Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite Singer!

nebit

Favorite singers...Sting. Thom Yorke (Radiohead) Roy Orbison. Far as guitarists, Jimi at the top of the heap, SRV, Buddy Guy

Favorite singers...Sting. Thom Yorke (Radiohead) Roy Orbison. Far as guitarists, Jimi at the top of the heap, SRV, Buddy Guy

Don't agree with String, but I'm on board with Roy. Roy Orbison had an amazing voice. I was so glad that he was given a chance to display it with the Traveling Wilburys.

https://youtu.be/BkjxToztmm0

Edited by Myles
  • Like 4

Elvis ?

~

~

• Like 4

What's funny is i have Stevie Nicks as one of my top singers of all time aswell! :tu:

I have many bands over Fleetwood on my all time list,but Stevie definatly has one of the most beautiful singing voices EVER!!!

eta

When i say singing i mean stevie could sing live in person and sound amazing,not a bunch of studio touch ups and lip synching when live ;)

One of my favourite all time live performances. Stevie Nicks absolutely smacks it out of the park towards the end of this one!

• Like 3

It's hard to seperate "favourite" and "best." Katie Melua isn't someone I listen to a lot, but she has a voice that could melt butter... plus she's kinda gorgeous... :wub:

Covering The Cure's Just Like Heaven...

Edited by LV-426
  • Like 2

Robert Plant

David Gilmour

Lou Reed

David Bowie

Tom Waits

Peter Gabriel

Grace Slick

Janis Joplin

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Maynard James Keenan

Allison Kraus

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

Maynard James Keenan

Allison Kraus

A beautiful/sweet duet of sounds would be Nicks and Kraus...

Their unique tones would mesh beautifully!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Michael Jackson and Seal.

What's UP? Linda Perry -- 4 NON BLONDES

hmm I'll keep it light  "  And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

Ooh, ooh ooh

And I try, oh my god do I try
I try all the time
In this institution    "

Ok fav guitar players, steveie ray vaghan, jimi hendirx, page , fav singers plant, and u cant for get Freddie his voice was awesome Cant doe get david gilmore

Edited by coolguy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm late to this thread, but I offer Mario Lanza. Perhaps the greatest since Caruso if he had continued his opera career, instead he became a movie star, was an inspiration to Pavarotti, Carreras, Domingo among others in the next era of operatic tenors. Still beloved today and always.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, ElzaJoh said:

Did anyone here listened to Korean songs?

:angry: I had to have a chat with my daughter about playing K-Pop ALL THE TIME!  I actually banned it from the car.  Driver picks the music, passenger shuts her cake hole. 

• Like 3

For me, I don't think I have a favourite singer.  There are so many singers that I love to listen to.  Tarkan, Enrique Iglesias, Adam Lambert, Imagine Dragons, One Republic, 21 Pilots, Powerman 5000, The Tea Party, Kesha, Rihanna, The Kills, Magneta Lane, Ellie Goulding, Pat Benatar, Shakira, Lady Gaga, Cher, Linkin Park...they are all on my favourite Playlist. 

• Like 1

Music, yay I love music!

1) Jim Morrison

2) Layne Stayle

3) Stevie Nicks

4) Sting

5) Izzy Baxter

6) Ellie Rowsell

7) Jimmy Vann

8) Chris Cornell

9) Luke Boerdam

10) James Gallagher

I think that's good for now. :D

Edited by StRoostifer
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 0:43 AM, glorybebe said:

For me, I don't think I have a favourite singer.  There are so many singers that I love to listen to.  Tarkan, Enrique Iglesias, Adam Lambert, Imagine Dragons, One Republic, 21 Pilots, Powerman 5000, The Tea Party, Kesha, Rihanna, The Kills, Magneta Lane, Ellie Goulding, Pat Benatar, Shakira, Lady Gaga, Cher, Linkin Park...they are all on my favourite Playlist. 

Holy cow! Thank you for mentioning The Kills. I love Alison Mosshart's voice and don't know how I forgot about her. She's also great in The Dead Weather too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite performer is John Mann, from Spirit of the West. Phenomenal musician, phenomenal shows, and a phenomenal career taken from him too soon by Alzheimer's.

• 6 months later...

I would have to say my favorite singer is Amy Lee,Evanescence has been my favorite band since high school.

• 3 months later...

My current favorite vocals go to two guys from the Canadian band Sloan. Chris Murphy (bass/drums/vocals) and Patrick Pentland (guitar/vocals) both members of Sloan. 

Then my all time favorite is Paul McCartney.

Other singers I enjoy are Bon Scott (AC/DC). Debby Harry of Blondie. Freddie Mercury of Queen. 

But I don't put a lot of emphasis on singers. I can also listen to just music minus vocals. Lots of people only tune in to the vocals.

To me, music means the music not the singer but that's only me. 

Edited by Sooth Sayer
To add video

Tough to name an all-time favorite. 

I really loved Roy Orbison, Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Trent Reznor, David Bowie, Eddie Vedder, Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode, and more recently Peter Heppner (Wolfsheim) and Ronan Harris (VNV Nation). 

I like people with unique voices.

Some female singers would be Stevie Nicks, Aretha, Etta James, Norah Jones, Tori Amos, Janis Joplin.

Edited by ChaosRose

On 1/4/2016 at 9:20 PM, .ZZ. said:

^ I hear ya.

"Who is the best guitarist?" Yeah, some people have the nerve to say Eddie Van Halen!

I'm more of a Jimmy Page or Clapton kind of guy.

o.o...Jimmy Page

I am still crushing on that guy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Maria Brink of In This Moment

• Like 2