Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Xmas tree lights seen in derelict hospital

Still Waters

A Christmas tree complete with fairy lights was spotted several floors up in a derelict hospital.

Charity Hospital in New Orleans has been abandoned since Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Lisa Walley Staggs spotted the tree are posted a picture on Facebook, which has since been shared more than 22,000 times.

https://uk.news.yaho...0164.html?nhp=1

http://www.wwltv.com...indow/78010104/

• Like 1

It always amazes me when something like this hits national news. Lol Whoever went into the hospital could very well end up in a hospital for a more serious reason.

Not as abandoned as thought. Could be a squatter, kids or a homeless person..

There were abandoned building where I grew up as a kid, they were a great place for us to play in, health and safety was not on our minds at the time, just good old fashioned fun and exploring.

It was the Christmas ghost

• Like 1

"X" mas...sorry, it's not xmas, it's Christmas.

Otherwise, squatter...but is there power to the building still to light up Christmas lights?

And what, exactly, is an "urban explorer"? Some sort of PC-talk for squatter? The homeless?

I don't know... I saw a show the other day (Josh Gate's new show) where they believe all the crucifixions were done, not on a 'T' shaped cross, but rather an 'X' shape.

So, Xmas kinda makes sense in that way....

Otherwise, squatter...but is there power to the building still to light up Christmas lights?

And what, exactly, is an "urban explorer"? Some sort of PC-talk for squatter? The homeless?

To the bolded- it's a person that goes into abandoned urban places to explore, often to take pictures. Usually it's just folks trespassing and breaking & entering out of curiosity. Occasionally it's a person that actually does it legally and does a good job documenting the abandoned place. It's kind of like then non-ghostly version of amateur ghost hunters getting into places they are not supposed to be.

• Like 1

I don't know... I saw a show the other day (Josh Gate's new show) where they believe all the crucifixions were done, not on a 'T' shaped cross, but rather an 'X' shape.

So, Xmas kinda makes sense in that way....

X stands for Christ for a long time already. It's not a modern abbreviation. And even if so, who cares? It's not even an original Christian holiday to begin with.

170px-Chirho.svg.png

I shortened Christmas to Xmas because the topic title box didn't have enough space in it.

• Like 3

If I was homeless and squatting I would still dress it up for Christmas with whatever I could find. I would be a little more discreet though. Still having electricity in the building would certainly be a plus.

• Like 3

I shortened Christmas to Xmas because the topic title box didn't have enough space in it.

That's cool then. I won't detract and derail this thread about it any further.

To the bolded- it's a person that goes into abandoned urban places to explore, often to take pictures. Usually it's just folks trespassing and breaking & entering out of curiosity. Occasionally it's a person that actually does it legally and does a good job documenting the abandoned place. It's kind of like then non-ghostly version of amateur ghost hunters getting into places they are not supposed to be.

Ah...thanks you. That's two things I've learned in the past week here on these forums.

And the usual trolls say I'm only here to start fights..../rolleyes.

Thank you very much, rashore.