Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'800-year-old mobile' hoax circulates the web

UM-Bot

The claim that an ancient mobile phone has been unearthed in Austria has been doing the rounds online.

The bizarre story, which centers around the discovery of a 'mobile phone' at an excavation in the Austrian state of Salzburg, has been hailed by some as evidence that mankind has had access to advanced technology for centuries and that extraterrestrial visitors may have been responsible.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/289961/800-year-old-mobile-hoax-circulates-the-web

• Like 2

And where are the other mobile phones to go with it..whats the point of being the only person with a mobile.

I love these stories, just a much as I am loving the white gloves.

What is sad is they make these stories up because someone out there will believe it.

• Like 6

I heard the thing cost nothing to operate.

• Like 3

I heard the thing cost nothing to operate.

And did not need a plug for charging 800 years ago.

• Like 4

And did not need a plug for charging 800 years ago.

Come on, admit it: It's yours. Your bony fingers could punch those buttons quite well, I'm sure. :P

• Like 2

Come on, admit it: It's yours. Your bony fingers could punch those buttons quite well, I'm sure. :P

Yes, you sussed me, and I am immortal because I have been eating some of that dodgy Chinese mushroom for over 800 years.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=289960&hl=

• Like 2

Edited by pallidin

... link not working for me, sorry.

Edited by pallidin

And where are the other mobile phones to go with it..whats the point of being the only person with a mobile.

I love these stories, just a much as I am loving the white gloves.

What is sad is they make these stories up because someone out there will believe it.

That thing was a status symbol.

"Look Cymborg the Osymidians can afford Nokias for themselves. You are a poor provider with inferior genetic material.

• Like 2

Thanks for both videos- great stuff! :clap:

• Like 1

reversed engineering=Our cell phones today

Reversed engineered from a cell phone that was transported back into the past? Paradox's give me headaches.

• Like 1

One of the ET's phones obviously, couldn't find where he had left it because he never installed the "where is my phone" app. :P

• Like 1

So now they are presumably looking for the cell phone towers to match ?

A mobile phone would be quite useless without any infrastructure, so this is once again one of those hoaxes that have not been very well thought out. :no:

• Like 2

a quick interwebz check brought me to THIS site, where the exact same picture was uploaded in 2012:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/art-replik/6654440471/

the uploader is from Salzburg, Austria and his site is called "art-replik"....you guys figure the rest.

• Like 2

... word on the street says Nokia found the phone in 1993 and based its entire company on this ancient technology.

• Like 1

Maybe it got seized by authorities hence no more news. All these writings of Egyptian like symbols on 'artifacts, walls n downed ufos' really makes u feel there could really be aliens out there ya..

Edited by TheGreatBeliever