Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is going on with me?

lochnessie93

@Astra. - I completely understand. I wasn't attacking you or anything. I was to clarifying to people who think that that is always the case. I do whole heartedly agree that there are usually rational explainations for majority of "paranormal" things. Some people do let their imaginations get carried away and subconsciously want to believe, that they turn every bump into something its not. I just wanted any othe rpeople who are doubting what I am saying to understand that I do realize that.

No, I do not believe I am more special than anyone else. I just meant in reference to the extremely negative people. I accept your constructive ideals because you were polite and considerate. You make good points and I respect them and agree with some. I am sorry if it came off as insulting to you or anyone else. I was honestly not meant to.

I think the only concern is that I would like to talk to others who have had similar experiences and are knowledgeable. Sure, those who know about it think its "cool" and while yes, at times it can be quite interesting. It can also be very exhausting being constantly bombarded with other people thoughts and feelings. Hence why I would like to learn how to close myself off when needed. But I also havent meant anyone who has experienced the same things as me who I can really talk to and compare with yet. Hence my coming here in search of answers.

I really wish you hadn't taken what I had to say as a personal attack on you. It was not meant to be, and as I have stated I really appreciate what you had to say.

All good - no hard feelings.

I wish you well on your journey - and hope you find some of the answers you are searching for.

While doing so tho - remember to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground - and your head out of the clouds.

images%2045_zpsz70fcbgq.jpg

(Been ^ there) ;)

See.

A.

Doctor.

Right, because he wants to be involuntarily committed to a mental ward for observation...NOT.

The only reason you would tell him to see a doctor would be so that he is locked up. You know how modern medicine views psychic phenomenon. What a horrible thing to suggest.

And don't listen to skeptical people.. I have had alot of experiences myself.. And whenever I have told others I saw something happen before it actually occurred.. People will get very weird ,say you are mental.. It makes people fearful etc..we all have these abilities.. And yet it seems society does not accept anything that is already there ..we are born with intuition.. And most close this aspect off.

And don't listen to skeptical people.. I have had alot of experiences myself.. And whenever I have told others I saw something happen before it actually occurred.. People will get very weird ,say you are mental.. It makes people fearful etc..we all have these abilities.. And yet it seems society does not accept anything that is already there ..we are born with intuition.. And most close this aspect off.

Many of us have had experiences. Yet to ignore rational thought from skeptical people is bad advice.

I agree as far as intuition is concerned - it's our ability to understand something instinctively (gut feeling)...

It is very different from having a precognition tho - a foreknowledge of an event before it happens as in a sudden vision or dream.

I simply don't buy into that - if anything - I'd probably put it down as being more of a coincidence than anything else - or more wishful thinking on the part of the dreamer - or the person who claims they had a vision (if that 'something' of the future were to happen)...

Our brains are pretty good at tricking us....

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

Speak for your self.. You are not me and vice versa.

Why so defensive ?

I too started seeing spirits at age 5 or 6, and still do on and off all my life. You are sensitive to the spiritual world, at times it will become stronger as this ability will fluctuate from time to time. It took me a long time before I got use to it - then I was able to communicate to some of them, pick up private things and future just holding jewellery belonging to buddies, startling events came true. I see ghost, some spirits that traveled back and forth from other dimensions, one demon, and some were residual energy just imprints from the past. :cry:

I guess guys can't understand this who haven't experienced this type of phonmena first hand - they think we're wacko @ hallucinating. I have a responsible job, can't afford to be cukoo.

Right, because he wants to be involuntarily committed to a mental ward for observation...NOT.

The only reason you would tell him to see a doctor would be so that he is locked up. You know how modern medicine views psychic phenomenon. What a horrible thing to suggest.

Yes, naught me for suggesting he seek professional aid. Better off listening to random people hiding behind false names on the Internet.

• Like 1

Well I'm getting the vibe that the OP is a 'she' not a 'he'.

I'm going by 'nessie' in her user name lochnessie 93.

Or maybe I'm just psychic :w00t:

• Like 2

I too started seeing spirits at age 5 or 6, and still do on and off all my life. You are sensitive to the spiritual world, at times it will become stronger as this ability will fluctuate from time to time. It took me a long time before I got use to it - then I was able to communicate to some of them, pick up private things and future just holding jewellery belonging to buddies, startling events came true. I see ghost, some spirits that traveled back and forth from other dimensions, one demon, and some were residual energy just imprints from the past. :cry:

I guess guys can't understand this who haven't experienced this type of phonmena first hand - they think we're wacko @ hallucinating. I have a responsible job, can't afford to be cukoo.

I find that the more you can communicate with spirits the easier it becomes to learn things. The best spirit to build a relationship with is your own spirit self. I often wonder why more of us do not consider such a thing.

• Like 1

Hey guys - there's no harm seeing spirit - they just get lonely @ want to get a message across!

Whose defensive? To say my mind plays tricks on me when I've foreseen events.. Ahead of time etc..eerily.. As in odds of probability don't apply etc.. My mind is playing tricks on me as you say, is your input and opinion of a subjective biased nature. You can t speculate on my experience s as you don't know.

Our minds are pattern recognition machines. To perceive the future is to see the event fold out based on preconceived notions. I've had a lot of dreams that became a reality. Not the question is, did I see the future or make it happen. All the events that I saw because a subconscious drive to fulfilling that pattern. So all my conscious and unconscious actions made it happen. If the event was none personal it's just a matter of perception.

While I can fully support intuition (instinct) I have a lot of trouble accepting fancy psychic abilities.

Even in the case of seeing a ghost or having a paranormal experience. Sure there might be more to that moment in time. Yet it is very easy to 'manifest' a ghost/demon/angel. These mind phantoms are the manifestation of subconscious desire. They can be 'felt', seen, and heard. Which mean they are hallucinations. Does this mean that 100% of the time it's just your imagination, no. It means that 95% of the time it's your imagination.

Things like energy healing's and healing prayers are placebo effects. I'm not trying to crap on anyone's fantasy, I've spent a lot of time figuring out the how and why of the occult and paranormal. It's largely psychology.

• Like 1

Has anyone else had any experiences like this? How do you deal with absorbing other people's emotions? How do you know who to deliver messages to?

My opinion is that we aren't 'absorbing' emotions from others, it's just simply feeling the connectivity we all have with one another. If and when you are supposed to deliver any messages, you will know. It's not a guessing game, you will just have to be patient.

So yeah, I agree that some ppl do have their heads in the clouds when it comes to psychic abilities and I also believe that the foretelling of the future is not very likely, we make our own futures, but if there's one thing my ex taught me is that the spiritual world is very,VERY real, his family goes to this medium and yeah she is very good at what she does to put it lightly. Anyway kinda went off topic there. I have a friend who is very much like you and she is extremely sensitive to the emotions of other people, example being she's got a friend who cuts herself, couple of weekends ago she felt a very strong cutting pain in her right forearm, I told her to check her friends arm on Monday, she found several new cuts. The way she blocks it out is to zone out, just go somewhere else, then she says she can't feel other people emotions/pain

Edited by Cheshirecat1723

That's arguable. Since we are homo sapiens. But that's a different topic for a different thread. Do a bit more research for yourself on mirror neurons. I've given you the first step. The rest is up to you.

That's arguable. Since we are homo sapiens. But that's a different topic for a different thread. Do a bit more research for yourself on mirror neurons. I've given you the first step. The rest is up to you.

I read the entire article. Did you?! It states in the article, that YOU linked to, the research on mirror neurons has not been replicated in humans. I have to add that science seems to have the answer for almost every phenomena that is reported. The problem with that is most scientists test their theories with lab animals and in a very controlled setting. We aren't monkeys, rats, or pigs and while the electric currents in our brains might fire similarly, they are not human. I always try and hear both sides. I didn't immediately poo poo the idea of mirror neurons. I'm familiar with the term. It just doesn't explain the OP's experience.

Edited by barbco196
  • Like 1

*snip* Empathy can also be based on subconscious cue. I call it sympathetic empathy. In other words you simple replicate the emotions of those around you based on cues. Sure they could be some type of 'psychic' element to it. But psychic is taken from psyche or consciousness. Unless they are particularly sensitive to electromagnetic fields (people generate a weak one of these) then that could possibly be an explanation. But it would be a subconscious interpretation of the information. Still this doesn't make it psychic at all, more along the lines of our animal instincts. Could even be based on pheromones.

Edited by Saru
See rule 5b.
  • Like 1

It's hard to get use to but it is unlikely to go away. My opinion is that you were given a gift. Part of your life contract.

I can tell when people are sick and going to die. When I was young I would rush right in and tell them. Don't do that.

Most people really don't want to know and it is not your job to tell them.

Telling them won't change what is going to happen to them. What I do is mention to them that they don't look well and

ask them if they are OK. if they are accepting I go on to tell them about a friend who looked the same and ______?

is what they had. As tactfully as possible. People don''t understand or accept the possibility that there are people

who see disease and death.

I had an acquaintance I worked with who I suddenly noticed he had liver cancer and would die in 2 years. So I mentioned to him that he looked green and probably should see

a doctor and get some liver tests. He didn't. 6 weeks later when I saw him I asked if he went to the doctor and he just blew me off. I lost control and started yelling, "GD, you

have liver cancer. Get your sorry ass to the DX." Next time I saw him he started yelling at me. He went to the DX and yes, he had terminal liver cancer. He yelled at me that I had

caused it and I was some kind of evil witch. "I was trying to save your life you DUMB F&%$er. He died of liver cancer.

I've gotten much better at getting people to go to the DX. The only advantage is that they get some help before they die. I have come to accept that people just don't want to know

so I don't tell most people if I see something.

I know now that I can't change God's will by warning people. I have been warned about many loved ones but I can't change the outcome. I can't get anyone to take it seriously and why should they? There is also the added problem that DXs can't see it with their tests when I see it.

I've only helped a half dozen people by warning them. They are usually friends who have seen it happen. One of them won't say hello before he asks me how he looks.

For all you flamers: I keep a record of those instances when I see disease and death. Unfortunately, I have never been wrong. I would not have been at all unhappy if it were just my imagination. It's a sad burden to know and not be able to help.

I also have the problem of being able to hear what people are thinking and they seem to immediately tell me their deepest, darkest, secrets. I really, really, don't want to know. I interviewed a guy for a job once and during the interview he just started telling me about his sex life. OMG! I tried 3 or 4 times to change the subject before he finally stopped telling me about his escapades.

I also seem to get blamed for God's will. A guy I worked with had his only child die suddenly. He was only 18 and fine on Friday and dead on Sunday night. So sad. When the guy came back to work the very first thing he did was yell at me. "It's not fair! It shouldn't have happened. Why would God do that."? I wanted to believe that he was just severely bereft. A week later I sat down at his lunch table with 6 other people. He went right to me with the same "It's not fair! It shouldn't have happened. Why would God do that."? I had hoped I would prove to myself that he did this to everyone but he didn't.

So, you need to ask yourself when you are feeling emotions whether they are yours or someone else'. Working in a hospital will be very hard on you if you can't separate you from them. But it is a good place to hone your skill. I can't do it. If I spend too much time around someone that is ill I take on their disease. May I suggest you start your reading lessons with "Spiritual protection" available on Amazon. #1 on list. I don't practice witchcraft as the author does but I found the information about protecting yourself very helpful.

My approach to my "gifts" is to try to find a scientific correlation. Quantum Physics gives me lots of answers and the Movie "Bleep, Down the Rabbit Hole" really helped clarify.

I can't tell you the point of it all. I know but I can't tell. You aren't crazy!

• Like 1

Our minds are pattern recognition machines. To perceive the future is to see the event fold out based on preconceived notions. I've had a lot of dreams that became a reality. Not the question is, did I see the future or make it happen. All the events that I saw because a subconscious drive to fulfilling that pattern. So all my conscious and unconscious actions made it happen. If the event was none personal it's just a matter of perception.

While I can fully support intuition (instinct) I have a lot of trouble accepting fancy psychic abilities.

Even in the case of seeing a ghost or having a paranormal experience. Sure there might be more to that moment in time. Yet it is very easy to 'manifest' a ghost/demon/angel. These mind phantoms are the manifestation of subconscious desire. They can be 'felt', seen, and heard. Which mean they are hallucinations. Does this mean that 100% of the time it's just your imagination, no. It means that 95% of the time it's your imagination.

Things like energy healing's and healing prayers are placebo effects. I'm not trying to crap on anyone's fantasy, I've spent a lot of time figuring out the how and why of the occult and paranormal. It's largely psychology.

You are relating to a fictional movie, IRobot. Great movie by the way. Our minds, our primal brains are pattern recognition based. It is true that many people want so badly to be psychic that they delude themselves into believing it or they just plan lie. True psychic ability is very rare but it does exist. True psychics will rarely have a booth at a psychic fair. Psychics and mediums do exist but they rarely make themselves known. They aren't here for money or fame. They don't need your belief or approval.

YOU ARE absolutely correct about the phonies or false believers. It is all based on psychology. Psychic readers always tell their clients the same things because they are based on basic human psychology. If you are a woman the psychic will tell you that there was a period of time during your teenage years that you didn't get along with your Mom. It's a very common "reading."

If the psychic can't tell you something that there is no way they could know, walk away politely. The fact has to be so obscure that there is absolutely no way they could know.

Don't be close minded. Keep seeking the truth! I was resistant to the prayer affect until I tested it. Sincere prayer does make a difference but they are unlikely going to cause God to change anything. He does have a plan.

• Like 2

Id say you are still limited to your own experiences, and in no way does that mean others have had the same. Heck I experienced a very freaky haunting, and I was forced to believe it. I wouldn't have otherwise.

That's it. It's a bit like, "it hasn't happened to me, so it hasn't happened to you". We don't have to be a gullible believer or a dogmatic debunker. There is a middle ground. There's nothing wrong with skepticism. There's also nothing wrong with having an open mind. It's sometimes hard to find the right approach or balance when it comes to the paranormal. We bring our baggage with us. This skews our objectivity and perception, and there are times when it leads to extremist views. "It's impossible for extraterrestrials to exist." "I buy *all* claims of alien abductions." It's easy to identify the fringes, but it's hard to find the truth.

• Like 1