Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are the Bundy crowd terrorist's or protesters

OverSword

Armed trespassers at this point.

If and when the first shot is fired then describing them will change.

• Like 5

BLM are like the govt. sanctioned Mafia. Federal land mgmt. is bureaucratic disaster. Let the Paiutes and Ranchers have some land back. The government has no need or business in managing that much land. They are breaking the law, but I don't blame them. The government has acted like a petulant child in it's handling of this legal case. Revised sentence is one thing, increasing the sentence ten fold is not revision. Their bully tactics have come back to bite them in the ass. Some good men are about to die on both sides if they don't walk this back.

• Like 2

I vote protesters. Unless their chosen aim is to inspire terror in a select population, they are not terrorists. That they have guns makes them stupid, and that they claim they will fight it out makes them stupider. But, not terrorist in my mind.

• Like 2

Myself, I don't think there is any need to have a shootout with these guys. Simply make it uncomfortable for them to be there and they will likely leave. Drop a giant cloud of pepper spray on them, or drop tear gas on them. These guys aren't Mujahideen , they are just hillbillies who think they are being heros. Give them a reason to run away and they will. Or, the better option is to just let them rot. I saw the pics of them taking food into the Fed Building, and they don't really have much. Their going to starve pretty quick.

• Like 1

Myself, I don't think there is any need to have a shootout with these guys. Simply make it uncomfortable for them to be there and they will likely leave. Drop a giant cloud of pepper spray on them, or drop tear gas on them. These guys aren't Mujahideen , they are just hillbillies who think they are being heros. Give them a reason to run away and they will. Or, the better option is to just let them rot. I saw the pics of them taking food into the Fed Building, and they don't really have much. Their going to starve pretty quick.

I think you underestimate the will of men with a common cause.

Common cause, but no common sense.

• Like 5

Perhaps, but have you read up on these guys? They mostly make a lot of noise, but rarely actually hold their ground for long.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

They are obviously the the white terrorists that everyone want to deny exist because they are not Muslim immigrants.

They represent the tangible face of hypocrisy.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

So these are just a bunch of whiny rednecks who are mad that they can't pollute/destroy their land in any way they see fit?

They are the ugly face of a much larger White Militia movement (with strong links to white supremacists) which has been identified as the single largest terrorist threat that the USA faces by government agencies. They are much more serious than a bunch of whiny rednecks, they are the tip of a big and nasty iceberg. They are the people who would wage civil war on American lands and they have been far from coy in stating such. They are the militant wing of the Tea party movement.

And the commander in chief of these loons is:

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

They are obviously the the white terrorists that everyone want to deny exist because they are not Muslim immigrants.

They represent the tangible face of hypocrisy.

Br Cornelius

Well, if Muslim extremists would limit themselves to locking themselves into a building to make themselves heard, they'd be considered a lot less extreme.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

Well, if Muslim extremists would limit themselves to locking themselves into a building to make themselves heard, they'd be considered a lot less extreme.

And then you would be ignoring that little fact that supremacists and their bedfellows are statistically the most lethal terrorists on American soil.

Br Cornelius

they want to raise their livestock, but feds took all the water from them, if i'm not mistaken.

also all farms create manure and urine, when there is a lot of it, it poisons land, but i do not think this is something feds care thou.

you are mistaken. they never had land or water taken away. they just don't want to pay the american people to use our land. freeloaders and terrorists.

yeah remember Oklahoma City?
  • Like 2

yeah remember Oklahoma City?

McVeigh? He didn't settle for locking himself in anywhere.

• Like 1

And then you would be ignoring that little fact that supremacists and their bedfellows are statistically the most lethal terrorists on American soil.

Br Cornelius

I'm not ignoring it, simply stating that if people aren't trying to raise terror, then they are not technically terrorists.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist

I don't see being part of a gun club as being in the definition of terrorist. Unless that gun club promotes terrorism activities, which as far as I know, these idiots haven't done so far. They have simply threatened to fire if fired upon and to not allow themselves to be forced out.

• Like 2

Guest Br Cornelius

I'm not ignoring it, simply stating that if people aren't trying to raise terror, then they are not technically terrorists.

http://dictionary.re...rowse/terrorist

I don't see being part of a gun club as being in the definition of terrorist. Unless that gun club promotes terrorism activities, which as far as I know, these idiots haven't done so far. They have simply threatened to fire if fired upon and to not allow themselves to be forced out.

Terrorism is by definition to use violence, or the threat of violence, to achieve a political aim. These boys, by wielding their guns are threatening violence to achieve a change in public policy - which by definition makes them terrorists.

If they had have turned up without their guns then they would be classed as protestors.

Br Cornelius

There ain't no such thing as "aggravated protesting". If someone wants to protest, fine, occupy a building - but leave the guns at home. Then you're a protester and not a criminal/terrorist.

So is an armed bank robber holed up in a bank with hostages a terrorist?

I never really thought of it like that. But I guess if the choice is if the bank robber is a terrorist or a protester, I would have to choose terrorist. Though I suppose technically that robber is being very hands on about protesting not having money.

Gosh, that's a bit of fat to chew over in the back of my mind today now, lol.

• Like 1

No, a criminal. That bank robber is not demanding some form of political/social change backed up by their threats of violence.

• Like 4

No, a criminal. That bank robber is not demanding some form of political/social change backed up by their threats of violence.

I never really thought of it like that. But I guess if the choice is if the bank robber is a terrorist or a protester, I would have to choose terrorist. Though I suppose technically that robber is being very hands on about protesting not having money.

I think these three posts have made it clear that the protester-vs-terrorist moniker may be too black and white. Neither seems accurate, since I would actually agree that a bank robber with hostages is not a terrorist. I still think these y'all-quaeda idiots are terrorists, but why not add a third option?

They could be:

1. Protesters

2. Terrorists

3. Criminals threatening violence if their demands aren't met.

The distinction between 2 and 3 is largely a question of motivation, I think.

• Like 2

that is because voting does not work, but revolutions do. i have no doubt a lot more believe in revolution than voting, make a poll if you do not believe me, see for yourself.

:lol: Start that poll and get your assets frozen :gun:

The robber wants money, not political change. That makes him a common criminal. Now, if besides money he demands that background checks for gun purchases should be abolished to make his line of work easier that would make him a terrorist.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

so no more elections? no more prostests? no more petitions? Just grab your guns, some like minded folk and threaten, take hostages do anything in the name of liberty? Who ever has the most guns, and most ruthlessness is the winner? great idea! if you are crazy!

• Like 4

Br Cornelius

Too many movies for you. Remember 9-11?

When is the last time you heard of a white supremacist terror attack in the USA?????

• Like 2