Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul mates ?

curiousJoe

Hi I'm new to this forum first I want to first say sorry for the obscure title I wasn't sure what to write. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this topic either, it concerns some things that could be psychic phenomnia but I'm not sure so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Ok about a year ago I met this young woman online in a mmorpg game, we clicked remarkably fast and well things turns romantic at a slow pace.

We never met in person yet, but I feel like I know her and she has told me she feels the same. We no longer play the game and stay in contact almost 24/7. Her voice seems familar too although neigther one of us have ever left our respective States so meeting earlier in life is not possible. I am 28 yrs old and reside in Oklahoma. She is 23 and lives in Tennessee. We have been together for almost a year and things have been great, now there are some very weird times we seem to answer eachother before be ask and once before we replied to the same topic on Facebook at the same time with a very similar response almost like we were the same person. The recent months things have gotten weirder... It's hard to describe without sounding crazy but there have been times we have contacted eachother using our cell phones when the other was feeling bad. It's hard for me to understand but its like I can feel what she feels emotionally... I even get tired when she goes to bed or naps... and its not like a normal fatigue either. I've gone to a doctor and I'm in good health so there is no way to explain why that happens. Even now as I'm writting I feel slightly light headed and sad, I have nothing to be tired or upset about personally but she is losing a friend to cancer and has gone to bed about half an hour. (At time of writting). Again I know this whole things sounds weird but this is a forum for paranormal stuff and I figured maybe someone can shed a light on what's going on. I've heard of people having soul mates but I don't know much about that... so what could this whole thing be?

Edited by curiousJoe
  • Like 1

you might want to research twin flames. what you described sounds like twin flames, not soul mates. soul mates and twin flames are not the same thing. they're different. twin flames are one soul in two bodies. twin flames are telepathic and empathetic (can feel each other's feelings). you might want to watch the 2014 movie, in your eyes. it's about telepaths.

"love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." ~ aristotle

• Like 3

Could be a fat old bloke,telling you what you want to hear.. grooming you up "catfish" style!

• Like 5

You can start by looking up "confirmation bias", and "neurology of love" Sure it maybe boring to you, but it's reality.

• Like 2

Darvos, I know about those topics and your wrong. Explain this:

I am having a perfectly good day, nothing to bother me but suddenly I feel overwhelmed with sorrow so much I am crying with tears running own my face.

I go and contact my girlfriend, who I mentioned in the beginning of this topic, and ask if she is ok. She tells me she is sad because a friend's dad is dying. Now tell me, how is that a connection bias or just nuerology of love?

Darvos, I know about those topics and your wrong. Explain this:

I am having a perfectly good day, nothing to bother me but suddenly I feel overwhelmed with sorrow so much I am crying with tears running own my face.

I go and contact my girlfriend, who I mentioned in the beginning of this topic, and ask if she is ok. She tells me she is sad because a friend's dad is dying. Now tell me, how is that a connection bias or just nuerology of love?

56495896.jpg

• Like 2

how am I sad about and think something is wrong with herwithout knowing what it is?

also incase u guys dont understand, except mjk22 think he has an idea, she is 639miles away from me.

Edited by curiousJoe

how am I sad about and think something is wrong with herwithout knowing what it is?

also incase u guys dont understand, except mjk22 think he has an idea, she is 639miles away from me.

How do we know you do not get depressed often more than you indicate than just your word?

Long distance relatioships is a taxing thing by it's very nature.

If you want to believe in woo woo? Do not expect all of us here to confirm it for you. There's other sites for that.

• Like 1

If you want to believe in woo woo? Do not expect all of us here to confirm it for you. There's other sites for that.

1. Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums
  2. Unexplained Mysteries
  3. Metaphysics & Psychic Phenomena
  4. Psychic Abilities

maybe you're just not the sort of person who understands? there's a section for curiousJoe's experience and the questions he has. right? right.

you're a meanie. :whistle:

• Like 4

While I do believe you can "feel" things about another person I don't know if that would apply to a long-distance relationship. I personally have only had it happen to me a handful of times and they were people that I had met in person and did not know well. I honestly do not know if that is the sign of a "soul mate" or not. I would say that you two should meet sometime soon and spend some time together and see if you still have that ability to sense what the other is feeling. I wish you both the best of luck. :)

First off your spelling is terrible. An secondly it's simply what you associate with the thoughts of her. If you're right it's confirmation bias. Very simple.

• Like 1

1. Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums
  2. Unexplained Mysteries
  3. Metaphysics & Psychic Phenomena
  4. Psychic Abilities

maybe you're just not the sort of person who understands? there's a section for curiousJoe's experience and the questions he has. right? right.

you're a meanie. :whistle:

Hhhhmmm?

When someone comes here with blatant signs of psychosis everyone pushes for professional help.

When someone comes here with what rational thought can solve, just push belief that is on the fringe of psychosis.

Got it.

• Like 1

Hhhhmmm?

When someone comes here with blatant signs of psychosis everyone pushes for professional help.

When someone comes here with what rational thought can solve, just push belief that is on the fringe of psychosis.

Got it.

responding "Hhhhmmm?" tells me a lot. thanks.

ok enough will a moderator close this?

This is getting out of hand, I think I'll close my account too. I thought a forum for the paranormal wouldn't be so unwelcoming. I do not have psychosis. You people are close minded. Good day.

• Like 1

This is getting out of hand, I think I'll close my account too. I thought a forum for the paranormal wouldn't be so unwelcoming. I do not have psychosis. You people are close minded. Good day.

trust me, look into twin flames. you'll find lots of helpful information out there.

• Like 2

I'm not saying you have a psychosis.

Just apply Occam's Razor for truth instead of wishful thinking.

I have a personal story that relates to this I'll tell later if it's still open.

• Like 2

You're tuned into to each other, thats all... it's good, yes?

You're in that loved up place, such a good feeling.

This connection is quite normal.

There's nothing weird about it... Unless, you make it weird, that is.

You're just tuned into the same frequency... Like a radio. You're both listening into the same station. :st

Edited by Blue Star
  • Like 2

It's alright curious-Joe. No need to feel you have to justify yourself, cause you really don't.

Theres always going to be someone who thinks differently to you.. It's ok...

Let them have their say, it's only them working through their own stuff.

You don't have to justify yourself to any one, got it?..

And some meanie or even a few, spouting off. Doesn't speak for all of us here.

Most of us are indeed very open minded, curious and can help... and do understand.... and know a lot too...Welcome to UM :st

• Like 1

Thank you Blue Star. I appreciate the welcome. I do think mjk22 is on to something though and really I shouldn't worry, its not like its hurting me or her. Darvos pm me or reply here it doesn't bother me where but u said u had a personal story to back your oppinion and that has me curious.

• Like 1

I'm on the move Joe. I'll be back to tell my story in a couple hours from now.

Ok. When I was younger me, my friend, and his sister were heading to the Mall. I was reading in the back. Halfway there I noticed I was feeling nauseous. Just then my friend's sister started feeling sick too. She was visibly ill. We turned around and by the time we got home we were both fine.

I was very perplexed by this. I was thinking maybe I picked up cues by her subconsciously, to the weird like being empathic. I kept an open mind, but was at a loss to a concrete explaination. It turns out she needed her Gallbladder removed. As for my feeling ill, it was me being susceptible to motion sickness.

I completely forgot, or did not know that I get nauseous while reading in a moving vehicle. If I was in love with her, and was filled with fringe ideas? I would not be open to the later simple explanation. When we are in love, we are filled with neurochemicals with one purpose, and that's to bond (most people), and reproduce (everyone). This biochemistry does not care what makes sense, or not. You hear all the time what you describe as finish sentences, and having coincidences.

There's no evidence for soul mates. There's too much biology in the way which is evidenced. I'm not saying love is not to be enjoyed. If people kept a level head instead of giving in to what evolution is making us doing? I feel divorce rates would be less. How many times have you heard people not realizing they were incompatible with there mates years later?

Remember. Wanting to believe clouds reality. Good luck, and I hope you two meet up soon.

There's no evidence for soul mates. ...

that's not very honest. specify what sort of evidence you think would satisfy humanity's authorities. i know that experience is evidence and so is testimony. but if you're looking for a petri dish and a microscope, and an authoritative textbook, yeah, the world is probably going to come up empty handed.

• Like 1