Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'800-year-old mobile' hoax circulates the web

UM-Bot

I heard the thing cost nothing to operate.

If they have the replicator I don't see why not..

I'm eagerly awaiting someone to admit that they believe the story.

I believe it, that's why there are pyramids all over the world, they were used as cell antenna's that connected the world. And those Bagdad batteries were used to charge them, just ask Giorgio A. Tsoukalos he will back me up on this :whistle: .

If you believe me I can also instruct you on how to get 72 virgins for giving up on life.

• Like 3

a quick interwebz check brought me to THIS site, where the exact same picture was uploaded in 2012:

http://www.flickr.co...lik/6654440471/

the uploader is from Salzburg, Austria and his site is called "art-replik"....you guys figure the rest.

Great find. The website this person was linked to is no longer in operation, but the description stated "Unsere Replikate sind eine künstlerische Interpretation verschiedener archäologischer Funde" which translated means "Our replicas are an artistic interpretation of various archaeological finds". I'm not sure what find this object is supposed to represent, but this does appear to be a hoax and there is no record of this find in any archaeological resources I or others I know that actually are involved in the field can find.

This falls under the Category of **** that could possible be Time Travel.

Sooner or later it will be linked to the Bosnian Pyramid and the farce will be complete. I hope there's roaming charges.

• Like 2

I have an old Nokia 3310 in a drawer....i'm sure it is older than that!

debunked

The above-displayed "ancient cellphone" was not discovered by a group of archaeologists in Austria and it was not left behind by aliens. It was created by a German sculptor who specializes in making replicas of ancient art.

http://www.snopes.co...ellphone-found/

• Like 2

I saw the photo, laughed it off as a clever hoax.

And then grew worried that somebody might buy into it.

I saw the photo and laughed it off as a terrible hoax :P