Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ape signs: 'Man stupid, protect Earth'

seeder

Hmmm...

An ape 'that' smart?

Man stupid, protect Earth... New Year message from Koko the talking gorilla, who urges humanity to stop destroying the planet

The 44-year-old gorilla has been learning sign language since she was one

This year she was filmed delivering a 60-second New Year's message

The 38-word bulletin revealed she loved flowers, animals and man

But it also revealed the gorilla was unhappy with man killing the earth

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3381459/Man-stupid-protect-Earth-New-Year-message-Koko-talking-gorilla-urges-humanity-stop-destroying-planet.html#ixzz3w38u47nJ

• Like 3

The message was scripted by NOE Conservation, based in France, whose main focus is preserving biodiversity, and The Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, California, where Koko has lived since 1979, immersed in human company.
  • Like 6

[/size][/font][/color]

Hey hey hey. We need less critical reading of the articles and more awesome knee jerk reactions (which directly corresponds to my new years resolution of embracing ignorance, lack of thinking all while censoring my own speech to be unoffensive to everybody, thing, being, object, sexuality, religion...but not fish. Nobody cares about fish. And they should not).

• Like 5

Hey hey hey. We need less critical reading of the articles and more awesome knee jerk reactions (which directly corresponds to my new years resolution of embracing ignorance, lack of thinking all while censoring my own speech to be unoffensive to everybody, thing, being, object, sexuality, religion...but not fish. Nobody cares about fish. And they should not).

I hate fish so much.

• Like 4

Mostly it the Fish Entitlement that we are bombarded with daily.

They always seem to want more and more. Can't they just be happy with what they have? I know, some will say im a fishist, but I don't care. I've just had it with all the damn fish in this country!!!

• Like 2

They always seem to want more and more. Can't they just be happy with what they have? I know, some will say im a fishist, but I don't care. I've just had it with all the damn fish in this country!!!

Did you ever think about how unfairly skewed everything in this nation is towards fish?

Have you seen the statistics for the number of fish drown in this country last year compared to white men drowned.? Shocking!

And do you think some supermarket is going to make me a bed of ice to sleep on? No! My manager is going to be telling me to lie out the ice for the fish.

• Like 3

Did you ever think about how unfairly skewed everything in this nation is towards fish?

Have you seen the statistics for the number of fish drown in this country last year compared to white men drowned.? Shocking!

And do you think some supermarket is going to make me a bed of ice to sleep on? No! My manager is going to be telling me to lie out the ice for the fish.

Maybe just once, i would like to have a bed of ice of my own. The system is set up o favor fish, though. We all know that.

• Like 1

She is said to be able to understand 1,000 words of US sign language and 2,000 words of spoken English, but there has been controversy about whether her own use of signs is simple, reward-related mimicry or something more meaningful.

As much as I am impressed by the level of intelligence that some animals display I'd have to go with the former, rather than the latter in this case.

Edited by S2F
  • Like 2

We should build a dam. And make the fish pay for it!!!

I get stopped at boarder check points 50 miles from Mexico all while fish have the expectation of unlimited free navigation of rivers, streams or waterways? And for what, so that they can hold wild fish orgies that end in the deaths of everybody participating.

Something is wrong with the system.

• Like 1

I get stopped at boarder check points 50 miles from Mexico all while fish have the expectation of unlimited free navigation of rivers, streams or waterways? And for what, so that they can hold wild fish orgies that end in the deaths of everybody participating.

Something is wrong with the system.

Thanks, obama.

He was probably born up river.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

Thanks, obama.

He was probably born up river.

Great now I gotta reexamine his Hawaiian birth certificate to see if it mentions his father as being Sol, Scrod or Marlin.

• Like 1

Eh, I think that this stretches credibility a little too far. As smart as apes are, I don't think they could be this direct in regards to the protection of the planet.

• Like 3

Eh, I think that this stretches credibility a little too far. As smart as apes are, I don't think they could be this direct in regards to the protection of the planet.

Did you miss my post in this thread?

The message was scripted by NOE Conservation, based in France, whose main focus is preserving biodiversity, and The Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, California, where Koko has lived since 1979, immersed in human company.

• Like 1

So in other words it's a fraud then and he was shown what to do by his Handlers, and then repeated it, thereby giving the impression that the Great Apes are conscious of current affairs and have an environmental consciousness.

Edited by Norbert the Powerful
  • Like 2

So in other words it's a fraud then and he was shown what to do by his Handlers, and then repeated it, thereby giving the impression that the Great Apes are conscious of current affairs and have an environmental consciousness.

Just like politicians.

Koko for Prez!

Harte

• Like 2

They should have shown footage of garbage everywhere. Then have her sign "It's a madhouse!".

• Like 1

The ape only made the gestures it was instructed to make, without any comprehension as to its message. Which is why each gesture is recorded individually rather than as an uncut, seamless sequence of gestures.

Edited by Ashyne

Take this, Koko:

"Ape stupid. Parrots stupid humans."

Harte

• Like 2

She. And she is a rather smart ape.

• Like 2

She should have signed "corporations and poachers have slaughtered most of my kind. Please help save my people." That would be eerie..

• Like 1