Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Virgin Galactic's second SpaceShipTwo

Waspie_Dwarf

Virgin Galactic's second SpaceShipTwo to roll out on Feb. 19

Jan. 5, 2016 -Virgin Galactic will roll out and christen its second SpaceShipTwo on Feb. 19, fifteen months after its first suborbital spacecraft was lost during a test flight.

The space tourism company, together with The Spaceship Company, Virgin's manufacturing subsidiary, will reveal the newly-completed vehicle at its Final Assembly, Integration and Test Flight Hangar (FAITH) located at the Mojave Air and Space Port in California. Stephen Hawking, the famed theoretical physicist and cosmologist, is expected to attend the invite-only event to help reveal the craft and the name chosen for the new SpaceShipTwo (SS2).

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

I understand the hard work and constant " learn as you go" that has gone into this project . Still paid and paying customers are going to become disinterested if the service doesn't start up soon .

• Like 2

I understand the hard work and constant " learn as you go" that has gone into this project . Still paid and paying customers are going to become disinterested if the service doesn't start up soon .

Yeah, going into space is so last year. ;)

What's a ticket cost ?

Edited by Goodnite

What's a ticket cost ?

$250,000

Definitely on my "bucket list"

At the moment they only have the one ship, it has a maximum of 6 passengers, yet they have hundreds of deposits. I certainly wouldn't want to be their health and safety officer or insurance broker with the amount of successful flights they will need to achieve without major incident.

At the moment they only have the one ship,

The key part here is "at the moment". They are planning a fleet of these vehicles. In fact this second SpaceShipTwo was already under construction before the crash of the VSS Enterprise.

Will Virgin Galactic Name its Next SpaceShipTwo “Unity”?

Virgin Galactic filed applications in November to trademark the names “Unity” and “VSS Unity”, giving a strong hint about the name of the second SpaceShipTwo the company plans to unveil on Feb. 19.

arrow3.gifRead more...

To quote Steve Jobs, innovation distinguishes between leader and follower. And, I might add, to the innovators there comes the burden of learning from one's mistakes. Remember the lessons learned from the de Havilland Comet, the first commercial production jet liner.

Sometimes i wonder wat happens if ever the replicator is out.. Will it cause everything, including a space flight/holiday to become cheap?