Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tips to find a ghost

sky4445

Seriously - sometimes I feel like I'm in the movie - 'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' at UM...

Marketing groups investing a lot of money in research just to get you to buy their products. Tag on a sexy model and the product their passing off. Subtle influences. Nothing magical about it. Just giving people the desire for what they want them to buy. Same with the sigils. Companies use logos all the time.

starbucks_logo_new.jpg

It's what you associate with the image that gives it 'power' over you. It's the same 'power' that gives an emotional charge to religious symbols. It's pure psychology. Nothing mystical. You can view it that way but in reality it's nothing of the sort. I don't. I just see it as self programming.

As for the ghost sigil. It works on the same principal.

"I will see a ghost"

WAFHT

Turn those letters into a symbol, a monogram of thought. Give it an emotional charge and let your subconscious do the work. You'll see 'ghost'. Doesn't mean they are real.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Turn those letters into a symbol, a monogram of thought. Give it an emotional charge and let your subconscious do the work. You'll see 'ghost'. Doesn't mean they are real.

I am not sure how long you put your method into practice before any actual results, yet to achieve these things in a short period I believe would not be effective.

However, it is true that evil entities do most of their harm physiologically, and in very rare cases physical harm depending on how much you start believing in their existence, and also negativity plays a part to make them stronger to torment and manifest.

I've had 10 years worth of practice in sigil magick. It's the only method to give me repeatable results and it works through psychology. Sometimes I've wondered if it works through something more.

Marketing groups investing a lot of money in research just to get you to buy their products. Tag on a sexy model and the product their passing off. Subtle influences. Nothing magical about it. Just giving people the desire for what they want them to buy. Same with the sigils. Companies use logos all the time.

starbucks_logo_new.jpg

It's what you associate with the image that gives it 'power' over you. It's the same 'power' that gives an emotional charge to religious symbols. It's pure psychology. Nothing mystical. You can view it that way but in reality it's nothing of the sort. I don't. I just see it as self programming.

As for the ghost sigil. It works on the same principal.

"I will see a ghost"

WAFHT

Ookay.......

As I always say to non-believers..... If you lived in a haunted house for 20 years, like I did, you would be slightly less skeptical! The truth is out there -- and probably walking through walls with its head under its arm.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

Ookay.......

It's the same as your Cemetery experience when you were younger. Just think of the spooky environment was your trigger. Xeno is just giving a different example of a trigger.

• Like 1

I've had 10 years worth of practice in sigil magick. It's the only method to give me repeatable results and it works through psychology. Sometimes I've wondered if it works through something more.

I remember you told me a few months that on one Halloween's night, you were using rituals to summon spirits and after a while you seen of what looked like a cat appeared, and it ran into a grave and vanished.

My question to you is, were you thinking of a cat to appear and what do you think exactly happened that night?

Edited by Hudds

You asked. I answered. I don't expect anyone to believe me. Honestly don't care if they did.

I appreciate all your views, answers and suggestions, all comes from your knowledge, experience and belief. You are not just trolling around. and I respect that XenoFish.

• Like 1

I remember you told me a few months that on one Halloween's night, you were using rituals to summon spirits and after a while you seen of what looked like a cat appeared, and it ran into a grave and vanished.

My question to you is, were you thinking of a cat to appear and what do you think exactly happened that night?

During that night I saw a tall slender man type figure (didn't even know who slendy was at that time), a black dog that ran into and vanished in the grave marker, and a black cat that ran into the woods. I think the cat was real. Was I thinking of the tall spirit or the dog, not consciously. I think it might have been an unconscious expectation. I'm agnostic when it comes to metaphysics. Since I don't know exactly what's going on. I always try to find a logical explanation first before assuming anything.

I appreciate all your views, answers and suggestions, all comes from your knowledge, experience and belief. You are not just trolling around. and I respect that XenoFish.

Thanks. I only troll people when they get way to serious about something.

• Like 1

During that night I saw a tall slender man type figure (didn't even know who slendy was at that time), a black dog that ran into and vanished in the grave marker, and a black cat that ran into the woods. I think the cat was real. Was I thinking of the tall spirit or the dog, not consciously. I think it might have been an unconscious expectation. I'm agnostic when it comes to metaphysics. Since I don't know exactly what's going on. I always try to find a logical explanation first before assuming anything.

My bad, yes it was a black dog which ran and vanished into the grave marker not a cat.

Nobody knew about slender man back in those days, so it's quite strange for you to see that type of man figure and a dog on the grave site without thinking and expecting anything as such. I heard some old folks mention that when they visited their deceased loved ones graves, they also spotted a very tall dark figure of either a man or a women.

• Like 1

My bad, yes it was a black dog which ran and vanished into the grave marker not a cat.

Nobody knew about slender man back in those days, so it's quite strange for you to see that type of man figure and a dog on the grave site without thinking and expecting anything as such. I heard some old folks mention that when they visited their deceased loved ones graves, they also spotted a very tall dark figure of either a man or a women.

That's why I still have a curiosity about all of this. Although I'm still skeptic (keeps me sane lol) I acknowledge that I don't know everything. My experience was only a few years ago. I think that perhaps somewhere in my subconscious the information about the tall man and the dog were there. While I might not have had a conscious intent to see either. Then again it could always have been me opening my perception up to such things? That's the 10 million dollar question.

I've even considered a tulpa theory. One in which all these things exist as thoughts. Literally. Sigil are a way of condensing a thought into a form that can be associated with an 'entity'. This entity doesn't have to be physical at all. It's a thought-form. Existing because you want it to exist. We see it's sigil or hear of the entity. Thus evoking it's image into our own mental sphere.

In the case of haunted places you have a few things going on. The first being purely your imagination. Simply associating things to what you expect from a haunting. Self created haunting's in which there is the potential for some kind of psychokinetic and psychological manifestation. Then the last (which I consider rare) is an actual haunting. Maybe we're all connected through some kind of thought sphere, on in which we share ideas on a subconscious level?

I think to much lol.

Edited by XenoFish

That's why I still have a curiosity about all of this. Although I'm still skeptic (keeps me sane lol) I acknowledge that I don't know everything. My experience was only a few years ago. I think that perhaps somewhere in my subconscious the information about the tall man and the dog were there. While I might not have had a conscious intent to see either. Then again it could always have been me opening my perception up to such things? That's the 10 million dollar question.

In the case of haunted places you have a few things going on. The first being purely your imagination. Simply associating things to what you expect from a haunting. Self created haunting's in which there is the potential for some kind of psychokinetic and psychological manifestation. Then the last (which I consider rare) is an actual haunting. Maybe we're all connected through some kind of thought sphere, on in which we share ideas on a subconscious level?

I think you may have opened your perception to such things, your ritual that night may have actually worked because you believed in it and especially being at the right place? I'm not saying that because it was grave site but the right place can be any particular place. As far as I can remember you also mentioned, you woke up in the morning and found things altered in your kitchen? but you did not get scared or felt concerned you simply laughed it off, and with that non-negative reaction, you may have not given entities a chance to further play with you, perhaps.

People do jump at the chance of being haunted, because of strange or weird things happening. Many times there is a logical explanation for it all. I agree, there are the rare actual hauntings, which all depends on people how much they allow the entities to play with them, the more they believe, fear and negativity people show towards entities, the more torment and manifestation they will go through unfortunately.

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

Do you know how suggestion works? Like affirmations where you convince yourself that something is true when in fact it's not. Same principal. It's basically a symbolic means of implanting suggestions into one's psyche.

To give the cliff notes versions. You'll basically be implanting the idea that a place is haunted and the subconscious will fill in the blanks. It's up to the individual to choose if they want to do it or not. If you want to see ghost you will.

Did YOU actually read my post? Thanks for completely sidestepping the question. Bye.

Please clarify. Do you believe? If belief is required, then do you not see a rather large (and irresponsible and potentially dangerous) problem with what you are posting as 'recommendations'???

Either way, can you explain how you have verified the content of your posts above, eg this one? They look an awful lot like unsupported gibberish, but perhaps I am missing something...

I didn't think your question was important on any level. If you think it's B.S. then so be it.

I think you may have opened your perception to such things, your ritual that night may have actually worked because you believed in it and especially being at the right place? I'm not saying that because it was grave site but the right place can be any particular place. As far as I can remember you also mentioned, you woke up in the morning and found things altered in your kitchen? but you did not get scared or felt concerned you simply laughed it off, and with that non-negative reaction, you may have not given entities a chance to further play with you, perhaps.

People do jump at the chance of being haunted, because of strange or weird things happening. Many times there is a logical explanation for it all. I agree, there are the rare actual hauntings, which all depends on people how much they allow the entities to play with them, the more they believe, fear and negativity people show towards entities, the more torment and manifestation they will go through unfortunately.

It's that random weirdness in life. Either you dismiss it and not put the effort into figuring it out, accept it safely and not end up a fruit loop, accept it and become a fruit loop, or you explore it. I'd rather say "I tried it" than just call it garbage to begin with. At least I would have to experience to say what I think with some level of confidence.

It's that random weirdness in life. Either you dismiss it and not put the effort into figuring it out, accept it safely and not end up a fruit loop, accept it and become a fruit loop, or you explore it. I'd rather say "I tried it" than just call it garbage to begin with. At least I would have to experience to say what I think with some level of confidence.

I agree, very well said XenoFish.

• Like 1

A few parting comments. See if you can spot the sarcasm..

This stuff is all completely harmless. No-one ever gets hurt or affected or scared, not even the young or naive. So, by all means make up your own occult symbolism, verify that ghosts really do exist, and tell the scariest stories you like to anyone at any age level. You don't need to support or back up anything you say, and to those sticks in the mud who would suggest a little common sense and caution might be required, just tell 'em they have no sense of humour or that you were just bein' a harmless troll.. Coz it's great fun watchin' the dumb victims squirm, become fearful of the night and become easy prey for those who claim to ward off/communicate with those of the nether reality...

Yep, all perfectly harmless. Troll on, guys.

This stuff is all completely harmless. No-one ever gets hurt or affected or scared, not even the young or naive. So, by all means make up your own occult symbolism, verify that ghosts really do exist, and tell the scariest stories you like to anyone at any age level. You don't need to support or back up anything you say, and to those sticks in the mud who would suggest a little common sense and caution might be required, just tell 'em they have no sense of humour or that you were just bein' a harmless troll.. Coz it's great fun watchin' the dumb victims squirm, become fearful of the night and become easy prey for those who claim to ward off/communicate with those of the nether reality...

Meh. No one forcing anyone's hand bub.

An intelligent and polite conversation from you, would have been very much appreciated.

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

I simply don't understand how your 'sigil magik' stuff - has really got anything to do with those who believe in ghosts and spirits.

Many people simply start off believing in ghosts etc.... because they felt and believed that they had experienced something paranormal and could not find a logical explanation......@ basically covered in post #21

Maybe you should consider opening up a new thread on your 'sigil magik' - 'self programming'.... and your opinion on 'Company's and their Logo's' elsewhere. (I'm sure most are aware of the subliminal messages - that clever advertising company's use on the masses)

All in all - it still seems rather irrelevant to this thread.

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

I gave a tip to find a ghost. As for starting my own topic about sigil magick. Nope. There are other places for that. Just google it.

I gave a tip to find a ghost. As for starting my own topic about sigil magick. Nope. There are other places for that. Just google it.

Agh well - have it your way.

Google ? no thank you....I really couldn't be bothered :)

• Like 1