Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THE REAL REASON FOR WAR

odinsupreme

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• odinsupreme

• Bizarro

• Sageghost

Odin,

rolleyes.gif You should be ashamed of youself. Are you suggesting that the U.S. should allow Hussein to remain in power? He is the biggest enemy of Iraq and the whole region

you have a total lack of understanding of my country. maybe you should consider visiting and talking to the people that you villify. once again, your ignorance astounds me.

laugh.gif

During the Iran/iraq war, my arabic friends said they were supporting Iraq, during this time the "West" was supporting Iraq. (this was over20 years ago) and who put the Hussein regime in??? well...........

albaqwerty,

Although France was the dominant nation in building Iraq to what it is today, that is irrelevant. Regardless of how the menace was created, it must be dealt with.

DS,

Yes Odin has a lack of understanding of the U.S., but the real problem is the lack of understanding of Iraq. The people of Iraq have been living under harsh conditions for decades due to the tyranny of Saddam Hussein. War is brutal, but the outcome should prove to be better for everyone involved.

Did anyone notice that saddam is firing scud missiles which according to him he does not have. mad.gif

Does that not say anything about this man and the validity of his UN declaration.

He was clearly in violation of 1441 and he must be dealt with.

I for one am proud to be british and i support our boys (The whole coalition and not just the brits) in the gulf 100%.

Guest,

While opinions are welcome, please refrain from name calling or demeaning others in your posts. Not everyone is going to be as knowledgeable or well versed in worldly matters and that should be given some consideration. You can point out their deficiencies or inaccuracies sans the belittling comments, especially if you wish to continue to contribute your thoughts. The issue is controversial enough without the inflammatory rhetoric, any further insults will result in your posts being deleted.

Magikman

Odin, you of all people should understand that America wants what's right for Iraq and the rest of the world. Or maybe I don't know you well enough to make that assumption (that how you spell it?).

Crosis, I know that scud missiles are, well...Missiles. But what kind? Are they powerful enough to take out a tank? I know that our Patriot missiles took at least one out...Anyway, I hope that Saddam Hussein gets what's been coming to him for, how many years? Either 14 or 40, I can't remember correctly.

GUH! That's one BIG missile! I thought they were MUCH smaller! So Hussein plans to use ballistic missiles in his own country...Jeebus (My word for Jeesus, in order to avoid shouting his name disrespectfully. biggrin.gif ). That was a long explination for just one word, eh? Thanks for the info, Crosis.

I have absolutely no problem with USA Global Domination. Where do i sign up?

While we're on the subject, how many Iraqi civilian lives are worth the life of a single US, British or Australian serviceman or woman? a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand?

Maybe if the Iraqi civilian population had quit being walked all over a few years earlier on by Saddam and his regime, we wouldnt be in this mess now. Their failure to establish their right to self-determination is - in my humble opinion - their problem. Not ours.

No government exists in a demographic vacuum, even a dictator. The iraqi people are remiss in being dominated by the man, thats bad news for them, but its their lookout what happens to them.

The War is justified to seperate the Hussain regime from national resources that equipped that regime with the machinery to do serious mischief. The rest... well, some people seem to care. i sure dont.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m tired of this ‘American Global Domination’ crap. The U.S. and British tried to gather a vast international coalition to reinforce the U.N. Security Council Resolutions, but the rest of the security council refused to live up to their obligations. So the U.S. and British were then left with the task of gathering the ‘coalition of the willing’. Nothing even remotely related to ‘American Global Domination’ here rolleyes.gif

You're right Homer, it is c***.

That title sounds like something from 'Pinky

& The Brain'. Hey, that's another one for the

cartoon thread. smile.gif

Kismit, if youre going to make up your own mind maybe you should consider that the literature you are reading is written by extremists. people who only have things to gain by people buying into their lies.

Hopefully I won't jump on a soapbox.

I once heard a quote, although I can never remember who said it. "War is the continuation of politics by any means neccessary." I believe that Saddam was never interested in compling with the world's demands other than making money and never helping anyone but himself. Simply look at the fact of having those Scuds when he wasn't, if he truely wanted to stay in power he simply could have scrapped them and waited till all the sanctions were lifted and then rebuild his armed forces again. But, its the mindset of the Megalomaniac that wants to do what it wants to do without a care for what others might think.

It's a sad day to see that countries cannot come to agreements on items like non-compliance, but to do so because of profit then what is the world becoming? Its a simple matter of right and wrong, it is right for the world to remove those weapons that should not be in possesion. It is wrong to sit back and not do anything until theres millions of lives exterminated. mad.gif

i think that it will do iraq good to get rid of saddam, if you think back to 15 years ago he gased 2000 of his own people what kind of human does that. hopefully when the war is over the middle east can try and rebuild there lives and look forward to a better future. does anybody think that saddam is still alive? sad.gif

During the last conflict I had a friend living in Kuwait at the time. It was frightening.

My ex-husband is a civil servant attached the British Army. During the last war the Allies had the capabilities to finish Saddam off but, for whatever reason, chose not too. Possibly because the politicians could not face the prospect. Had they done it then, we would not be in the position we are now.

Guest Guest_bounty_hunter

actually i heard the caught the chemical guy his name slips my mind though. I hope he burns. I also read somewhere 9ill find the link later) that it was 100,000 kurds which makes me sick. Kurds are fighting side by side with the allies and perhaps will get there own state now smile.gif .90,000 kurds fighting beside us playing key roles of our plans, I thought they would be still angry at united states for not giving them a state to like 10 some odd years ago

Actually, there is no significant coalition presence Northern Iraq, where the Kurds are. Unfortunately, we may have to fight against the Kurds to prevent them from acquiring statehood. A Kurdistan would spread the violence in the Middle East as Syria, Turkey, Iran and Iraq have large Kurdish populations and will fight to prevent them from acquiring statehood, since statehood would take land away from these other nations.

The U.S. has guaranteed Iraq's present borders in the post war Iraq, which is what all of it's neighbors want anyway. The Kurds have been an enormous help in the fight against Saddam's regime, and they should be represented in a new government, but to allow them statehood would fuel the fires, and hopefully it wont come to that.

The Kurds have a right on their own state, just give them northern Iraq. The Kurds will go there (I do hope so).

You say that I don't understand the American people, well, the american people don't undertand me smile.gif . You must understand that I am not againts the war.. But i am against they way it came to a war.. It's good that someone cleans up the mess Saddam made.

Odin

Just for everyones info (If you have not seen the news) the coalition forces have found a " Huge" Chemical weapons factory in Najaf in southern Iraq.

• 4 months later...

well, i dont really know why we went to war. why did we? some guy from the middle east basically said that "we wanted a piece of the pie" ( oil) so we went in there to regulate. but can please someone tell me wut is goin on. supposely i hear the second war should began this year with the killin of saddam hussin. the 3rd anticrhrist will come and kill someone evil like saddam and gain everyones trust and take control. so please, if anyone has some good opinions or well reason why this whole thing really started, feel free to help me figure this out. thanx