Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Briton Tim Peake blasts off for space

Still Waters

The rocket carrying Briton Tim Peake on his landmark flight to the International Space Station has launched from Kazakhstan.

The Soyuz space capsule is carrying Russian Yuri Malenchenko, American Tim Kopra and "Major Peake", who will spend six months on the station.

The former army pilot is making history as the first official UK astronaut.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-35101643

• Like 2

I hadn't realized that the Brits weren't participating in the manned space program. Congrats to the brits for finally joining the party!

• Like 2

I hadn't realized that the Brits weren't participating in the manned space program. Congrats to the brits for finally joining the party!

Yeah, was not aware of this at all myself. Good for them!! And him, of course.

Does the ISS have tea making facilities? Serious question that started as a British joke..

• Like 1

Does the ISS have tea making facilities? Serious question that started as a British joke..

Hear your joke! But as far as I know all international occupants of the ISS are provided, somewhat, with their cultural food and drink, if agreeable to the specific astronaut and otherwise allowed per nutrition and safety protocol.

That is, a Russian cosmonaut likely has different approved food than, say, an American astronaut.

"Tea on the ISS?"

I was thinking more like Scotch. You know, an an alternative to all that Vodka that's probably floating around up there.

• Like 1

"Tea on the ISS?"

I was thinking more like Scotch. You know, an an alternative to all that Vodka that's probably floating around up there.

Right there with ya sir but I think this new gen astronaut bares little resemblance to the aviators that I was brother to.

If there are Russians, there will be tea but perhaps no samovars in the ISS. I understand they have odd habits like putting strawberry jam in tea, I've tried that, it's OK. The British Army used to put rum in tea, this was called "gunfire". Warmed the chaps up before going over the top. And a few years ago. Corporal Stewart Hefti, RAAF, set the world record for looping the loop while drinking a rather large mug of tea - 14 loops.

http://www.samovartea.com/5-steps-to-the-ultimate-russian-tea/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211038/RAF-man-drinks-tea-doing-14-loop-loops-break-bizarre-world-record.html