Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soul mates ?

curiousJoe

Darvos, as Ive said my situation is different because I am not in pyshical proximity or physical contact with her. She lives 639 miles away. I do believe what mjk22 has stated, I looked that up and all the signs are there. Not saying your situation isnt valid, its just not related to mine. And I do have to disagree, soulmates do exist. My own parents are evidence of that. Each other can predict when the other is calling, wirhout using caller id on the phone. My dad's had lunch at work and what he had ended up what my mom wanted to cook that night, they didnt talk about it before. I dont think they are twin flames as mjk22 stated, twin flames and soule mates are not the same thing. And Xeno I agree with the attraction thing. (fyi to all, I am posting from my cell and the autocorrect feature is too buggy to be used so I have it off, my grammar skills are not really bad. You try to type on a small cell with big hands and tell me how messed up it looks.)

Edited by curiousJoe
  • Like 2

...autocorrect feature is too buggy to be used so I have it off, my grammar skills are not really bad. You try to type on a small cell with big hands and tell me how messed up it looks.)

well i dont know whats with mine but it changes words around making me sound stupid and sometimes the word choice is very strange like a lets say R rated word for an unrelated word and its not from frequent usage because I dont talk or write like a pervert or a foul mouthed person I will do a better job of proofreading.

Edited by curiousJoe

Darvos, as Ive said my situation is different because I am not in pyshical proximity or physical contact with her. She lives 639 miles away. I do believe what mjk22 has stated, I looked that up and all the signs are there. Not saying your situation isnt valid, its just not related to mine. And I do have to disagree, soulmates do exist. My own parents are evidence of that. Each other can predict when the other is calling, wirhout using caller id on the phone. My dad's had lunch at work and what he had ended up what my mom wanted to cook that night, they didnt talk about it before. I dont think they are twin flames as mjk22 stated, twin flames and soule mates are not the same thing. And Xeno I agree with the attraction thing. (fyi to all, I am posting from my cell and the autocorrect feature is too buggy to be used so I have it off, my grammar skills are not really bad. You try to type on a small cell with big hands and tell me how messed up it looks.)

Hi,

There are those we will have strong soul bonds with. When we do then a telepathic connection is likely. There are different degrees of awareness for telepathy however. Predicting when another is calling is one form of that.

John

• Like 3

You are going to believe what you want to believe. This is the shortcomings of the Brain that has the purpose to survive, gather resources, and reproduce.

Love is a wonderful thing. We should be glad that we don't do what Praying Mantis do. If you want to think that a hyperdimensional connection is involved? So be it.

• Like 1

that's not very honest. specify what sort of evidence you think would satisfy humanity's authorities. i know that experience is evidence and so is testimony. but if you're looking for a petri dish and a microscope, and an authoritative textbook, yeah, the world is probably going to come up empty handed.

That's completely honest. Physical evidence trumps experience and testimony in a court of law all the time. Such latter things are very fallible, and this fact is taken into consideration.

What would you propose as evidence? It FEELS true, so it must be true?

If there's soul mates? Why not soul enemies. Why not soul drinking buddies. Why not soul bff's? Why not soul taking turns killing each other in each new incarnation?

Maybe you and me are soul polar opposites?

well i dont know whats with mine but it changes words around making me sound stupid and sometimes the word choice is very strange like a lets say R rated word for an unrelated word and its not from frequent usage because I dont talk or write like a pervert or a foul mouthed person I will do a better job of proofreading.

i'm convinced that autocorrect was designed to aggravate and amuse people. but then there's this, when somebody doesn't know internet language. lol!

Funny-text-messages-2.jpg

Edited by mjk22

That's completely honest. Physical evidence trumps experience and testimony in a court of law all the time. Such latter things are very fallible, and this fact is taken into consideration.

What would you propose as evidence? It FEELS true, so it must be true?

If there's soul mates? Why not soul enemies. Why not soul drinking buddies. Why not soul bff's? Why not soul taking turns killing each other in each new incarnation?

Maybe you and me are soul polar opposites?

information is evidence. i could give you a lot of examples, but, to be honest, i know who i'm talking to. it doesn't matter what i say or how i say it. you're pre-decided and your mind is closed. it would be unwise for me to go forward in presenting evidences to somebody who has prejudged.

as for soul enemies, there are words for that: nemesis, archenemy, adversary.

So you've got nadda.

haha, no. it's like i said, i know the audience. :P

i've got plenty but maybe i'll share with others and you and the other meatball can be flies on the wall and learn a thing or two. is that mean? sorry. hahaha.

Edited by mjk22

You can have an infinite amount of nonevidence and it will never be evidence.

Put these claimed abilities to a real test and the results will never exceed the percentage of chance.

Believe it or not. I believe in psychic abilities, Ghosts, and the UFO phenomenon. I just have a higher standard, and this standard towers over wishful thinking. Paranormal research is a joke, and a Circus act thanks to the gullible, deluded, and those ready to cash in.

You will never see me state "It's a fact" unless I have the evidence to back it up.

funny_animation_i-want-to-believe.gif

• Like 1

You can have an infinite amount of nonevidence and it will never be evidence.

Put these claimed abilities to a real test and the results will never exceed the percentage of chance.

Believe it or not. I believe in psychic abilities, Ghosts, and the UFO phenomenon. I just have a higher standard, and this standard towers over wishful thinking. Paranormal research is a joke, and a Circus act thanks to the gullible, deluded, and those ready to cash in.

You will never see me state "It's a fact" unless I have the evidence to back it up.

funny_animation_i-want-to-believe.gif

this isn't a new conversation for either of us. in your signature i see "The Mythical Jesus" and other revealing things about what you don't believe. lol. it tells me all i need to know about you, and what a conversation with you is going to be like. there are millions of people out there just like you. it's like you're all one gigantic soul, split up into millions of bodies. once you know one of them, you know them all.

what does ethereal mean?

Ethereal is me making a mistake in terminology. I meant etheric in that other thread. Was kind of tired when I wrote that. I'd spent 22 years of my life practicing magick, in the hopes of something more. I got very little out of it besides more questions and developed a very critical eye when it comes to claims. Met a lot of smoke blowers if you catch my drift. So if someone claims something they should be able to back it up. Repeatedly. As time past my own view of the occult took a very psychological direction. Prayers and spell became emotionally charged affirmations.

The heavy use of symbolism was to influence certain state of mind. May of the rituals were basically self-hypnosis. While I do think there is a possibility for both telekinesis and telepathy. There are way to many pretender and scammer to make many of the claims believable. But I've seen some weird stuff, and some of the stuff I can explain how it works. Some people shouldn't venture into the occult. Especially those who have a mental illness. All it does is aggravate it. You have to approach it from a scientific perspective.

There are just some things that I have a lot of trouble buying into. Soul mates are one of them. It's all chemistry with a dab of personality thrown in to season the mix.

• Like 1

Ethereal is me making a mistake in terminology. I meant etheric in that other thread. Was kind of tired when I wrote that. I'd spent 22 years of my life practicing magick, in the hopes of something more. I got very little out of it besides more questions and developed a very critical eye when it comes to claims. Met a lot of smoke blowers if you catch my drift. So if someone claims something they should be able to back it up. Repeatedly. As time past my own view of the occult took a very psychological direction. Prayers and spell became emotionally charged affirmations.

The heavy use of symbolism was to influence certain state of mind. May of the rituals were basically self-hypnosis. While I do think there is a possibility for both telekinesis and telepathy. There are way to many pretender and scammer to make many of the claims believable. But I've seen some weird stuff, and some of the stuff I can explain how it works. Some people shouldn't venture into the occult. Especially those who have a mental illness. All it does is aggravate it. You have to approach it from a scientific perspective.

There are just some things that I have a lot of trouble buying into. Soul mates are one of them. It's all chemistry with a dab of personality thrown in to season the mix.

ethereal is an important word because it belongs to both spirit and science.

this is the scientific definition of ethereal,

(Chemistry) of, containing, or dissolved in an ether, esp diethyl ether: an ethereal solution.

this is the spiritual definition of ethereal,

characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms"

some people think the soul isn't real or doesn't exist but start with the obvious: you have a word for it. soul.

define soul.

Ive had too many weird experiences to say there isn't something to this, and I could accept that sometimes connections like this just happen between people.

Just one of many examples: My mother had a dream about an old highschool friend (she hadn't been anywhere near her or anyone else from that town or school in ages, no internet or cell phones at this time, no way she would have caught wind of this priory to) and felt a strong urge to look up number & call her immediately upon waking.

She had never dreamt of her before like this or anything. Nothing could have got in her way of making that call that day, that's how strong of an effect it had. When she did, her friend was extremely relieved to hear from her. She hadn't been able to find her number or anyone that would know it as of that point apparently. (My mother had our number unlisted for a while due to abusive phone calls actually) She had just been diagnosed with cancer and had mere weeks to live according to doctors, and said she regretted losing touch, as they had been such close friends in the past. She wanted her to know and get to see each other or at least speak before it was too late.

I don't think it has anything to do w/ "soul mates" or "twin flame theory" or all these popular phrases, it's just a type of bond that can happen between people sometimes that science so far doesn't have an explanation for. The more I read up on those things, the more hokey pokey and ridiculous the claims seem to get, I'm just going to stick with what I have encountered. But... That's just me. And some have encountered no such thing, and that's all they're willing to stick with.. As it stands right now I can't dismiss it anyway.

• Like 1

If you want to break it down to that level sure, Soul, psyche, or consciousness. Which basically would make a soul mate a like minded individual. If you want to get really esoteric I could even say that the individual is a thought-form based upon one's idea's, experience, knowledge, and beliefs about someone. They become a conceptual being, simply an idea. While we all have a vessel (body), we exist as a thought-form in the minds of all those whom we've met. This doesn't mean that this thought-self is really us, it's just an idea of us.

Thinking that you have a soul mate is in a way projecting an expectation onto someone else, or even searching for someone who fits this ideal.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Ive had too many weird experiences to say there isn't something to this, and I could accept that sometimes connections like this just happen between people.

Just one of many examples: My mother had a dream about an old highschool friend (she hadn't been anywhere near her or anyone else from that town or school in ages, no internet or cell phones at this time, no way she would have caught wind of this priory to) and felt a strong urge to look up number & call her immediately upon waking.

She had never dreamt of her before like this or anything. Nothing could have got in her way of making that call that day, that's how strong of an effect it had. When she did, her friend was extremely relieved to hear from her. She hadn't been able to find her number or anyone that would know it as of that point apparently. (My mother had our number unlisted for a while due to abusive phone calls actually) She had just been diagnosed with cancer and had mere weeks to live according to doctors, and said she regretted losing touch, as they had been such close friends in the past. She wanted her to know and get to see each other or at least speak before it was too late.

I don't think it has anything to do w/ "soul mates" or "twin flame theory" or all these popular phrases, it's just a type of bond that can happen between people sometimes that science so far doesn't have an explanation for. The more I read up on those things, the more hokey pokey and ridiculous the claims seem to get, I'm just going to stick with what I have encountered. But... That's just me. And some have encountered no such thing, and that's all they're willing to stick with.. As it stands right now I can't dismiss it anyway.

the difference between your mom and OP is that your mom's connection was non-romantic. not all soul mates are romantic. soul mates can be family members, friends, or even brief encounters with strangers. soul mates can be people who help fulfill a life mission or life purpose. it sounds romantic, and sometimes it is. but not always.

0063d37c2abce86d5294d447f9c09002.jpg

what OP describes fits more with twin flames than soul mates. twin flames are "one soul in two bodies". it's far greater than soul mates.

If you want to break it down to that level sure, Soul, psyche, or consciousness. Which basically would make a soul mate a like minded individual. If you want to get really esoteric I could even say that the individual is a thought-form based upon one's idea's, experience, knowledge, and beliefs about someone. They become a conceptual being, simply an idea. While we all have a vessel (body), we exist as a thought-form in the minds of all those whom we've met. This doesn't mean that this thought-self is really us, it's just an idea of us.

Thinking that you have a soul mate is in a way projecting an expectation onto someone else, or even searching for someone who fits this ideal.

thought forms are really annoying. or, they can be.
  • Like 1

this isn't a new conversation for either of us. in your signature i see "The Mythical Jesus" and other revealing things about what you don't believe. lol. it tells me all i need to know about you, and what a conversation with you is going to be like. there are millions of people out there just like you. it's like you're all one gigantic soul, split up into millions of bodies. once you know one of them, you know them all.

what does ethereal mean?

So you want to play with words?

Do you believe in Angels? If so, What do they specifically look like?

IMO there's no big spiritual/magical thing about how/why some people get along and others don't. If you're going to roll with physical/sexual attraction as the only criteria for becoming a couple, you're stacking the deck for eventual failure. In order to have a strong connection that lasts you're going to have to actually like the 'complete person' (personality, values, habits etc.). If you just don't have that sort of complete relationship with the person you'll start to dislike them as soon as the sexual attraction thing fades.

• Like 5

ok the two of u (ergo davros and mjk22) need to calm yourselves down, this post is not a setting for a battle-ground. It is to help this guy who doesnt understand whats goin on but has an idea. Yes you are both helping him in your own different ways but that does not mean u have to be so damn confrontational about it, its like watching my two very camp friends(who are in god damned HIGH SCHOOL) throw shade at eachother, so if u both would like too take a step back and respect each others respective opinions and help this man out then that would be awesome.

Im sorry if it wasnt my place to get involved but i was reading through it and the only people making sense was lovely XenoFish and Blue Star.

• Like 1