Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypnotized patients undergo brain surgery

UM-Bot

Hypnosis has been found to be a viable alternative to anesthesia for patients undergoing brain surgery.

Having someone perform a surgical procedure on your brain while you are still awake might sound like a horrific ordeal at the best of times, but now doctors in France have been trialing a new technique which involves hypnotizing the patient instead of administering an anesthetic.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/290020/hypnotized-patients-undergo-brain-surgery

• Like 2

I could be wrong here, but, I thought that many neurosurgical procedures on a human brain are done "while they are awake" so as to enlist "real-time" feedback.

Some exceptions for this, of course.

And there are many people who refuse to allow to be hypnotized .

• Like 2

The presumption with this is that the patient allows clinical hypnosis, I would think? (I don't know)

• Like 1

That would be me I think. I don't have much faith in that method and would prefer an anesthetic.

I am a hypnotist, and the human brain and the abilities it has never ceases to amaze me!

I could be wrong here, but, I thought that many neurosurgical procedures on a human brain are done "while they are awake" so as to enlist "real-time" feedback.

Some exceptions for this, of course.

Correct, however the patient is supplied drugs (numbing agents) whereas Hypnosis is natural. Hypnotic Anesthesia is fairly easy to acheive. however to achieve this for a surgical operation is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by The Id3al Experience

Correct, back in the days it was thought that about only 50% of people could be hypnotised. It is now known that 100% can, as it is a normal daily process we go through. Its only that when resistance happens then the natural occuring state is blocked by the consious mind And hypnosis works on a subconsious level.