Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang

bubblykiss

The mayor of Cologne has summoned police for crisis talks after about 80 women reported sexual assaults and muggings by men on New Year's Eve.

The scale of the attacks on women at the city's central railway station has shocked Germany. About 1,000 drunk and aggressive young men were involved.

City police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime". The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Saw this yesterday in a German paper, could not get my translator program to work, so here is the English today.

• Like 1

I think the culture of our so called immigrants is a lot different than ours. I remember the attacks on women during the Arab Spring. The crusade is just around the corner.

• Like 6

Germany made a BIG mistake by letting them all in. It had disaster written all over it and now it's going to end in violence.

They will have no choice but to start deporting them, because theres to many for the police to control.

Edited by Finity
  • Like 3

Deport them to where? They'll make a "fleeing oppression" claim and the Court of Human Rights will bar deportation.

Germany should round up these refugees, put them on a plane/bus/train whatever back to either/or Turkey, Saudi Arabia, US, Quatar! These nations have started the war in Syria!

• Like 1

Germany should round up these refugees, put them on a plane/bus/train whatever back to either/or Turkey, Saudi Arabia, US, Quatar! These nations have started the war in Syria!

While fingers are quickly pointed, to this moment there is no evidence that these things happened nor any that it were refugees (and not Germans of Southern origin). So, before coming to judgement we should wait for the evidence.

• Like 5

The scale of the attacks on women at the city's central railway station has shocked Germany. About 1,000 drunk and

aggressive young men were involved.

City police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime". The men were of Arab or North African

appearance, he said.

And to keep the facts clean here it must be known that city police chief Wolfgang Albers himself stated that the number of

offenders was 60-80 out of a bunch of roughly 1000 ppl who were present at that location. So there is no indication, and no

reason for, to assume that a bunch of 1000 idiots attacked the women.

Edited by toast

And to keep the facts clean here it must be known that city police chief Wolfgang Albers himself stated that the number of

offenders was 60-80 out of a bunch of roughly 1000 ppl who were present at that location. So there is no indication, and no

reason for, to assume that a bunch of 1000 idiots attacked the women.

What I don't get us what the other 920 were doing letting it happen, in Germany there us a Good-Samaritan law that could get all of them a fine or some jail time.

• Like 2

What I don't get us what the other 920 were doing letting it happen, in Germany there us a Good-Samaritan law that could get all of

them a fine or some jail time.

I think that the majority even didnt noticed what happened during this New Year jumble because such situation was very new and never

happened b4 but you can be sure that the ppl are sensitized now. And in Hamburg St. Pauli (party+red light destrict) some strip-club

bouncers managed to rescue some women who were attacked by the mob.

This is going to be blown up out of all proportion. There are bound to be misunderstandings when people of a different culture mix together. Perhaps we should try to see what we can learn from them rather than condemn them, the middle east is rich in cultural heritage.

This is going to be blown up out of all proportion. There are bound to be misunderstandings when people of a different culture mix together. Perhaps we should try to see what we can learn from them rather than condemn them, the middle east is rich in cultural heritage.

facepalm-1.gif

Misunderstandings? Perhaps you should stop making excuses for criminals.

• Like 6

When women are molested and robbed by a gang it is never out of proportion, no matter if one or twenty cases. (And I guess that applies to men too).

I agree. But what all have failed to see in the report is that the main goal was theft and pickpocketing. While any kind of aggression towards women is disgusting it looks like the grabs were used primarily as distraction to steel from the victims. According to the reports it seems to be a new way of pickpocketing. Not though if you know the east european countries. The same stings were used by gypsies in crowds. Grab a womans butt create euforia while other members search your pockets.

Cologne city council has now declared the city a "no go " area for women, so perhaps that'll be an end to these scare stories:3386673/Women-Cologne-lockdown-council-admits-no-longer-safe-wake-African-Arab-mob-s-rapes-declares-upcoming-carnival-no-area-females.html

I would prefer if people talked about rape and sexuality in society instead of racism, but as always people are too dumb. Fact the probability that rape and sexual assaults happen in crowded areas /festivals is a lot higher than normal. The whole story is just another media hype. There are so many sexual assaults happening everyday in Europe, but o well this time people of another color are involved must be worse than normal sexual assaults. The funny think is people who often say, o a women should bear it or its her fault, or women should do that do this, now claim that they care about it. ...ridiculous.

edit. I was shocked at first when I read it, I am always shocked if something like that happens, but after observing how the story unfolds, I only think the whole thing is a whole new level of hypocrisy.

Edited by hellwyr

I agree. But what all have failed to see in the report is that the main goal was theft and pickpocketing. While any kind of aggression towards women is disgusting it looks like the grabs were used primarily as distraction to steel from the victims. According to the reports it seems to be a new way of pickpocketing. Not though if you know the east european countries. The same stings were used by gypsies in crowds. Grab a womans butt create euforia while other members search your pockets.

What the hell?!?! Create euforia in who? A stranger grabbing a woman anywhere doesn't create euforia in any way, shape or form. Do they actually think that?

• Like 4

The funny think is people who often say, o a women should bear it or its her fault, or women should do that do this, now claim that they care about it. ...ridiculous.

Who says this?
  • Like 3

"There are bound to be misunderstandings when people of a different culture mix together. Perhaps we should try to see what we can learn from them rather than condemn them, the middle east is rich in cultural heritage."

This sounds like you're suggesting that rape, sexual assault and robbery should be applauded as cultural differences. But as you state "Cologne city council has now declared the city a "no go " area for women, so perhaps that'll be an end to these scare stories". Whoop whoop, No-go areas for Women, all part of cultural enrichment.

Out of interest, what are your thoughts on throwing gays from tall buildings?

• Like 4

Who says this?

Most right wing people :), when bashing women, who are p***ed after people sexual harassed them. Very popular on Twitter or online in general. There are also threats like "I rape you" and women need to be in kitchen..etc online. Those are the same people who now claim to be feminists when they see an opportunity to push their anti-immigration agenda further.

edit: further clarification

Edited by hellwyr

What the hell?!?! Create euforia in who? A stranger grabbing a woman anywhere doesn't create euforia in any way, shape or form. Do they actually think that?

Sorry M. You are right. I used the wrong word since euphoria is used also to describe a mass hystery where i come from. My bad. I meant to say a hystery or distraction by the victims and the people arround.

• Like 2

Sorry M. You are right. I used the wrong word since euphoria is used also to describe a mass hystery where i come from. My bad. I meant to say a hystery or distraction by the victims and the people arround.

Phew...you blew my mind before my first cup of coffee was done. My brain still being fuzzy I had to read it three times to make sure I read it right. :lol:

• Like 1

I too was trying to work out whether it was a typo or another of the many people who seem pop up in defence of these people and start screaming racist at anyone who disagrees.

I too was trying to work out whether it was a typo or another of the many people who seem pop up in defence of these people and start screaming racist at anyone who disagrees.

The problem so far is: not one of the perpetrators has been identified and the general description is "of Southern origin" which can apply to anybody from South Europe to Iraq over North Africa including Northern European Sinty and Roma.

Pointing fingers is pretty premature, and pointing it in the direction of those you hate most is xenophobic. That simple.

• Like 1