Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The God Debate - Is it really about evidence?

Emmisal

A person who can read but chooses not to, is more ignorant than one who cannot read :)

and a person who, after reading pages and pages of drivel from a certain source, and thern chooses mot to read anymore from that source, is less ignorant than one who makes over generalized statements in some attempt to caste ignorance on those that ignore him after reading his drivel . :-*

They can chose to read my posts any time they want

Of course they can , they are not being removed , They can read then whenever they want ... it is that many people have chosen not to read them and ignore you .... it doesnt have anything to do with can or cant read them .

. In the meantime others are reading them ( and liking them.) .

Really Walker ? Funny how they dont show up on the pages here ...... I must have inadvertently put the ' likes' part of your posts on ignore while getting the rest of the post to show .....

d994d78d-b96c-4281-86fd-9ad988df41b4.jpg

• Like 4

and a person who, after reading pages and pages of drivel from a certain source, and thern chooses mot to read anymore from that source, is less ignorant than one who makes over generalized statements in some attempt to caste ignorance on those that ignore him after reading his drivel . :-*

Of course they can , they are not being removed , They can read then whenever they want ... it is that many people have chosen not to read them and ignore you .... it doesnt have anything to do with can or cant read them .

Really Walker ? Funny how they dont show up on the pages here ...... I must have inadvertently put the ' likes' part of your posts on ignore while getting the rest of the post to show .....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha the last point, ah you are funny BTE!!!

I can tell I am not missing much.

• Like 2

... NO scientist can demonstrate scientifically that there is no existence or awareness after death .....

Ummmmm Dawg .... thats what scientists ( doctors ) actually do do . Scientifically they examine a person for signs of life, see if there is any awareness first, and if :td: ... pronounce you dead .... scientifically ... no awareness .... no signs of life . They can demonstrate 'existence' though ; ... there is the body .... its passing into 'non-existence' is a slower process. If you want scientific proof of that 'existence' , go dig up a grave .

YODAWG1.jpg

• Like 3

yo_dawg.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe you had better check again. I got another 2 or 3 in the last 24 hours. For a person who really doesn't seek to be popular i get a reasonable number of likes.

This month, fifty likes from over 20 different posters. I am happy with that.

I don't know if you can check the list of my "likes" but i can look at the record and see them.

Edited by Mr Walker

No, just that BTE is factually incorrect, AGAIN. :)

I did check this thread ... ever since you had to go away for your 3 day hospital incarceration .... nope .... no likes .

6bec0fdb002617fca2aa48897ff5d75772a2e02c.gif

• Like 4

Ummmmm Dawg .... thats what scientists ( doctors ) actually do do . Scientifically they examine a person for signs of life, see if there is any awareness first, and if :td: ... pronounce you dead .... scientifically ... no awareness .... no signs of life . They can demonstrate 'existence' though ; ... there is the body .... its passing into 'non-existence' is a slower process. If you want scientific proof of that 'existence' , go dig up a grave .

YODAWG1.jpg

i actually said that i don't believe in an after life (but nor do i disbelieve) There is NO scientific evidence that one does not exist. There is some evidence that it might.

But that was my point.

Given that science can not give us the data to KNOW, we are free to believe or disbelieve . (Or do you, of all humans, claim to factually KNOW that all human consciousness ceases with death, and is not stored or kept in any form, anywhere? ) If so could you explain how you came to/by this knowledge.

No ... because you lost the plot of the conversation again ; you are asking me to explain things that you claimed about me, not what I claimed about myself . So you have to give yourself your own answers to the questions, with your own conditions, that you set up yourself.

Do people usually fall for your transparent conversational traps and get sucked down your line of conversation so you can correct them away from what you made up about them ? Or do your conversations usually devolve into people giving up on you, throwing their hands up in the air, walking away and deciding to ignore you ..... a kind of 'cross the street when they see you coming ' type ?

I did check this thread ... ever since you had to go away for your 3 day hospital incarceration .... nope .... no likes .

6bec0fdb002617fca2aa48897ff5d75772a2e02c.gif

Likely Guy liked a post you made in Gods name switched to Allah...

Sent Today, 09:26 AM

Likely Guy liked a post you made in Gods name switched to Allah...

Sent Today, 04:22 AM

odas liked a post you made in Gods name switched to Allah...

Sent Yesterday, 10:32 PM

badeskov liked a post you made in Pope heals brain tumor with...

Sent 27 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

seax liked a post you made in Religion+Politics

Sent 27 January 2016 - 02:35 AM

robinrenee liked a post you made in The Selective Outrage of th...

Sent 24 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

Nnicolette liked a post you made in Children seeing colors

Sent 24 January 2016 - 02:22 AM

coolguy liked a post you made in Werewolf transformation spells

Sent 23 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

Paranormalcy liked a post you made in What have I been looking at?

Sent 23 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

DieChecker liked a post you made in Pope heals brain tumor with...

Sent 22 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

XenoFish liked a post you made in The God Debate - Is it real...

Sent 22 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

dlonewolf85 liked a post you made in Is it possible to weigh the...

Sent 21 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

DieChecker liked a post you made in Religion+Politics

Sent 21 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

davros of skaro liked a post you made in Werewolf transformation spells

Sent 21 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

Sent 16 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

Sent 16 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

back to earth liked a post you made in The God Debate - Is it real...

Sent 16 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

We are lizard people liked a post you made in Religion+Politics

Sent 16 January 2016 - 10:53 AM

Sent 16 January 2016 - 01:41 AM

simplybill liked a post you made in Morality can survive withou...

Sent 16 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

Sent 15 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

Sent 15 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

Sent 15 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

and then liked a post you made in Morality can survive withou...

Sent 15 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

psyche101 liked a post you made in Religion+Politics

Sent 14 January 2016 - 05:21 PM

Sent 13 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Sent 13 January 2016 - 09:34 AM

robinrenee liked a post you made in Reality Check; The Holy Qur...

Sent 12 January 2016 - 07:41 AM

Sent 10 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Sent 09 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

Sherapy liked a post you made in The God Debate - Is it real...

Sent 09 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

XenoFish liked a post you made in Reality Check; The Holy Qur...

Sent 09 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

robinrenee liked a post you made in Street evangelism

Sent 08 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

robinrenee liked a post you made in Street evangelism

Sent 08 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

psyche101 liked a post you made in The God Debate - Is it real...

Sent 07 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

Sent 07 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

Sent 06 January 2016 - 04:13 AM

robinrenee liked a post you made in Acharya S aka D. M. Murdock...

Sent 05 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

Sent 04 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

davros of skaro liked a post you made in Acharya S aka D. M. Murdock...

Sent 04 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

Sent 04 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

davros of skaro liked a post you made in An historian's view on...

Sent 04 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

davros of skaro liked a post you made in Angel

Sent 03 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Rawbone liked a post you made in An historian's view on...

Sent 02 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Rawbone liked a post you made in An historian's view on...

Sent 02 January 2016 - 07:22 AM

Paranoid Android liked a post you made in The God Debate - Is it real...

Sent 01 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

Paranoid Android liked a post you made in An historian's view on...

Sent 01 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

davros of skaro liked a post you made in An historian's view on...

Sent 01 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Norbert the Powerful liked a post you made in An historian's view on...

Sent 01 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

robinrenee liked a post you made in Pointlessness of Religion

No ... because you lost the plot of the conversation again ; you are asking me to explain things that you claimed about me, not what I claimed about myself . So you have to give yourself your own answers to the questions, with your own conditions, that you set up yourself.

Do people usually fall for your transparent conversational traps and get sucked down your line of conversation so you can correct them away from what you made up about them ? Or do your conversations usually devolve into people giving up on you, throwing their hands up in the air, walking away and deciding to ignore you ..... a kind of 'cross the street when they see you coming ' type ?

It is not I who cannot follow a simple conversation. Perhaps you are having the same problems following our discussion as you had finding my likes.

First, i said science cannot prove consciousness ceases with death.

At present our certain knowledge ends at our death. We don't have much available knowledge of what happens after that, although physical sciences offer some good clues And because NO scientist can demonstrate scientifically that there is no existence or awareness after death, then humans are logically and rationally able to believe that this might be possible .

Then you argued that that is what scientists DO; find no evidence of awareness, in a dead body. But of course that was NOT what I said. I said science cant demonstrate that this consciousness is not kept or stored in some form, or that it is not capable of being restored. ie that despite it departing from our mind when our brain dies, consciousness may exist in other forms or storages.

And so, logically and rationally, UNTIL science can offer data, evidences, and proofs that such storage and retrieval of consciousness is impossible, it is logical and rational to construct a belief that it MIGHT be possible

Now, just because you cant follow a simple argument, you start attacking me. I am coming to the conclusion it is your automatic defence mechanism, when intellectually challenged.

There are few people in the real world, and accessible to me,who are capable of discussing the things i am interested in, but no i hold normal, fairly boring, conversations with people every day. I look for something more and better on this forum. When i meet a mind capable of informed discussion and debate on complex issues, among those around me, I treasure it. In 60 years i have encountered about half a dozen such people, and two of them come from my extended family. A couple became close friends at school, and another couple come from the teaching fraternity.

when asked to describe my four main characteristics one such colleague described me thus, at a staff meeting;

Erudite : from the latin adjective eruditus. Well instructed , learned

Munificent: from the latin munus - gift. Very generous , liberal of his time and his manner towards students.

Experincer: having wide knowledge from observation and participation.

Wordsmith: Fluent with words. Skilled in using words.

So I KNOW how i am seen and treated in real life . :) People actually COME to me for wisdom and help, rather than avoid me. Even now that i am retired, I get a stream of adults (often ex students) who are doing courses, come to me for help with various subjects at university or colleges. .

Edited by Mr Walker

The Walker debate. Is it really about evidence?

• Like 7

Condescend somewhere else. I stand by my statement. A thing is true or not true completely separately from whether people believe it or disbelieve it. I have never said or implied otherwise. This goes for anything, not just religion and philosophy.

Why? What is truth?

Why? What is truth?

The truth is Telly Savalas played Pontius Pilate.

Thread closed for moderator review.