Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is going on with me?

lochnessie93

hello everyone,

when i was younger i was very into the paranormal, even at a young age. it didn't scare me, even though as a child i was sure i had seen things, figures, doors opening and closing, etc. fast forward to when i was sixteeen. i went on a paranormal investigation with some of my friends. during this time i felt a very evil presence glaring me down. to the point of me feeling so uneasy i got goosebumps and such. i also think during it i communicated with a young boy spirit.

i have very vivid dreams almost every night. they are odd and strange and sometimes things that happen in them happen as well in my actual life.

i am also very sensitive to peoples emotions. many people find themselves drawn to me for no apparent reason. they tell me their deepest and darkest secrets within hours or weeks of meeting me because they "feel so comfortable around me."

as ive gotten older, im now 22, ive received stronger feelings. ive started to see certain names, feelings, things, that arent my own thoughts and are usually connected to a person i am around and a person who has passed. sometimes i think it is future oriented. i have seen black shadows before as well in houses that have claimed "ghosts"

i am currently working at a hospital and i felt a person pass away through me, or at least thats what i think happened. i got her death time down exactly. has anyone had this happen before? what does it feel like? i just want to make sure im not going crazy.

and how do i control all this? after it happened i ended up feeling so emotional for no reason that i had to excuse myself to cry. which was definitely not a feeling coming from me, seeing as i had never even seen this human being.

i live in north west ohio and am currently trying to figure this all out. i know i am destined for something greater but i honestly dont know what to do with all this information. between seeing things in my mind and physically to all the dreams and the physical feelings, idk if i am going crazy or if theres something to this.

any help will be so greatly appreciated

• Like 3

Emotions can do that to people.

• Like 1

I find it sad and disheartening that the same people always have the same negative and very UNhelpful comments to make. People come to the forum for ideas and HELPful advice. To the OP: hone in on your talents. Learn all you can about your abilities. You've been given a gift from the divine.

• Like 7

I find it sad and disheartening that the same people always have the same negative and very UNhelpful comments to make. People come to the forum for ideas and HELPful advice. To the OP: hone in on your talents. Learn all you can about your abilities. You've been given a gift from the divine.

If I told you I can walk through walls, heal the sick, spread world peace, see ghosts and strike you down on a whim, would you believe me?

Or would you want some kind of evidence/proof?

We are not being unhelpful, we are just refusing to be so naive.

• Like 3

If I told you I can walk through walls, heal the sick, spread world peace, see ghosts and strike you down on a whim, would you believe me?

Hey - some folk really believe in this kind of stuff - whether you like it or not.

You are being naive - in the fact that you lack tolerance and understanding - so instead - you feel the need to shoot off your smart @ss mouth so you can be like the rest of them.

@ Anyway OP :)

I feel that you are a highly sensitive individual that is simply well in tune with other people's feelings who are around you.

There is nothing wrong with that - but be careful - as other people can be draining when they dump too much of 'their stuff and baggage' onto you.

Since you are a believer in the paranormal - then you are probably more apt to misconstrue things on a subconscious level.

If you believe in ghosts - then sure enough you'll see ghosts (or imagine that you do) the same thing with dark shadows -

half the time it's our eye's playing tricks on us.

At the end of the day - if you believe strongly enough in this type of stuff - then you are making yourself highly sensitive to every little thing that it is related to.

For example - if you should hear two 'knocks' on your wall - and since you are into the paranormal - then you would likely think it is a spirit trying to communicate with you.

When in fact - it's only a small water pipe - that's loosened (call your plumber) :-*

I don't think you are crazy - just take a break from all of this spooky hooky paranormal stuff for a while - and get out more in mother nature.

She is far more beautiful, interesting and real :tu:

@ Edit to add -

Btw welcome to UM....and don't let any of them scare you off.

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 6

How about some of us have spent years into this type of stuff and only found that it was their subconscious all along. That it's only 'real' if you belief it real but that doesn't make it fact.

How about some of us have spent years into this type of stuff and only found that it was their subconscious all along. That it's only 'real' if you belief it real but that doesn't make it fact.

Id say you are still limited to your own experiences, and in no way does that mean others have had the same. Heck I experienced a very freaky haunting, and I was forced to believe it. I wouldn't have otherwise.

• Like 2

Well, what a lovely bunch of human beings we have here.

I am not one to jump on every little incidence, say a knock, and automatically assume it is something paranormal.

Yes I believe in it, I believe there is something more out there than just the black and white that you such people see.

There are shades of greys and in between.

I dont expect you to believe me, and I know Im not crazy at all.

Some of these things you just have to experience for yourself.

Until you do then it will always seem far fetched.

I cant explain to you, what its like to see dark shadows unexpectedly, to feel something touch you, to hear footsteps, and when you check no one is home at all.

To feel someone pass away at the exact time of their death, being three floors away and having no idea whats going on in that room with the full code.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Edited to remove inflammatory remarks
  • Like 2

- Thread cleaned -

Could we keep the comments in this thread civil and constructive please, thank you.

• Like 1

Hey - some folk really believe in this kind of stuff - whether you like it or not.

You are being naive - in the fact that you lack tolerance and understanding - so instead - you feel the need to shoot off your smart @ss mouth so you can be like the rest of them.

Since you are a believer in the paranormal - then you are probably more apt to misconstrue things on a subconscious level.

If you believe in ghosts - then sure enough you'll see ghosts (or imagine that you do) the same thing with dark shadows -

half the time it's our eye's playing tricks on us.

For example - if you should hear two 'knocks' on your wall - and since you are into the paranormal - then you would likely think it is a spirit trying to communicate with you.

I'm well aware some people believe in it, that's fine, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Im certainly not being naive nor gullible.

I feel you have completely contradicted yourself with the rest of your quote, faulty plumbing is faulty plumbing, not aunt Edna.

But if so many people do this & that, then where is the proof? There are MANY things we feel, see & sense that we cannot explain, but i will not take every word some one says as gospel truth, wether you likemit or not. I will restrain myself from shooting off my smart @ss mouth/fingers any more, if you wish to falsely encourage some one then so be it.

No, actually, I wouldn't. I would listen and try my best to answer your questions.

• Like 2

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? How do you deal with absorbing other people's emotions? How do you know who to deliver messages to?

Consider one option, only you can deduce your own truth and validate your own experiences, we can help but it is your work, your self, and your soul, but consider that doors opening and closing, entities, be they of a boy nearby, a person possessing you, or an evil presence bearing down on your group, as all your own creation and generation,

Poltergeist activity, specifically, is generated by a person and does not exist as a standalone entity, and this could carry into specifics of other energies that are given characteristics, such as male, dead, or evil,

The other alternative regarding the hospital spirit that pushed into you or passed through as your own magnetic or vampiric energy.

Regardless I recommend downtime, rituals that separate your work at the hospital and on the field from your own time off the clock, per se, always close your chakras, (open them first and cleanse them), connect yourself to ground and sky, and also practice mindfulness meditation so you are more in tune with all and not as susceptible to your sensitivities. This does not mean dampen them unless this is your desire, but instead they will be more focused and clear so that you can command or request them to leave by allowing them to sink into the ground and become recycled if still feeling it is external, or if internal, perhaps simply letting them go and float away for that is how airy some of our worries can be.

Are you worried? Or just curious? Don't over worry but don't jump into a group scene or new area without your feelers being focused. Maybe you just have too many channels open? Close what streams of information you are in tune to. This is my problem as well.

• Like 2

Unrelated to the above answer is this one, maybe you are HSP? Researching this will offer techniques to allay your absorption issues.

For who to direct messages towards? Silent prayer, wishes, hopes, desires, or communication can be more effective than using words. Never alarm anyone. Don't hype. Don't create a sense of danger. If you sense it you can likely lift it using your own internal mechanisms.

If you wish to summon grande help consider calling all your ancestors and descendants to come help.

Then why come to these threads and read them if you think it's rubbish?

• Like 2

Well, what a lovely bunch of human beings we have here.

Yes - some human beings here are just that.

I am not one to jump on every little incidence, say a knock, and automatically assume it is something paranormal.

If you are referring to my post - I simply used that as an example as - (there are usually rational explanations for things that go 'bump' in the night)

In many instances - imagination and the subconscious play a huge roll....especially if your prone to believe in the paranormal stuff.

Yes I believe in it, I believe there is something more out there than just the black and white that you such people see

You are welcome to believe in anything you want - you came here remember - with your questions and asking for advise.

Btw - as in the 'bolded' words above. What do you mean by 'you such people' ?

That comes across (to me anyway) that you are more special than others :rolleyes:

Have you ever had yourself properly tested - because of this 'special' gift ?

and I know Im not crazy at all.

Nobody said you were - you were the one who seemed unsure about that. Go and read your own post.

Some of these things you just have to experience for yourself.Until you do then it will always seem far fetched.

People experience odd things often - including myself. Not everybody jumps to the conclusion - that it's the paranormal though.

I cant explain to you, what its like to see dark shadows unexpectedly, to feel something touch you, to hear footsteps, and when you check no one is home at all.

To feel someone pass away at the exact time of their death, being three floors away and having no idea whats going on in that room with the full code.

Oh - believe in whatever you like - believe that you have a special gift - believe that you are better than everybody else...who cares :sleepy:

It's the last time tho - that I'll even bother to understand... and stick up for you again :tu:

Have a nice day :st

• Like 1

I'm well aware some people believe in it, that's fine, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Im certainly not being naive nor gullible.

I feel you have completely contradicted yourself with the rest of your quote, faulty plumbing is faulty plumbing, not aunt Edna.

But if so many people do this & that, then where is the proof? There are MANY things we feel, see & sense that we cannot explain, but i will not take every word some one says as gospel truth, wether you likemit or not. I will restrain myself from shooting off my smart @ss mouth/fingers any more, if you wish to falsely encourage some one then so be it.

I think you are confused - go and read my post again *sigh*...

Hi,

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?

Not specifically the experience you describe. There are those that have I suspect. An em-path would relate to what you describe better than those who do not sense such thing.

How do you deal with absorbing other people's emotions?

There is no simple answer. I can say that what you sense and feel from another does not need to be your physical experience. When you are ready to elevate your perspective about these things then things can start to improve for you.

How do you know who to deliver messages to?

Another good question. You can reach a point where you can ask the spirit self of the person in question when something needs to be said and what.

In my view, it is best to be kind to those who have no understanding about these things and ignore their efforts to upset you.

John

• Like 1

You are not going crazy. You are very psychic. You need however to have a strong shield of protection around you so that you don't have something of a negative energy attach or follow you. So ..find a good prayer to say ..and say it often.. And don't forget to say prayer for others as well.

@Jessica Christ - I'm not really worried at all about what I experience. On very rare occasions have I ever felt "scared" by anything I've seen. Curious perhaps. My main thing is just learning how to hone it so I can turn it off if I need be. Being in large crowded areas I do feel more anxious than I used to. Im not sure if its because there are more energies that I'm picking up on. I was just wondering really if anyone else has had what I would describe as a spirit passing away through them. Its not that it scared me either exactly, it was just such a unique feeling . The only thing I didnt really like was the wave of emotions that came after it that I knew were not my own. I dont want that to happen because it will get in the way of my work.

I think that I need to try meditating and focusing my energy. Thank you for your kind words!

@Astra. - I completely understand. I wasn't attacking you or anything. I was to clarifying to people who think that that is always the case. I do whole heartedly agree that there are usually rational explainations for majority of "paranormal" things. Some people do let their imaginations get carried away and subconsciously want to believe, that they turn every bump into something its not. I just wanted any othe rpeople who are doubting what I am saying to understand that I do realize that.

No, I do not believe I am more special than anyone else. I just meant in reference to the extremely negative people. I accept your constructive ideals because you were polite and considerate. You make good points and I respect them and agree with some. I am sorry if it came off as insulting to you or anyone else. I was honestly not meant to.

I think the only concern is that I would like to talk to others who have had similar experiences and are knowledgeable. Sure, those who know about it think its "cool" and while yes, at times it can be quite interesting. It can also be very exhausting being constantly bombarded with other people thoughts and feelings. Hence why I would like to learn how to close myself off when needed. But I also havent meant anyone who has experienced the same things as me who I can really talk to and compare with yet. Hence my coming here in search of answers.

I really wish you hadn't taken what I had to say as a personal attack on you. It was not meant to be, and as I have stated I really appreciate what you had to say.

@John - Thank you so much for your kind words. The negativity of others does not really bother me. I just wish they went about it in a kinder way. Rather than jumping to the "you must be mentally ill, someone should take you to an asylum" approach.

__________________________________________________-

@ Deidre - Thank you! I do usually say prayers before investigating places, asking for a light of protection around me and my friends and to only let the light communicate with us.

To anyone reading this interested in my experiences or if you have any experiences of your own, don't hesitate to PM if you are afraid of any negative comments others may throw your way if you respond on this thread.

Edited by lochnessie93

It's just your imagination and subconscious. *snip*

Edited by Saru
Please PM a moderator if you have questions or concerns about a comment being removed.
  • Like 1

You are saying it's all subconscious. You have nearly 5,000 posts. My guess is that some part of you WANTS to believe in the very things you are desperately trying to 'debunk'. It may not be real to YOU but that does not mean it's not real to another person.