Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are the Bundy crowd terrorist's or protesters

OverSword

IMO armed, religious and self righteous 'militia' who some of them already said good-bye to their families as they don't expect to come back alive says it all. They are terrorists in my opinion.

• Like 2

Too many movies for you. Remember 9-11?

When is the last time you heard of a white supremacist terror attack in the USA?????

Lets see, was there not a bloke called House or Garden or Roof or something like that who shot up a church achieving two things, first he gave Obama the defining moment of his presidency (because before that most we could say about him is that he was the Prezz and black) and second got the Confederate Flag banned from all public buildings? I believe that was last year.

The robber wants money, not political change. That makes him a common criminal. Now, if besides money he demands that background checks for gun purchases should be abolished to make his line of work easier that would make him a terrorist.

But that wasn't the question.. question gave two choices, terrorist or protester. Does not matter what I think of the robber, that choice was not an option. So I chose the option that more closely aligned with the act IMO, even if the motivation was off.

That's why I said it was a fat chewer. It's just an interesting mental exercise to try to accommodate the answers provided when I know neither is correct because a third answer would be most correct, but I can't choose that answer. So I have to figure out how to logically accommodate the wrong answers.

It's an interesting way to try to understand how others peoples thought processes work. Even if I don't think that way I can better understand how others think that way.

• Like 1

But that wasn't the question.. question gave two choices, terrorist or protester. Does not matter what I think of the robber, that choice was not an option. So I chose the option that more closely aligned with the act IMO, even if the motivation was off.

That's why I said it was a fat chewer. It's just an interesting mental exercise to try to accommodate the answers provided when I know neither is correct because a third answer would be most correct, but I can't choose that answer. So I have to figure out how to logically accommodate the wrong answers.

It's an interesting way to try to understand how others peoples thought processes work. Even if I don't think that way I can better understand how others think that way.

Well, it really is not. They have political demands and are armed while committing a misdemeanor. That should be quite clear. And as soon as the shooting starts (Bundy has just rejected the local Sheriff's offer to stand down and all is forgotten) then it will be political demands while committing a felony. It cannot be any clearer.

IMO armed, religious and self righteous 'militia' who some of them already said good-bye to their families as they don't expect to come back alive says it all. They are terrorists in my opinion.

The fact you consider these people to be terrorists scares me infinitely more than the occupiers themselves.

Do you know what happens to people labeled "terrorist" in America? Do you recall all the arguments over the last 10 years about the slippery slope that word creates?

These guys stated, pretty early on, they have no intent of causing harm to anyone, except in the event of the feds attempting to remove them. If they consider themselves terrorists, they sure suck at filling those boots.

• Like 3

Lets see, was there not a bloke called House or Garden or Roof or something like that who shot up a church achieving two things, first he gave Obama the defining moment of his presidency (because before that most we could say about him is that he was the Prezz and black) and second got the Confederate Flag banned from all public buildings? I believe that was last year.

Lone wolf nut job not part of a terror movement or organization so nope...not a terrorist.
  • Like 1

The question about the bank robber was a response to the assertion that anyone using guns to occupy a building is a terrorist which clearly a bank robber is not so guns alone can't qualify these mooks in Oregon as terrorists.
  • Like 1

Lone wolf nut job not part of a terror movement or organization so nope...not a terrorist.

I did not know that it was mandatory for terrorists to act in herds and the legal definition seez nothing about requiring more than one.

Besides that, someone indoctrinated Roof, and whoever did that is as guilty as he is and as much a terrorist.

• Like 1

These guys stated, pretty early on, they have no intent of causing harm to anyone, except in the event of the feds attempting to remove them. If they consider themselves terrorists, they sure suck at filling those boots.

So, they actually do have some intent of causing harm to some folks. It's just that the folks concerned are "the Feds" so that doesn't count? :huh:

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 4

The fact you consider these people to be terrorists scares me infinitely more than the occupiers themselves.

Do you know what happens to people labeled "terrorist" in America? Do you recall all the arguments over the last 10 years about the slippery slope that word creates?

if they mean no harm and are peaceful then why bring guns?
  • Like 4

'cause a real Murican does not even go to the Loo without his six shooter ya dummy!

Anyone who is willing to die or harm others because they want their way are dangerous. If they feel all they have stood for is starting to unravel, they do not think rationally,they react in scary and unpredictable ways. So, yes terrorists.

• Like 1

Couldnt they just camp at governorors lawn? Like occupy Wallstreet :)

but they want to play soldier and show their guns.

• Like 1

I don't think those people are terrorist. It's really strange that we have to even entertain an idea as if they were. Yet,y'al would rather allow to let non-vetted fake refugees in with no questions asked.yeah alright, O.K mmhmp.

• Like 1

I don't think those people are terrorist. It's really strange that we have to even entertain an idea as if they were. Yet,y'al would rather allow to let non-vetted fake refugees in with no questions asked.yeah alright, O.K mmhmp.

An they are certainly not Arabs, therefore cannot be terrorists....

[/cynicism]

that is a false choice. nobody said they would rather do anything.

'cause a real Murican does not even go to the Loo without his six shooter ya dummy!

since when do Muricans go to a loo

since when do Muricans go to a loo

yeh, I forgot that all A--holes are overseas.

yeah well I disagree with ya about that. It seems like the same people that want to remove guns are the same people that want these non vetted people here.

An they are certainly not Arabs, therefore cannot be terrorists....

[/cynicism]

pointless posting about this man. come on,bring it, something substantial...

So, they actually do have some intent of causing harm to some folks. It's just that the folks concerned are "the Feds" so that doesn't count? :huh:

They don't intend to harm anyone unless someone tries to harm them first, a contingency which they are allegedly prepared for. I have a feeling if the cops go in without guns drawn and arrest them they will allow themselves to be cuffed and processed.
  • Like 3

publicity. It draws attention to their cause. This group has successfully used this tactic in the past.
  • Like 3

They don't intend to harm anyone unless someone tries to harm them first, a contingency which they are allegedly prepared for. I have a feeling if the cops go in without guns drawn and arrest them they will allow themselves to be cuffed and processed.

They have already harmed somebody by violating the law, and be it only the guys that have to sit out in the cold babysitting them so they don't get more funny ideas.

• Like 1

Couldnt they just camp at governorors lawn? Like occupy Wallstreet :)

did that work?

publicity. It draws attention to their cause. This group has successfully used this tactic in the past.

I think that the Oath Keepers are on the terrorist watch list,most likely these people too. Even though they're not.