Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do we go when we die?

jamie6747

It's not logical to say we live multiple lives. What would the point of that be if we can't recall past lives?

"To be born, die, again be reborn, and so progress unceasingly, such is the law"

- Allan Kardec

To me, recincarnation makes sense as a way for the soul, or spirit to improve and make progress. If for exemple, an invidividual has failed in life or died prematurely of natural causes outside of his/her control, why shouldn't it be possible to get another shot, or even many more at living assuming conciousness survives physical death? Wouldn't a Supreme Intelligence allows our spirits to make amend and be able to access that which we couldn't in previous lives by way of progressing? If we are here right now incarnated in human form, how can we really be sure we haven't been there in the past, on Earth or elsewhere?

Edited by EEHC

"To be born, die, again be reborn, and so progress unceasingly, such is the law"

- Allan Kardec

To me, recincarnation makes sense as a way for the soul, or spirit to improve and make progress. If for exemple, an invidividual has failed in life or died prematurely of natural causes outside of his/her control, why shouldn't it be possible to get another shot, or even many more at living assuming conciousness survives physical death? Wouldn't a Surpeme Intelligence allows our spirits to make amend and be able to access that which we couldn't in previous lives by way of progressing? If we are here right now incarnated in human form, how can we really be sure we haven't been there in the past, on Earth or elsewhere?

Why should or could we have a soul or spirit?

I know many love the idea, but that is all it is. Reality seems to be rather different.

• Like 1

Forgive me for being a devilish avocado, but...

..why shouldn't it be possible to get another shot

Why *should* it be possible?? If there is a Divine Consciousness, then I'm going to question his/her motives - why didn't he/she not let the person do the wrong things, and then die, in the first place?? And what about those who die as kids or babies?

Wouldn't a Surpeme Intelligence who created the Universe allows your spirit to make amend and be able to access that which we couldn't in previous lives?

Wouldn't a Supreme Intelligence who created the Universe gently tell you how to not do things that require making amends in the first place, especially given that many of those things hurt other innocent people?

The usual copout about us being free to make choices, seems to me to be an excuse for this alleged Supreme Being not actually existing, or perhaps being a very, very unpleasant being....

If we are here right now incarnated in human form, how can we really be sure we haven't been there in the past, on Earth or elsewhere?

Well, I know how we could be sure, if it did happen..... but no such evidence has ever been presented. The default position is therefore that it doesn't happen. Sorry.

Anyways, what has all this stuff got to do with the initial diagram? :D

• Like 3

You can find immortality, through your words, your actions, or your genes. If you've lived a life worth remembering you may very will live forever.

• Like 1

23570732284_1943c9d8c4_b.jpg

Hi, if I do not understand any of this man made chart, does it mean I am exempt from the "we go here gang" allegedly? sorry, but it all looks very confusing to me, I just want to die in peace, be buried at sea and hope my family bloodline continues for many more "happy" decades.

• Like 1

i .....did not come on this earth to just rot in the Mud .

i......did not go through all this hurt and pain for nothing

i......did not try to be good '' most '' of my life just to be '' dead '' dead

i......will go to heaven , regardless if not i will create my own heaven

i.....will not take no for an answer

i......am going somewhere

khan.gif

Yet this is what we all do. We live, try to make things at least a teeny bit better for someone or something then die without the expectation of thanks or worship.

If anyone does happen to remember me when I die their first thought , hopefully, won't be one of "Geez, what a sack of crap she was!". (Despite the avi and name I am female)

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

i......will go to heaven , regardless if not i will create my own heaven

i.....will not take no for an answer

i......am going somewhere

Yeah... good luck with that.

• Like 4

Yeah... good luck with that.

Thank youuuuuuu post-157054-0-66359000-1452695072.gif i deserve it ...and everyone else who wants to come along

Edited by YA AMAR

In my opinion i think death is like sleeping except what you dream would be in definite or continuous.

What else are we to live for. My immortality is in the genes I've shared. Know that a random combination of genetic material generation after my death, might produce someone who looks just like me.

While I appreciate and respect your thoughts regarding death, I have to have more than that. I have a deep sense of knowing that there's more to 'life' than we live and die. Not only do I have a God that has promised me eternal life but I have a grasp of physics that tells me energy (yes, we're energy) never dies. I do believe ONE of the reasons we live is to reproduce and hopefully evolve into better humans but I don't believe that's the only reason.

While I appreciate and respect your thoughts regarding death, I have to have more than that. I have a deep sense of knowing that there's more to 'life' than we live and die. Not only do I have a God that has promised me eternal life but I have a grasp of physics that tells me energy (yes, we're energy) never dies. I do believe ONE of the reasons we live is to reproduce and hopefully evolve into better humans but I don't believe that's the only reason.

Hi barbco, I do not quite get the grips of this kind of thinking, you see, I think life has enough challenges and it is for my best interest to make sure that I have a deep sense of knowing that I am doing the best I can to make good use of the time I have here.

All the energy I have I intend to use during the time while here..... I do not believe there is any energy for me after life, once I die, like all the other animals on this planet.... I cease to exist.

Hence best make good use of the "energy" I have as a living person.

• Like 4

Hi barbco, I do not quite get the grips of this kind of thinking, you see, I think life has enough challenges and it is for my best interest to make sure that I have a deep sense of knowing that I am doing the best I can to make good use of the time I have here.

All the energy I have I intend to use during the time while here..... I do not believe there is any energy for me after life, once I die, like all the other animals on this planet.... I cease to exist.

Hence best make good use of the "energy" I have as a living person.

Why not both? I know that I'm here for a reason/s and just like you, I try and make my time here count. I also know that my soul or consciousness will continue on when my physical body dies.

Reality seems to be rather different.

In which ways? Everything you think happens after death is part of your belief system, not necesserely reality.

''Soul'' is a convenient term I use to describe that which may transcend us. I understand that a materialist-reductionist will probably disagree.

The usual copout about us being free to make choices, seems to me to be an excuse for this alleged Supreme Being not actually existing, or perhaps being a very, very unpleasant being....

I am an Agnostic Theist and don't claim to know the properties of the Supreme Intelligence. I can only say that for me, free will and God are not incompatible.

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 1

Why not both? I know that I'm here for a reason/s and just like you, I try and make my time here count. I also know that my soul or consciousness will continue on when my physical body dies.

When you say you "know" is that more like " I hope"? so far there is absolutely no proof that we continue after death, there is proof that our bodies do not, our brains do not either, and without a brain, I can not see how we can "think" or have any form of consciousness, no body + nothing in head = not much left.

I can understand people believing in a "soul", it can bring peace to ones living consciousness, but we must remember that what you know and think today is what you have been taught and have learned throughout your living years on this planet since you were born, you are living within a society, in your particular time of life, you have lived with others, formed your life around and within your environment, you have learned to live within your climatic conditions, you may still be doing that until you die, you have adapted to your natural surroundings, where you live, how you work, your family, friends etc etc etc ......you are a descendant of your ancestors, you carry their genes, you now carry your own too, you pass them on, how can any of this exist outside of the life it was formed in?

We move with the times, we learn with the times, we adapt with today.....how can any of this be relevant after our death "in another" world when you no longer have everything around you which you lived among and beside?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

How can "energy" by itself even be able to hold onto any sort of information for any length of time?

Also..what sort of energy are we speaking of when we speak of "souls"? It sounds all nice and comfy to say "energy this.." or energy that.." but what form is it? Energy is just a blanket term for something that can do something else.

• Like 2

How can "energy" by itself even be able to hold onto any sort of information for any length of time?

Also..what sort of energy are we speaking of when we speak of "souls"? It sounds all nice and comfy to say "energy this.." or energy that.." but what form is it? Energy is just a blanket term for something that can do something else.

Energy hanging on to information for any length of time? Science doesn't have a clue, but you, me, and every other human does it every day. By energy, I am referring to 'particles' (or waves) of sub-atomic energy that create 'matter'.

• Like 1

I really wish that all believers, when they die, had one brief moment of consciousness. Just enough to see that they were wrong and there is nothing. Just long enough for them to think, "Oh, shi--"

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5

Spam link removed

Jamie, do you have any actual discussion to bring, or are you just going to spam that YT channel?

• Like 2

With all due respect for your beliefs.

BeneficialDopeyKrill.gif

• Like 3

I really wish that all believers, when they die, had one brief moment of consciousness. Just enough to see that they were wrong and there is nothing. Just long enough for them to think, "Oh, shi--"

You are a believer as well, since you believe or just assume that there can be nothing after physical death.

Who knows, you might be the one who will be proven wrong. ;)

Edited by EEHC
  • Like 1