friendliness '' and the belittling going on , i expected something else from grown men, is all .

• Like 1

how do you know, what i know ? ...if ppl belittle me before the conversation even starts then there is no use to continue . i am not the only one who doubts the first moon landing that doesnt make me a criminal and i just dont appreciate any hostility as i am respectful, i ask the same in return . if you would have said that from the beginning the way you did just now , i would have loved to discuss it ...for me this subject is done . i never claimed to be a scientist nor that i know the truth but i do doubt certain things . The only issue is the '' friendliness '' and the belittling going on , i expected something else from grown men, is all .

Allow me to add a little context for you.

I and many others here have spent a long time answering every hoax believers claims in detail. We have been literally doing it for years.

We have seen it all, done it all.

One common tactic used is "be respectful" which is actually hoax believer code for "You may neither disagree with me nor may you show me any evidence"

Hence, there is a large cynical reaction as we have seen that attempted many times in the past.

Try to remember that disagreeing with you is not disrespectful. Presenting you with robust counter-argument and evidence is not disrespectful.

Respect cannot be demanded, it must be earned.

• Like 3

Allow me to add a little context for you.

I and many others here have spent a long time answering every hoax believers claims in detail. We have been literally doing it for years.

We have seen it all, done it all.

One common tactic used is "be respectful" which is actually hoax believer code for "You may neither disagree with me nor may you show me any evidence"

Hence, there is a large cynical reaction as we have seen that attempted many times in the past.

Try to remember that disagreeing with you is not disrespectful. Presenting you with robust counter-argument and evidence is not disrespectful.

Respect cannot be demanded, it must be earned.

please go back and read where i have been disrespectful . To belittle someone is verbal abuse ,actually ( name calling for example ) ...and i refuse such behavior in private or internet . There is a way to talk with people . i have stopped the conversation once confronted saying... right ...i know nothing and made a humble face and left it alone . But when ppl come charging i just dont take it ...sorry . dont worry about me anymore and please continue with the subject of the thread ... i can handle a disagreement so should others but not personal attacks thats just childish ... now proceed with your thread

heavens, personal attacks? There's been a whole queue of people that have tried to answer you in great detail, but you just talk about "disrespect" and "personal attacks". It's rather disrespectful not to take any notice of what they've tried to explain, to be quite honest.

Edited by Norbert the Powerful
  • Like 2

YA AMAR-- don't let them upset you any. They cling to their beliefs like a religion... Try going into a global warming thread and saying that the data is questionable and they try to shout you down-- You MUST NOT question anything.... You MUST drink the kool aid they serve at the well of science! Try going to a Black Lives Matter meeting and ask if any of the young men who were shot by the police bear any personal responsibility for what happened to them? Try asking about the national debt at a democrat gathering.... You can't talk sense to those who it.

You have to understand that when you don't share their opinion, it is extremely threatening to all they hold dear. They take it personally. It upsets them. They need a "safe place" where their views cannot be challenged and they consider the whole forum to be their safe place. Just get used to it and let them vent their anger and hostility-- though it doesn't really make them feel better, it must be done or their heads will explode.

There are LOTS of little things that people are "suspicious" about-- that just don't seem quite right within the story. Just because people go-- 'hmmmmm....' -that doesn't mean they are evil conspirators trying to subvert society, or the government or trying to upset YOU-- whoever you may be. Live with it. Don't get so twisted up about it. Not everyone is so 'convinced' as you might be... it isn't your job to convince them. Some folks just find it interesting and like to chat about it all.

R-E-L-A-X

I've always been a little skeptical about the way it all came about... Kennedy is talking a big talk to intimidate the Russians and he boldly declares that we will put a man on the moon-- and POOF! Because he wished it (within a decade) it happened! Almost magical--- but NO! It was science. Even though computers at the time had about as much computing power as modern day pocket calculators... and pocket calculators didn't even exist at the time (they had slide rulers) and what they called computers operated with the sophistication of punch cards... we are to "believe" that they worked it all out flawlessly and parked that puppy perfectly on the moon and went for a walk about, then hopped back in the bus, launched effortlessly, and zipped back home to earth. That's some good slide ruler computation.

But don't question it----- because our government in general is sooooooo honest.

• Like 1