Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gunmen occupy Federal building

Sir Wearer of Hats

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/peaceful-protest-oregon-wildlife-refuge-action-36061121

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/armed_domestic_terror_patriot_militia_members_have_taken_over_a_federal_building_in_oregon

So, looks like a posse has taken over a building and is making threats.

They're calling it "a tune for patriots to stand up"

I think I'll call it "terrorism".

But the phrase I think both sides can agree on is "**** just got real".

• Like 7

I thought pretty much the same thing.

Guns + occupying fed building = an interesting start to the new year.

• Like 2

http://abcnews.go.co...action-36061121

http://www.thenewciv...lding_in_oregon

So, looks like a posse has taken over a building and is making threats.

They're calling it "a tune for patriots to stand up"

I think I'll call it "terrorism".

But the phrase I think both sides can agree on is "**** just got real".

This is terrorism, but dropping bombs from drones on children is not terrorism? I know which one creates more terror.

I think any government that takes tax and does not represent the people should be removed. Just like kicking the kings men out ll those years ago. Washington must of been one hell of a terrorist.

• Like 3

Yes that's right, blowing up children isn't terrorism.

It's bloody murder.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

The Bundy's sound more like a radical bunch of yee haw red necks to me.

• Like 1

I'm sure they had an intelligent reason for taking over a wildlife refuge..

While I disagree with what they are doing, and yes technically this is terrorism. I wouldn't go so far myself, but I do understand. To me, anyone who's payin close attention would see that there does in fact seem to be reason to believe this government and the corporate dirt that they support, want to destroy this country. I mean suddenly we cant get through a year without spending over a trillion dollars? Someones gotta stop these madmen. There are better men then me who in our past would have shed their blood to stop far less then what we have allowed. Makes me feel ashamed really.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

The Bundy's sound more like a radical bunch of yee haw red necks to me.

That's cause they spent a lot of time money and effort to make sure you feel that way.

• Like 3

Well that's a fairly large domestic terrorist group.

Looks like an FBI and DHS crackdown on private militias will be coming very soon.

• Like 3

Dwight and Steven Hammond served their time. If they thought they should have gotten more time for setting the fires they should have given it to them to begin with. To come back later after they are out and give them more isn't right.

• Like 2

From the article

In an interview with reporters late Saturday night that was posted on Facebook, Bundy said he and others are occupying the building because "the people have been abused long enough."

"I feel we are in a situation where if we do not do something, if we do not take a hard stand, we'll be in a position where we'll be no longer able to do so," he said.

Regardless of party, I think there is a lot of people who are starting to feel this way. And I don't think they are wrong.

• Like 4

Good for them. Its about damn time.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be so quick to equate this to the terrorism we are familiar with. I haven't seen anything reported about indiscriminate killing. I don't want to see anyone hurt but the government is definitely out of control and above the law in so many cases. I'm too am suprised we don't see more of this.

• Like 7

I wouldn't be so quick to equate this to the terrorism we are familiar with. I haven't seen anything reported about indiscriminate killing. I don't want to see anyone hurt but the government is definitely out of control and above the law in so many cases. I'm too am suprised we don't see more of this.

Agreed. I'm curious what this might spark

• Like 2

Agreed. I'm curious what this might spark

We are headed down a path as a nation where this kind of event will only become more and more frequent. Large percentages of the population whom I know from the southeast US to Alaska don't recognize the government as an authority in their lives as a result of the ineptness and corruption in Washington. These people are angry at what has happened to America but they have lives to lead and families to care for. It won't take much interference from the government in their daily lives to act as a spark which ignites a fire and it seems that is true for many Americans.

• Like 2

This was settled with Shays' rebellions and the black camp rebellion at the end of the revolutionary war. If not finally settled in the civil war. Firstly there is no legal militia not under the control of state government, following the regulations passed by Congress. I am sick and tired of these unpatriotic militia nuts running around the hills of Idaho calling each other colonel. Time to call them what they are traitors and find the nearest tree. Like it or not, the federal government owns lands in the west and holds them in a national trust. they lease grazing to ranchers, grant mining claims and oil leases. If anything we americans should be demanding more money from these sources. these are nothing but free loaders.

https://en.wikipedia...'_Rebellion

https://en.wikipedia..._Camp_Rebellion

Edited by mbrn30000

Is there even a legal precedent for a judge to issue a further sentence years after a ruled sentence has been served? I know Double Jeopardy laws state no crime can be tried twice. Which law states a crime can be sentenced twice, especially at two intermittent times?

• Like 4

We are headed down a path as a nation where this kind of event will only become more and more frequent. Large percentages of the population whom I know from the southeast US to Alaska don't recognize the government as an authority in their lives as a result of the ineptness and corruption in Washington. These people are angry at what has happened to America but they have lives to lead and families to care for. It won't take much interference from the government in their daily lives to act as a spark which ignites a fire and it seems that is true for many Americans.

Yep. It's why homeland spent so much time money and effort making people believe domestic terrorism is our biggest concern. So they can crack down on just resistance

This was settled with Shays' rebellions and the black camp rebellion at the end of the revolutionary war. If not finally settled in the civil war. Firstly there is no legal militia not under the control of state government, following the regulations passed by Congress. I am sick and tired of these unpatriotic militia nuts running around the hills of Idaho calling each other colonel. Time to call them what they are traitors and find the nearest tree. Like it or not, the federal government owns lands in the west and holds them in a national trust. they lease grazing to ranchers, grant mining claims and oil leases. If anything we americans should be demanding more money from these sources. these are nothing but free loaders.

https://en.wikipedia...'_Rebellion

https://en.wikipedia..._Camp_Rebellion

How do you feel about these people being sentenced twice?

• Like 4

Here is the whole story about the Hammonds ranch and the BLM going back decades. The government are the terrorists in this case. http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/03/full-story-on-whats-going-on-in-oregon-militia-take-over-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge-in-protest-to-hammond-family-persecution/#more-110497

• Like 4

It's obvious you are not familiar with the Bill Of Rights, if you call that terrorism then you do not belong here, Fox news may be hiring I suggest you inquire about a job, use Bill O'reily as a reference.

One death sentence would be fine with me.

Well that was quite the escalation.

• Like 4

Is there even a legal precedent for a judge to issue a further sentence years after a ruled sentence has been served? I know Double Jeopardy laws state no crime can be tried twice. Which law states a crime can be sentenced twice, especially at two intermittent times?

Being sentenced twice still falls under double jeopardy/ex-post facto

• Like 3